NextWave Navigator NCC500 Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Moseley
You wouldnt happen to be using a Universal LNB, would you?

11900-11749=151
10750 (LO for standard LNB) - 10600 (LO for Universal) equals 150

If you are using the Universal then your numbers will be off. :)

I had the same issue and on non SBS6 satellites, I coudlnt get above TP 18 because
12080+150=12230 which is above the end of KU (12200). I went to standard LNB and everything was fine :)

Why, yes thank you for asking. That simple. huh? I can live with it. I just have to learn to point it.

I'm okay with the sparkles/somewhat snowy picture. I mean, to me, it's not worth nudging my dish with the DVB receiver to get a possibly better picture on the analog feed.

Why, yes thank you for asking. That simple. huh? I can live with it. I just have to learn to point it.

I have rethought my comment....Ice do you mean some of my missing upper transponders that are non-analog are lost due to having a universal lnb? like I have never got 12180 on AMC3.

I have rethought my comment....Ice do you mean some of my missing upper transponders that are non-analog are lost due to having a universal lnb? like I have never got 12180 on AMC3.

yep :)

since the Universal is 150mhz lower than a standard the frequencies are off. Some units you can change that frequency but once you get to 12200 thats as high as you can go.

When I had a universal LNB set up, my analog I went through and made each TP 150 higher so 11900 was 12050 and I didnt care about the frequency. (the channels just matched up)..But when I got to TP19 (12080) my Toshiba went to 12200 and then back to 11720 so I couldnt get TP 19-24

yep :)

since the Universal is 150mhz lower than a standard the frequencies are off. Some units you can change that frequency but once you get to 12200 thats as high as you can go.

When I had a universal LNB set up, my analog I went through and made each TP 150 higher so 11900 was 12050 and I didnt care about the frequency. (the channels just matched up)..But when I got to TP19 (12080) my Toshiba went to 12200 and then back to 11720 so I couldnt get TP 19-24

Even the non-analogs?

Then I have a Universal problem.

Iceberg thank you for pointing that out, I won't switch out my universal for a standard, unless an Invacom quad came my way.

Learn something everyday.

i have read thru 2 treads on this box. but no one ever said it can run and remember motor /Actuator settings.
anyone still have one or remember ?
thanks for reading

i have read thru 2 treads on this box. but no one ever said it can run and remember motor /Actuator settings.
thanks for reading

It has a badly out dated satellite list but like almost all c-band receivers you set a certain actuator count to a satellite position.

I can't remember if mine is still connected to the TV but if it is I'll fire it up tonight for fun.

thanks for reading

they are still on EBay here and there is no actuator/skew settings on it

just a/v cables and coax in for satellite. SO it must work off a LNBF

edit: I do see skew option but for the actuator it is blocked off. Click on the 2nd pic and blow up the pic

edit2: looks like they will accept cheaper offers.....from what I read ;)

Last edited:
What I do is 1. Make sure the unit is off, to hold the PGM button until the unit turns on, press channel down until you get REALIGN DISH, and press DISP.

Then I found the satellites I want and wrote the positions in a book.

now i am confused

What I do is 1. Make sure the unit is off, to hold the PGM button until the unit turns on, press channel down until you get REALIGN DISH, and press DISP.

Then I found the satellites I want and wrote the positions in a book.

now i am confused,
so it does not remember ?
you have to have counts and manually move it ?
or can you store like g-1 g-4 etc ? and pick one off the screen.
thanks alot

According to the manual the settings can be saved. I just don't trust equipment that old to store things correctly.

Doing it my way, I will never have to worry if the battery dies.

dish mover

It has a badly out dated satellite list but like almost all c-band receivers you set a certain actuator count to a satellite position.

I can't remember if mine is still connected to the TV but if it is I'll fire it up tonight for fun.

hi Shawn
so you got your's to remember sat settings ?
as i'm going to need a box having collected more dishes that boxes lol.
and since the guy had one of those little dish movers catch on fire i don't want one of those.

thanks for reading

The one thing I do like about this receiver is it will control a LNBF. The Toshiba wont. If I hook the cable from G16 directly to the Toshiba, I only get Horizontal (odd) polarities.

This receiver I can get both with no extra "help" (ie: another receiver)

Here I thought I got a great deal last night at $28 and free shipping. :) I should have tried a lower amount. :( However, $28 is still a great deal for this receiver considering that it is brand new.

If you dont have a motorized C-Band dish (or in my case ghetto moved) this is a cheaper option than a 922

I had a 905 which works like a 922 but cant move a dish and no analog. I use this receiver for the analog feeds on G16 C-Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts