NextWave Navigator NCC500 Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

satcustomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
California
Was also looking at the referenced receiver to use with my existing FTA receiver (Fortec Mercury II) and had some questions:

1. The NextWave Navigator NCC500 is an analog receiver and will indeed work with my Ku-Band system to pick up Ku-Band analog feeds?

2. It can be slaved using the Loop Out on my Fortec Mercury II into the (guessing) LNB/LNBF IN input on the NextWave?

3. Is the NextWave a good receiver? Any feedback?

Thanks.

1. if it is an analog reciever, then yes it vcan be used to get analog feeds
2. yes. The analog will only get the same polarity as the Fortec is on
3. honestly I've never heard of it. Most analog recievers are about the same in its limited use (for analog feeds being slaved)

3. honestly I've never heard of it. Most analog recievers are about the same in its limited use (for analog feeds being slaved)

Just entered a "best offer on ebay" 18$ was accepted in no time flat. Lets see how it works. there are 22 left. If anyone else trys...go lower...but don't tell me about it.

Wow - they even look like the newer DVB receivers. Besides looking good, they are new in the box. I bet my Coolsat would look right at home sitting on top of one of those.

I may just buy one of these to steer my 'now stationary' big dish around.

You can't hardly buy a stand alone positioner for that cheap.

I may just buy one of these to steer my 'now stationary' big dish around.

You can't hardly buy a stand alone positioner for that cheap.

Stop !! make sure you can steer a BUD with this receiver.

Mosely Quote :
Just entered a "best offer on ebay" 18$ was accepted in no time flat. Lets see how it works. there are 22 left. If anyone else trys...go lower...but don't tell me about it

I think you did fine at $18 , I bought my TRX-2220 from the same seller @ $90 Best Offer, LOOK ** he also has another reciever C/Ku Legacy (will power BUD) and a Best offer of $25 should work.

Sounds like he's a liquidator, his items are brand new in box.
Most people want a 4DTV receiver, these are nice for the minimal investment, especially to play with Analog.

I bought my TRX-2220 from the same seller @ $90 Best Offer

It's a fancy unit which allows programming movement of motor , set a date and time along with your VCR or DVD Recorder, great when you're away and you want to record programs from several birds.

Other than that and the Toshiba nameplate, I bet that Legacy is just as nice.

Stop !! make sure you can steer a BUD with this receiver.

Sounds like he's a liquidator, his items are brand new in box.
Most people want a 4DTV receiver, these are nice for the minimal investment, especially to play with Analog.
Looking at the back panel, on the right there looks to be a cover not un-like what the 4DTV has. Right above it I believe it says 'antenna'. Looks like actuator controls to me ;).

I won't argue that 4DTV rocks, but since I'm concentrating on FTA and have commited (Tivo Series 3) to cable for High Definition I sold my DSR-922 while it was still valuable.

Attachments

• back.JPG
    back.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 389
Looking at the back panel, on the right there looks to be a cover not un-like what the 4DTV has. Right above it I believe it says 'antenna'. Looks like actuator controls to me ;).

I see what you are saying , but looking at specs there is no mention of power consumption for moving BUD, it does however state that it will switch polarity on Lnbf. I did a search went to different sites and nowhere does it mention that it will move a BUD, and that's a selling point.

Ask the Seller if it will move a BUD, afterall there's nothing to lose if you are considering this receiver, and dont forget he has the Legacy C/Ku Analog receiver which has sold for $25 best offer in the past.

checking another site it does control an actuator
http://www.primefocus.com/products/NCC500.html

CONNECTORS
IF input Type F
TV output Type F
antenna input Type F
video output type RCA
audio output type RCA
baseband output type RCA
polarizer output/
external switch mechanical level type, 4 pole
actuator output mechanical type, 4 pole,
spade terminal

external UHF input type 1/8'' stereo jack
serial interface type modular jack
IPPV Type RCA
utility data type RCA

If I didn't already have one, I'd make an offer. I can't imagine not having mine. I wouldn't recommend this receiver to a beginner, but I love it. It has it's quirks, not to mention, "No Blind Scan"! It's more than worth it to me. Good Luck on your bid jayelem...

Al

You guys were not suppose to say if you got it cheaper than me!!

Mine came in the mail today. I hope to have time to try it out tonight.

hahah sorry! how long did it take him to ship it? should I expect it this week?

Seems that they have to set a minimum offer that will be accepted, as I tried $15 for the US Legacy boxes he also has for sale and it came right up as declined. So, if it doesn't do that, I'm guessing you will get later notification that it was accepted. I tried $15, $16, $17 and they all were auto declined. Then it says I can't make anymore offers on that item. So then I tried $5 for another Nextwave, that auto declined, but $10 went through and said my offer would be considered. So his minimum might be $10 or it might be something between $5 and $10.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)