next set of HD locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mike_augie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
S.W. Okla
Anyone know after the next 24 are up are they going right into the next or will it be next year??and if not about what month will they add the next set and any info on how many will be in the next set. I am in OKC and we are 43 on the list so was just wondering any info would be app. thanks for the help

mike_augie said:
Anyone know after the next 24 are up are they going right into the next or will it be next year??and if not about what month will they add the next set and any info on how many will be in the next set. I am in OKC and we are 43 on the list so was just wondering any info would be app. thanks for the help

One post above yours on the sticky; this should be in the same thread please. You should be looking at late fall of 2006 at least.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=57386

sorry

well sorry, but i read all the listings on the post and did not see anything on the list of citys that might be next and did not see anything about the end of 06 but thanks and sorry agian

mike_augie said:
well sorry, but i read all the listings on the post and did not see anything on the list of citys that might be next and did not see anything about the end of 06 but thanks and sorry agian
You don't have to be sorry...the thread above only mentions the first set of 24 HD cities. Like you, I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement for the second set of 24 HD cities. Maybe the new Slimline dish will be ready by then! :)

the list in the sticky is the second round of HD locals.. The first was only 15 citys.. From what I have read the next round will not be until 2007, since my dma is #71 I hope this is wrong, but not holding my breath..

bigbw:

There's going to be an additional round in 2006. You're still not going to make it in 06. DMAs over 64 will almost undoubtedly be in 2007.

bigbw said:
the list in the sticky is the second round of HD locals.. The first was only 15 citys.. From what I have read the next round will not be until 2007, since my dma is #71 I hope this is wrong, but not holding my breath..
Well, it could be read as "1st set of 15, 1st set of 24, 2nd set of 24", or "1st set, 2nd set, 3rd set", etc. Anyway, I'm interested in the next "set of" announcement. :)

yes

Well I guess I can see that now and yes that is what I meant is the next set of realeases.....i guess it could be called the 4th set....lol....as long as it has number 42 Oklahoma City in it we could call it anything...lol..

Hogarth said:
bigbw:

There's going to be an additional round in 2006. You're still not going to make it in 06. DMAs over 64 will almost undoubtedly be in 2007.

Not necessarily. I talked to the Fox affiliate here in Tallahassee and D* is almost TOTALLY promising them that they will get Tallahassee up lil HD by the end of the summer. True? I don't know, but I have no reason for them lie to me. They are the one local that is willing to give me a waiver.

That would be a very aggressive rollout schedule, since Tallahassee is DMA# 109! :bounce

I would have thought so as well had not the D* people been in town a couple of weeks ago talking to the stations and doing prep work. I've got a friend that works for the ABC station and he confirmed this. I don't think that they would be bothering this early if it weren't the truth.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts