Next contract for Pujols

Pujol's had his worse season ever and missed some time due to injury. His numbers would have been much better if he played the whole year
Better than the numbers I posted for Cabrera, doubtful.

You can put his BEST year up and not beat the BA. , correction, Pojols BEST year was higher than .344.

However, if you look at the stats you'll see they are very similar for thier careers.

I also doubt that his numbers in the AL would be as good as they are in the NL.

Jimbo said:
Better than the numbers I posted for Cabrera, doubtful.

You can put his BEST year up and not beat the BA. , correction, Pojols BEST year was higher than .344.

However, if you look at the stats you'll see they are very similar for thier careers.

I also doubt that his numbers in the AL would be as good as they are in the NL.

As much as I love Cabrera... He has hands of stone at 1b. Plus Miggy has a tendency to get as fat as Oprah.... It is a problem Albert has never had. Not to mention, right now and for the last 9 years, there has not been at hitter that has commanded more respect than Pujols

As much as I love Cabrera... He has hands of stone at 1b. Plus Miggy has a tendency to get as fat as Oprah.... It is a problem Albert has never had. Not to mention, right now and for the last 9 years, there has not been at hitter that has commanded more respect than Pujols

You haven't watched Cabrera since he moved to 1B apparently.
He's done very well.
No, he's NOT Pojuls Defensively.

As for him getting FAT, what does that have to do with anything as long as he plays well and hits like he always has ?

You can't compare two players saying that one guy is better because he's 200 lbs and the other is .250.

Cabrera has been talked about being Pojols equal with the bat in his hand for many years now. (last 3 at least).

Fwiw, Cabrera's Defensive numbers at 1b are .995, .990 and .991 the last 3 years (since moving to 1B)

Pojols Defensive numbers for the last 3 years are .998, .992 and .824

Last edited:
Jimbo said:
You haven't watched Cabrera since he moved to 1B apparently.
He's done very well.
No, he's NOT Pojuls Defensively.

As for him getting FAT, what does that have to do with anything as long as he plays well and hits like he always has ?

You can't compare two players saying that one guy is better because he's 200 lbs and the other is .250.

Cabrera has been talked about being Pojols equal with the bat in his hand for many years now. (last 3 at least).

Fwiw, Cabrera's Defensive numbers at 1b are .995, .990 and .991 the last 3 years (since moving to 1B)

Pojols Defensive numbers for the last 3 years are .998, .992 and .824

His weight has been an issue because he has had an issue with drinking. When he was down here, that was a major concerned. Many have thought that if had better control of his weight, he would be a better all around athlete than Pujols.

His weight has been an issue because he has had an issue with drinking. When he was down here, that was a major concerned. Many have thought that if had better control of his weight, he would be a better all around athlete than Pujols.

Oh, I agree that he should get control of his weight better ...
He has come a long ways as a 1B in the 3 years he's been playing there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts