NFL 2008-09 Season

You can thank Toledo for Rob !
He was the OC for the Rockets when they were a very good and occasional top 20 team.

jimbo

You sure you got the same guy? I was under the impression he worked for the University of Miami before coming to the NFL. Chud is a native of Toledo though....

Here's his coaching bio:

1994-95: University of Miami (graduate assistant)
1996-2000: University of Miami (tight ends coach)
2001-2003: University of Miami (offensive coordinator/tight ends)
2004: Cleveland Browns (tight ends coach)
2005-2006: San Diego Chargers (tight ends coach)
2007-Present: Cleveland Browns (offensive coordinator)

TB QB: Jeff Garcia Carted off Field During Practice!

Well, if this doesn't speed up the Favre to Tampa Bay rumors, I don't know what will....

Tampa Bay Bucs quarterback Jeff Garcia hurt during practice -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jeff Garcia went down injured in practice this morning at Disney's Wide World of Sports.

Garcia strained his right calf while doing non-contact drills. He was carted off the field for observations.

"Hope it's nothing serious," coach Jon Gruden said. "We just need more information to see the extent. It's never good when the quarterback goes down."

More details later.

Well, if this doesn't speed up the Favre to Tampa Bay rumors, I don't know what will....

Tampa Bay Bucs quarterback Jeff Garcia hurt during practice -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jeff Garcia went down injured in practice this morning at Disney's Wide World of Sports.

Garcia strained his right calf while doing non-contact drills. He was carted off the field for observations.

"Hope it's nothing serious," coach Jon Gruden said. "We just need more information to see the extent. It's never good when the quarterback goes down."

More details later.

Did Jake Plummer stay retired? And if not, do the Bucs still have the rights to him?

I'm pretty sure Plummer is not coming back. Just recently, he was ordered to forfeit a signing bonus.

The Bucs still have Luke McCown, Brian Griese and Chris Simms on their roster.

HDMM,

Thanks. So Bruce Gradkowski is also gone? Geez, the Bucs sure do go through a lot of QB's. :eek:

HDMM,

Thanks. So Bruce Gradkowski is also gone? Geez, the Bucs sure do go through a lot of QB's. :eek:

Gradkowski's with the Rams this year.

And you're right about TB and QB's. Speaking of which, did you hear Jeff Garcia's recent commentary on Grudden and QB's?

Basically, Garcia said Grudden is a whore for QB's. He "loves them" and leaves them. He also says that Grudden refuses to fall in love with and "marry" just one QB.

And you're right about TB and QB's. Speaking of which, did you hear Jeff Garcia's recent commentary on Grudden and QB's?

Basically, Garcia said Grudden is a whore for QB's. He "loves them" and leaves them. He also says that Grudden refuses to fall in love with and "marry" just one QB.

LMAO, that's good stuff. Sounds like Jeff is jealous. So does this mean those ahemmm rumors about Jeff are true? :D

Last edited:
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL, in your opinion?

My choice is Brian Westbrook- he's good, don't get me wrong, but the media hypes him up like he's supposed to be Adrian Peterson.

My choice is Brian Westbrook- he's good, don't get me wrong, but the media hypes him up like he's supposed to be Adrian Peterson.

Huh?! I've never heard the media hype Westbrook up like you suggest! I actually think Westbrook is "under-rated" if anything.

As for Overrated, I'd like to nominate either Vince Young, Tony Romo or Brady Quinn (the most popular backup QB ever).

I nominate Jeremy Shockey. The attention he gets vs. what he has accomplished is mind boggling. Plus, the Giants went on their Super Bowl run after he got injured.

You sure you got the same guy? I was under the impression he worked for the University of Miami before coming to the NFL. Chud is a native of Toledo though....

Here's his coaching bio:

1994-95: University of Miami (graduate assistant)
1996-2000: University of Miami (tight ends coach)
2001-2003: University of Miami (offensive coordinator/tight ends)
2004: Cleveland Browns (tight ends coach)
2005-2006: San Diego Chargers (tight ends coach)
2007-Present: Cleveland Browns (offensive coordinator)

I believe he left Toledo for Miami :)

Jimbo

I had not heard about this, I'm glad he's moved on, didn't look like Tampa was a place fro a QB to get his start, seeing they play QB Roulette every week or two.

So Bruce is with the Ram's, is he 2nd behind Bulger or is there more on thier roster as well.
edit: I see that still have Trent Green there as well.

Jimbo

Boy , you sure put A Peterson on a pedistal aweful quick ....

I think I would give the guy a few years in the league before we make him out to be going to Canton.

Once teams get a feel for what he does, they will shut him down just like most other guys.

Personally, I think Westbrook is much better than your giving him credit for.

Jimbo

As for Overrated, I'd like to nominate either Vince Young, Tony Romo or Brady Quinn (the most popular backup QB ever).

I would not say Vince Young is over rated, don't you have to be RATED before you can be OVER RATED ?

I think Vince is an average QB so far, nothing more.
Romo and Quinn get a lot more pub than they deserve, at least Romo plays...
I do like Romo, just can't stand the Boy's.

Jimbo

BillD1984, you're a man after my heart (don't take that wrong:)).

You have my all-time fave QB on your new avatar.

Good choice Brainfry, Grogan was the man!! Just curious, did you ever live in New England or did you just like Grogan?

Salsa,
can't argue with you there. In fact I question if Charlie has what it takes to be a good HC, or maybe he's just not fit for the college game. Either way he's a great coordinator. Romeo, OTOH, has what it takes to be a winner as an NFL Head Coach, IMO.

There are some coaches that just don't have IT to be Head Coaches. A couple of former coaches to to mind, Art Shell and Norv Turner.

Good choice Brainfry, Grogan was the man!! Just curious, did you ever live in New England or did you just like Grogan?

I have never lived in NE, but I've been a Patriots fan since I was a kid, and at that time Grogan was their QB. Something about that guy..... he didn't have the best stats in the world, but he threw one of the best long balls I've ever seen and he always knew when to run. He was injured often, but Joe Klecko (who Anthony Munoz said was the best DL he ever played against) once said that Grogan was the toughest QB he ever played against. He always called his own plays, and continued to do so on the sidelines late in his career when he became a backup. I've always wanted to meet him... I've got a serious man-crush on the guy. :up

Another reason I liked the Patriots was because I couldn't stand the Colts and Bert Jones. My disdain for the Colts is still there today, but more because of geographical reasons than the current rivalry.

That said, I can't stand any of the other Boston teams (and the Bengals are my #1 in the NFL). I think for a lot of years it became sympathy for the "red-headed stepchild." Of course, it's not like that now. I have to explain to people here that I've liked the Patriots for over 30 years, and I didn't just jump on the bandwagon.

Greatest Team in Your Lifetime

What we love about sports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)