Neweggs Fake Processor Problem

I guess they felt they had to. Glad my last CPUs came from MicroCenter.

It didn't say what dates for people who bought them were affected. I bought one last June.

It didn't say what dates for people who bought them were affected. I bought one last June.
excerpt........

Dear Valued Customer,

It's been brought to our attention that you may have received a Demo Version of the Intel Core i7 Processor you recently purchased. We would like to first and foremost apologize for any confusion this may have caused you. Please take a moment to examine the product you received thoroughly to determine if you in fact received the wrong product. The Demo Version of these CPUs were purchased between March 1, 2010 through March 4, 2010 and will have FPO/BATCH# 3938B006 printed on the product's packaging. Additionally, the Part Number on the heat sink will read CNFN936612 and there will be no wiring on the heat sink itself. If you have determined that you received the wrong product, please except(sic) our deepest apologies. To resolve this matter immediately, simply forward this email to both Aaron.A.Aragonez@newegg.com and Scott.A.Renwick@newegg.com and state which of the two following options best suit you: Full Refund - We are more than willing to issue an RMA for a full and complete Refund. Replacement for the Correct Product - If you are still interested in the product, we will issue an Advanced Replacement RMA to get the product to you immediately. We would like to once again extend our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and we appreciate your cooperation in this matter. Kindest Regards.

Once You Know, You Newegg.

Your Newegg.com Customer Service Team

sorry... I think I confused you. The excerpt was from another article not the original one I posted. It was from the original web site that posted about the fakes..... HardOCP

Oh, ok. I thought there for a minute I was losing my mind. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)