Newbies Beware!!!!

I bought my Coolsat system from Jimmy at dvbhardware.com and he went well beyond the call of duty to help me get my system installed. I also received the system in just a few days and I called him at all hours of the day with newbie questions which he answered with no problem. I would recommend him and his company to anyone without reservation. It seems like a few of the sat sales companys mentioned simply have too many problems associated with their names. You hear one or two issues, that could be a rare instance. When it goes beyond that, its buyer beware.

FTA Direct & Gosatellite are the same company...FTA Direct is in Canada and GoSatellite is in the US...so yuo get your item quicker depending on where you are

They both have the Pansat 3500 with a link to my review on it :)

I have had good luck with Skyvision. Fair prices on the 922 and the 3618. The 3618 froze up after about 2 and a half months they didn't not hesitate to tell me to send it back and I had a new one in about 6 days. It suprised me, I was ready for a fight, I told her what was wrong and she didn't beat around the bush, her next words were "Send it back and we will send you a new one."
I am very satisfied with Skyvision.

Iceberg said:
FTA Direct & Gosatellite are the same company...FTA Direct is in Canada and GoSatellite is in the US...so yuo get your item quicker depending on where you are

They both have the Pansat 3500 with a link to my review on it :)

Can you explain where the distribution points are? From what I can dig up, both ship form one location in Glendale, CA. I searched the US BBB and the Canadian BBB. Both URL's are registered to Go Satellite in Glendale. They are also under review by BBB, but it appears they just got entered into the database.

Edit:

There is also an office in Hesperia CA registered in the BBB

I'm not seeing anything on FTAdirect site that mentions being in Canada. They even mention having to have a customs broker when shipping to Canada.
If they (ftadirect) are in Canada why does the customer need a customs broker?

Being that both websites are pretty much an exact copy, this might be an oversite, but other than an office in Canada that registered the URL's it seems they don't exist in Canada.

Edit again:

Also registered sites under:
ftaexperts.com
ftacenter.com

They also list this FTACash.com affiliate program. After looking at all the info, it appears these sites are all like the old ISP setups where people pay a fee and become part of the network where one company provides the product all all you have to do is put up a website to take orders. You get paid a commission based on the orders coming from your website. It appears RMD Media Group is the main company behind all of them.

Geesh, this RMD Media group is into many different arena's

http://66.240.194.131/sitemap.htm

That is the site map from one of their main servers off USADrugonline.com Notice all the FTA stuff on there. Also, if you go to the second page of the sitemap, you can see all the sites top level domain names.

Please understand, I am not accusing this company of anything, but it seems strange to me that all of these sites link back to one holding company and they appear to deal in Satellite equipment, prescription drugs, and cell phones.

At least get some originality on the sites! All these site are so cookie cutter it's annoying.

Edit:

Iceberg...
Are they doing business in Canada from Toronto? I found ANOTHER company called Dish Experts that has the exact same USA address as Go Satellite, but also lists a Toronto Canada address.

I dont know about all this.. FTADirect has always been overly sketchy in my opinion, and personally, I would never buy from them because of this.

Stick with Sadoun, I have bought from them a few times, and I am more then happy with their support :)

That and SGA has had alot of good reviews from my fellow cohorts here, so I could feel justified recommending them as well.

Well, the best way to resolve any problems, is to buy from a Local Dealer first, and if you can't get what you are looking for, only purchase from a Company that has AAA Ratings, and you are able to verify what their Address and phone number is...

I'm glad that you came on this board, and let us all know how risky it is to buy on the internet...

I for one think that there should be a little more screening in having a "Gold Sponsor" here.. sure, they pay us for advertising, but that in and of itself shouldnt mean we endorse them..

For those without the luxury of a local dealer, it would be nice if we could truly stand behind our sponsors.

And, Dr Bob, enlighten us on how to determine if a company has "AAA Ratings"...

ultatryon said:
I for one think that there should be a little more screening in having a "Gold Sponsor" here.. sure, they pay us for advertising, but that in and of itself shouldnt mean we endorse them..

For those without the luxury of a local dealer, it would be nice if we could truly stand behind our sponsors.

Trust me, we do make sure our gold sponsors follow strict guidelines.

ultatryon said:

Well the BBB in your area should have a listing of all businesses, and if you are a member, they can give you some inside information on the Company that you are seeking info on. You can also go to your local Chamber of Commerce and see if they have a listing there...

AAA Ratings, is really nothing more than words that describe how good a company is. If they have 35 complaints, that have not been addressed, or un-answered, then that should be enough of a Flag to warn you, to keep away from them...

In this world of being "Politically Correct", I guess everything is relative... LOL So if you think that A is good enough, and F is the the worst, then use those Ratings instead... The AAA was simply my way of putting a Ranking on things, and doesn't really have a final verdict... LOL You may even like AAAA, which might mean that they had 2 less complaints, that the Company with AAA... RONTGLMAO....

The bottom line is, that if you buy from a local company, and you know who the owner or Manager is, along with their Address and Phone number, you will have an advantage, when it comes to getting a problem resolved. We all know what kind of advantage you have with the Dot Coms, don't we... LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)