Next Generation DTV NOW Coming This Spring

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CSM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Chesterfield, MO
Amid Satellite TV Drop, DirecTV Now Streaming Service Hits 1.2 Million Subscribers

"In the spring of 2018, AT&T plans to launch the next generation of its OTT platform, which will include cloud DVR, a third concurrent stream for DirecTV Now (up from two currently), and user-interface enhancements, according to Stephenson. Before the end of 2018, AT&T plans to launch a “home-centric” version of the OTT service, with an in-home connected-TV set-top."

I wish they would get their on demand right first. Sucks they don’t stream it from their own servers.
Think about it, D*'s on demand is no good ... why would you expect the att one to be any better ?

I can't say about U Verse on Demand as I have never used it, or seen it for that matter.

Basically since i got DTV, i cant get the on demand or rewind to beginning features to work..says my internet speed is to slow, which its not. Would be nice if it actually worked.

Basically since i got DTV, i cant get the on demand or rewind to beginning features to work..says my internet speed is to slow, which its not. Would be nice if it actually worked

Mine works just fine.
The best part of ISP connectivity (imho) is being able to jump into a live show half-way through it and reset to the beginning.
Try forcing a software update and see if that helps.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Could it be something wrong with the receiver, because I have issues at at all with anything else internet related. Like watching Netflix, etc on my Apple tv

Could it be something wrong with the receiver, because I have issues at at all with anything else internet related. Like watching Netflix, etc on my Apple tv

All the more reason to try forcing an update of the software on the Genie.
Press MENU, then SETTINGS & HELP, then SETTINGS and the beginning screen will be INFO & TEST. Read the date which should at least as new than this January. I believe the latest software is 0xd8f if I'm not mistaken. If it is older software you should try to update it.
Reset the receiver (press the red button) then immediately and repeatedly quickly type this number onto the remote: 02468.
Keep doing this while the receiver is rebooting until the screen says that it's downloading or updating the software.

After the software exercise is done (whether it updated or not) do this:
Go to MENU, SETTINGS & HELP, SETTINGS, INTERNET SETUP, ADVANCED SETUP.
If your DTV network is hardwired to the internet then disconnect the coax cable to whatever device is being used (Broadband Deca, Whole Home Adapter, WiFi Deca, whatever). If it's a wireless connection using the internal wifi of the Genie just proceed as follows: press RESET NETWORK, then the exit button until you're out of menus system. Now reset the Genie (yes again, this will wipe the internet settings from the memory) then, after the Genie is back up, reconnect the coax (if that was needed) and get back to INTERNET SETUP and this time select RECONFIGURE CONNECTION.
Follow the prompts until you've reconnected the internet and everything should now be just fine.

All the more reason to try forcing an update of the software on the Genie.
Press MENU, then SETTINGS & HELP, then SETTINGS and the beginning screen will be INFO & TEST. Read the date which should at least as new than this January. I believe the latest software is 0xd8f if I'm not mistaken. If it is older software you should try to update it.
Reset the receiver (press the red button) then immediately and repeatedly quickly type this number onto the remote: 02468.
Keep doing this while the receiver is rebooting until the screen says that it's downloading or updating the software.

After the software exercise is done (whether it updated or not) do this:
Go to MENU, SETTINGS & HELP, SETTINGS, INTERNET SETUP, ADVANCED SETUP.
If your DTV network is hardwired to the internet then disconnect the coax cable to whatever device is being used (Broadband Deca, Whole Home Adapter, WiFi Deca, whatever). If it's a wireless connection using the internal wifi of the Genie just proceed as follows: press RESET NETWORK, then the exit button until you're out of menus system. Now reset the Genie (yes again, this will wipe the internet settings from the memory) then, after the Genie is back up, reconnect the coax (if that was needed) and get back to INTERNET SETUP and this time select RECONFIGURE CONNECTION.
Follow the prompts until you've reconnected the internet and everything should now be just fine.
Why do you continuously hit the 02468 ?
Do the reset (I prefer thru the menus) when it starts to come back up with the Blue screen, wait 1-2 seconds, then hit the 02468 in an even flow and it will take.
Been working that way for ages ...

Ive had the latest 8f software, that i downloaded weeks ago, and still does the same thing saying my internet is to slow. When i first got my Genie HR54-700, The online features worked fine from what I member. But now, nope. Ive called CS many times they dont know anything...just like with the othe problem i have, where i cant get my Galaxy S8 to connect to my receiver with the DTV app, my iPad Air 2 connects fine, but whenever i try my phone, it says unable to connect to receiver. It sees the receiver, but wont connect. Wants me to enter my IP address, just like i do on the iPad, but it says unable to connect, i call about it, they dont know a thing about there own app.

Why are there posts regarding satellite receivers in this Directv Now thread? I am interested in what might be coming next for Directv Now, not trouble shooting satellite and on demand issues.

Reactions: I WANT MORE
Why are there posts regarding satellite receivers in this Directv Now thread? I am interested in what might be coming next for Directv Now, not trouble shooting satellite and on demand issues.
Because a poster asked about an issue they were having and instead of ignoring it and telling him to go elsewhere, some of us tried to help him.

Things like this happen when the original questions have been answered.

It always seems to be "hit or miss" for me trying to force updates ... was shown the way I described and seemed to have better success with it.
Whatever works for ya ...

I usually wait for the screen to come back on, wait 1-2 seconds and start the code .... works 99% of the time .... that said, different models may take a little different to get it to go.

Reactions: DTV-Tech
I think that was the idea from day 1, weather that can or will ever happen, I don't know.
Do you think that means just internet streaming? Or combo of internet streaming and DTV using managed IPTV instead of UVerseTV using managed IPTV?

Do you think that means just internet streaming? Or combo of internet streaming and DTV using managed IPTV instead of UVerseTV using managed IPTV?
I think they want to do them all, but I don't see it happening .... at least I hope not.

I think they want to do them all, but I don't see it happening .... at least I hope not.
If you don't see them wanting to do it all do you think they just want to do internet streaming and that's it? I wonder if that way would be cool? Imagine if we could get the same DTV experience using SatelliteTV using internet streaming instead? Only one bad thing about that is what happens when the internet or the gateway goes down? However AT&T internet so far has been reliable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts