newer boxes?

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
is CV still making you use the SciAtlanta 8300HD box for DVR use? I heard a rumor that CV was going to also use a different model or even brand... anyone have this info?

Or will the TiVo HD boxes still work with CV - aka the dreaded switched video issues.

reason I ask is I have DirecTV now with the HR21 boxes which work pretty good and love the HD content - BUT a tree is starting to grow enough to block the sat... and I can't think about going back to that sa8300HD box :)

I read the same thing on another forum. I really hope it's true. At least a software upgrademaybe...Our boxes are nothing compared to what is offered by other services such as DTV/DISH/Fios/AT&T.

i hope we get the motorola boxes because i saw the hd picture from those boxes and i gotta say the Sci Atlanta 8300HD doesnt hold a candle to these boxes.

i hope we get the motorola boxes because i saw the hd picture from those boxes and i gotta say the Sci Atlanta 8300HD doesnt hold a candle to these boxes.
Thiers no difference in picture quality between the boxes. It's the compression ratio Cablevision uses that make the digital picture look like crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)