News Feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Still think IA6 or Telstar 6 as it used to be called is the best, its at 93w, full of Fox,ABC, and CBS news feeds, if I could only point at one satellite I think I would point at this bird.

On AMC 5 right now

PSB said:
Still think IA6 or Telstar 6 as it used to be called is the best, its at 93w, full of Fox,ABC, and CBS news feeds, if I could only point at one satellite I think I would point at this bird.

I'm on AMC 5. It has some good feeds. Do you think T6 has the better feeds? If so I'll try to point to that one in the morning. AMC 5 also has Empire Sports :)

You will not regret the move to T6, morning is best, some days are busy some are not, its my first stop of the day, but it only take seconds to get from one satellite to another when you have them stored, T6 is also my true south satellite thats another reason I like it, I peak my motorized system on it and everything else is set!
News feeds are great especially when they go off air to the general public : )

No Motor Yet

PSB said:
You will not regret the move to T6, morning is best, some days are busy some are not, its my first stop of the day, but it only take seconds to get from one satellite to another when you have them stored

Only problem I have is that I don't have a motor yet. I have to do all the moving by hand. It's difficult sometimes to find the different Sat's. That is why I am looking for the best sat for the news feeds. I want to set the dish and keep it on the best one for the feeds till I get a motor. I hope T6 is better than AMC 5 cause I don't want to have to waste 5 days trying to fine AMC 5 again.

*sniff*

Winter will soon be here and the sky will be opened up for me.

I came to a decision this morning when I had literally 15 mosquito bites on my back and 12 on my arms from yesterdays fiasco with the dish installer, I'm moving out of this infested swamp the second my lease is up and moving to a house with no trees and a full concrete yard with no water for miles.
I was wearing a long sleeved shirt at the time too.
Damn mosquitoes.

If you save your AMC5 channels and mark the position on the pole/mast you will get back in a snap, done it that way for a LONG time before I got motorized. In fact its sometimes a good idea to store a few satellites/channels in your receiver before you hook up a motor as it can save a lot of time with the set up, you at least want to get your true south satellite found and stored before adding the motor.

T6 has a ton of feeds
AMC6 & SBS6 have sports feeds and sometimes news feeds

If you don't have a motor, use a magic marker and make little notations on the pole (that's what I did before I got my motor). Saved me from freezing my ars off in the winter :)

On T6 Now

Iceberg and PSB, I am now on T6. Couple of questions though. I get Reuters WNS (scrambled) OUD Chan A thru F (scrambled or bad channel) DOJ (scrambled or bad channel) Wright Patterson 1 thru 8 (scrambled or bad) CBS 1 (scrambled) I/P DVB Service (scrambled).

I get CBS Newspath, ABC News One, and 1 or 2 Video Paths. Am I doing something wrong? Also I asked you and PSB before about the signal being strong on Blomberg and ABC News One and very weak on the news feeds. Still having the same problem with that. I grounded the system. No difference. Could it possibly be my lnb? The lnb that I have is a FSS Digital KU LNBF 11.7-12.2 N/F 0.6 db. Are there better ones or could the one I have be defective? Thanks again.

The stuff on T6 (IA6) that is up 24/7 is
ABC News Now
University Network
CBS Newspath
Lord & taylor Network
Fox news (usually)

Everything else is a crap shoot depending on the time of day

There are better LNBF but they cost more : ( The feeds are there then they are gone, best to scan at the top and bottom of the hour, the feeds are not TV channels, thats why the signal is lower, all you can do is get a better LNBF and a bigger dish!

I get Fox news live also!

The Fox feeds open up when there is news, a car chase, fires..... thats when you should have a look.

Iceberg said:
The stuff on T6 (IA6) that is up 24/7 is
ABC News Now
University Network
CBS Newspath
Lord & taylor Network
Fox news (usually)

Everything else is a crap shoot depending on the time of day

Since you mentioned it, 'Berg, who is that University Network dude ?

Seems like his entire aging process has been documented on video ! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.