Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
I am a current subscriber for NFL ST+ SF and got a good deal 4 payments of 69.99$ for ST+SF.
The thing is, will I be able to get the same deal next year when they automatically renew my subscription or even a better deal?

Guess we are all in a wait and see mode on the NFL ST/SF now that all the new DirecTV birds should be up by next season. There had been some thinking that it might go all MPEG4 or that the SF add-on would go away, but who knows. We should start to hear around June-ish. If it stays status quo, then current subs will get the best renew rate, but not a promo rate.

Guess we are all in a wait and see mode on the NFL ST/SF now that all the new DirecTV birds should be up by next season. There had been some thinking that it might go all MPEG4 or that the SF add-on would go away, but who knows. We should start to hear around June-ish. If it stays status quo, then current subs will get the best renew rate, but not a promo rate.

I see, but I don't really see SF really going away because I believe they are making a lot of money out of it.
Thats just me.
When you mean renew rate you mean the best price* for current subs am I correct?
Since I got it on a promo rate, should I just cancel NFL ST+SF after the season is over and then re-sign up so I get a better rate when next season NFLST starts up?

Not going away entirely but simply merging into the NFL package; just becoming an all-inclusive, on deal NFL ST..

Not going away entirely but simply merging into the NFL package; just becoming an all-inclusive, on deal NFL ST..

Hopefully It will be cheaper and hopefully we will have all the games broadcasted in HD. :)
My Patriots game are always broadcasted in HD so I don't mind, but it be a big bonus for other teams that don't get that luxury.

Equal maybe, cheaper I doubt. And at least we do get everything in HD that is broadcast in HD; The networks need to make 100% sure to broadcast all games in HD my next pre-season.

HELLO CBS; do you here this!

Equal maybe, cheaper I doubt. And at least we do get everything in HD that is broadcast in HD; The networks need to make 100% sure to broadcast all games in HD my next pre-season.

HELLO CBS; do you here this!

Your right, all the games are broadcasted in HD, when I usually go to the listing I usually see about 8 games in HD and not the rest, but then I forgot to realize some of the games are on the same channels and they don't all play at 1pm ET LOL.

game_top_left.gif

[FONT=&quot]Teams Playing at 1 PM (ET)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ch.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HD Ch.[/FONT]
game_top_right.gif

border_left.gif

spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]New York Giants at Buffalo Bills[/FONT]
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]704[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]719[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears[/FONT]
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]705[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]720[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]Philadelphia Eagles at New Orleans Saints[/FONT]
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]706[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]724[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]Oakland Raiders at Jacksonville Jaguars[/FONT]
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]707[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]723[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]Cleveland Browns at Cincinnati Bengals[/FONT]
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]708[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]721[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]Kansas City Chiefs at Detroit Lions[/FONT]
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]709[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts[/FONT]
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]710[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]722[/FONT]​
border_right.gif

game_top_left.gif

[FONT=&quot]Teams Playing at 4 PM (ET)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ch.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HD Ch.[/FONT]
game_top_right.gif

border_left.gif

spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]Tampa Bay Buccaneers at San Francisco 49ers[/FONT]
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]711[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]720[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]Atlanta Falcons at Arizona Cardinals[/FONT]
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]712[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]719[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]Miami Dolphins at New England Patriots[/FONT]
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]713[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]725[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]Baltimore Ravens at Seattle Seahawks[/FONT]
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]714[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]New York Jets at Tennessee Titans[/FONT]
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]715[/FONT]​
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]721[/FONT]​
border_right.gif

I'm OK with the PQ but I hope they can hold the price. ST sub since 2004. I'm sure there are others that remember a much lower price for ST. At the beginning of this season I had to call to get them to refund/credit me the SF deal. I hope they will still offer that.

I don't see SF going away.. or if it does then ST will see a significant price increase. Don't forget that aside from HD service, SF gives you Red Zone (which I happen to LOVE.. as it is the greatest thing for NFL fans with ADHD), Game Mix, highlight shows, and also the online viewing (another thing I'm a huge fan of.)

I just hope they don't include HD service for free in the ST and then charge SF the same price. Without HD service being SF Exclusive then the SF should cost NO more than $75.

I see, but I don't really see SF really going away because I believe they are making a lot of money out of it.
Thats just me.
When you mean renew rate you mean the best price* for current subs am I correct?
Since I got it on a promo rate, should I just cancel NFL ST+SF after the season is over and then re-sign up so I get a better rate when next season NFLST starts up?

If you cancel and then re-sign up you will not get a promo rate.

robert mercer at directv told us in august that all games next season would be broadcast in mpeg4.

Then they better get the MPEG4 much more reliable than it is currently.
I have had all kinds of break up on MPEG4 ONLY channels in the last week.
Its happening on both rec's so it's not the rec. or the lines. D* is coming out Monday, I hope it does it when they are here, it's a very intermittent situation.
MPEG2 channels are fine and OTA are good as well.

Jimbo

I think there must be some per user issues as my MPEG4 and most of the people I know that have it; do not experience MPEG4 problems.

I have a question. Do the ST games replay throughout the week? We are having D* re-installed tomorrow and we are considering ST for next season especially since our local CBS affiliate, who carries most of the Colts Games, still does not Broadcast in HD. Reason I ask is that we also have Season tickets to the colts games so if they don't replay it is probably pointless for me to subscribe to it.

Thanks,

I have a question. Do the ST games replay throughout the week? We are having D* re-installed tomorrow and we are considering ST for next season especially since our local CBS affiliate, who carries most of the Colts Games, still does not Broadcast in HD. Reason I ask is that we also have Season tickets to the colts games so if they don't replay it is probably pointless for me to subscribe to it.

Thanks,

There is no Replay on the games, NFL Network offers replay games but not the specific games.
If you have an HD-DVR you can record the games and watch it over and over again whenever you want.

There is no Replay on the games, NFL Network offers replay games but not the specific games.
If you have an HD-DVR you can record the games and watch it over and over again whenever you want.

Yes, I am getting the DVR installed tomorrow with the system. That will probably be my best option.

also directv superfan shows like about a 25 minute version with each play of every game monday and tuesday.

Anyone ever look at the "Showcase" stuff that D* downloads for us, I think there are weekly NFL Highlights on it as well.

Jimbo

nfl network does show a 90 minute replay of the top 6 games (i believe) in hd each week. its a pretty comprehensive replay.

i'm not having pq issues.....hmm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts