Newbies need help to setup dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tanghh

Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
Hi, I am new to the community. I got a World Direct dish (36x20) with two LNBs (one round LNB and one KU Linear 11.7-12.2). I can easily point to 97W with 90/90 signal/quality with the round standard LNB by setting LNB type to "single" or "universal" on my coolsat-6000. However, I am not able to find 101 or 95. Am I did something wrong?

According to dishpointers.com, I should use these angles:

95W, Elev 38.1, Azimuth=125.2, Polarization=-30.8 65C
97W, Elev 39.2, Azimuth=127.6, Polarisation=-29 90C
101W, Elev 38.1, Azimuth=132.9, Polarization=-25.2

However, actually I have to use Elev 54, Skew=90 in order to get strong 97W signal. One friend told me that I should use Skew=65 for 95/101, and Skew=90 for 97W in my area (Zip 94303). However, I tries everything I can without success. By the way, I live in bay area (Palo Alto,CA).

Another obersation I have is, that I have an existing 20x18" direct TV dish which I can receive signal from 97W, but it looks like it point to 10 degree west than my new 36x20 dish. How that can be possible?

Any help will be appreciated. I really like to use the 36x20 dish with Ku LNB to get chinese program for my dad on 95W (CCTV4). Thanks again.

I use Coolsat 6000 receiver, seems to be very sensitive to find satelite, at least works for 97W.

Is that easy to use KU LNB to find 95W, or use the other LNB to find 101W? One thing I know is that the round LNB works fine because I can get 97W well. Anyone can suggest what is my next step to try?

By the way, I tried to use KU LNB with LO frequency 10750 or 11250 with no success (no signal at all), if I set it to 550, I get low signal.

I know my standard LNB is good, not sure about KU LNB. But I want to find 101W or 95W first with either of my LNB.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You should keep all your questions in the same thread, and not start any more new threads.
The lnbf that is working uses the LO setting of 10750.
The lnbf that's not working uses an LO of 11250, but that lnbf is not going to work on those three satellites.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts