NFL 2008-09 Season

For the last few years, a significant single-season NFL record has been broken:

2003- Priest Holmes set the rushing touchdowns record

2004- Peyton Manning broke Marino's TD Pass record

2005- Shaun Alexander set a new rushing tpuchdowns record

2006- L.T. set the new rushing touchdowns record

2007- Brady and Moss broke the passing and recieving touchdown records

This year, which single-season record do YOU predict will be broken?

True. The ironic thing though, is that being a former Defensive Coordinator/Guru at New England, we've never had a dominant defense during his tenure here in Cleveland. In fact just last year the complete opposite happened. Our offense flourished, while our defense stunk.

Hopefully, with the few key additions to the D-Line this year, Romeo and company will have more to work with on Defense this year.

You're right. It's similar to offensive gurus Brian Billick and Jon Gruden winning Super Bowls with strong defensive teams.

The fact remains the Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl since both Romeo and Charlie Weis left. Romeo had as much to do with those three SB titles as anyone.

" Romeo, Romeo, where art thou Romeo." :D

Very true....but to me, Charlie "have a nother dougnut" Weis has done THING at Notre Dame. In fact, if I am not mistaken, the ONLY winning seasons he had a Notre Dame was his 1st 2 years WITH Ty's players. After that class left/graduated......with the pick of the litter when it comes to recruits, he has done nothing.

Very true....but to me, Charlie "have a nother dougnut" Weis has done THING at Notre Dame. In fact, if I am not mistaken, the ONLY winning seasons he had a Notre Dame was his 1st 2 years WITH Ty's players. After that class left/graduated......with the pick of the litter when it comes to recruits, he has done nothing.

Salsa,
can't argue with you there. In fact I question if Charlie has what it takes to be a good HC, or maybe he's just not fit for the college game. Either way he's a great coordinator. Romeo, OTOH, has what it takes to be a winner as an NFL Head Coach, IMO.

For the last few years, a significant single-season NFL record has been broken:

2003- Priest Holmes set the rushing touchdowns record

2004- Peyton Manning broke Marino's TD Pass record

2005- Shaun Alexander set a new rushing tpuchdowns record

2006- L.T. set the new rushing touchdowns record

2007- Brady and Moss broke the passing and recieving touchdown records

This year, which single-season record do YOU predict will be broken?

I think Adrian Peterson has a chance at breaking Eric Dickerson's single season rushing record of 2,105 in 1984.

Pro Bowler Hampton put on PUP list - NFL - SI.com

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Pro Bowl nose tackle Casey Hampton, aka "Big Snack" was placed on the physically unable to perform list Sunday after reporting to training camp overweight and failing to complete the Pittsburgh Steelers' annual run test.

Hampton, listed at 325 pounds but apparently much heavier, lagged 30 yards behind defensive end Brett Keisel during one of eight 100-yard sprints. Hampton completed only five.

"He's overweight and he's not conditioned enough to participate at this point," coach Mike Tomlin said.

Hampton won't be allowed to practice in this camp until he drops weight, and Tomlin suggested that will take more than a few days.

I saw this ..... Guess what HE gets to do in camp ......

jimbo

True. The ironic thing though, is that being a former Defensive Coordinator/Guru at New England, we've never had a dominant defense during his tenure here in Cleveland. In fact just last year the complete opposite happened. Our offense flourished, while our defense stunk.

Hopefully, with the few key additions to the D-Line this year, Romeo and company will have more to work with on Defense this year.

It's all about players...
They players make the coaches look good... not disminishing the coaches, just pointing out that if you have the PLAYERS, the team will do well, players make the coaches look like geniuses, thats how they get the title of genuis after all.

Look how well Pats coach did in Cleveland, now he's a genius, because he has the players now.

Jimbo

Salsa,
can't argue with you there. In fact I question if Charlie has what it takes to be a good HC, or maybe he's just not fit for the college game. Either way he's a great coordinator. Romeo, OTOH, has what it takes to be a winner as an NFL Head Coach, IMO.

Maybe hes not a good recruiter ?

It's all about players...
They players make the coaches look good... not disminishing the coaches, just pointing out that if you have the PLAYERS, the team will do well, players make the coaches look like geniuses, thats how they get the title of genuis after all.

Look how well Pats coach did in Cleveland, now he's a genius, because he has the players now.

Jimbo

I agree. The first few years Romeo was in Cleveland, everyone was calling for his head. Personally, I don't consider him to be a great coach. Some of the decisions he is in charge of making, I do question sometimes. But the fact of the matter is that he's a "players coach". His guys like playing for him and they do respect him. That in my book is VERY important in achieving good chemistry and effort out of your players.

If I would have to attribute the new found success of the Browns to any one person though, it would have to be Phil Savage. When he was named GM of the Browns in 2005, he inherited an awful team. Through drafts and free agency, he's made this team competitve in a short time. He also hired new offensive coordinator, Rob Chudzinski after Romeo's guy, Maurice Carthon didn't work out.

The installment of Chudzinski turned the team from a 4-12 record into a 10-6 record. Chud finally brought in an offensive scheme and plays that complimented the talent on field. Before his hiring, that was a forein cocept. The offense is now exciting again and they are finally putting up points. Chud has done an excellent job with this offense. If the Browns have the same offensive success this year as they did in '07, I expect Chud to be a highly sought after candidate for Head Coach somewhere around the league.

1,848 Jerry Rice, San Francisco, 1995

And for the record, no way Chadwick breaks that record this year.

Yeah I was just kidding of course. With T.J. on the team there is now way either one comes close to the record.

True. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Housh got more yards than CJ this year.

He had more catches last year but not more yards.

He did have more TD's than the showman too.

Fire CJ if he has another crappy season!
He is too much drama to deal with.

I agree. The first few years Romeo was in Cleveland, everyone was calling for his head. Personally, I don't consider him to be a great coach. Some of the decisions he is in charge of making, I do question sometimes. But the fact of the matter is that he's a "players coach". His guys like playing for him and they do respect him. That in my book is VERY important in achieving good chemistry and effort out of your players.

If I would have to attribute the new found success of the Browns to any one person though, it would have to be Phil Savage. When he was named GM of the Browns in 2005, he inherited an awful team. Through drafts and free agency, he's made this team competitve in a short time. He also hired new offensive coordinator, Rob Chudzinski after Romeo's guy, Maurice Carthon didn't work out.

The installment of Chudzinski turned the team from a 4-12 record into a 10-6 record. Chud finally brought in an offensive scheme and plays that complimented the talent on field. Before his hiring, that was a forein cocept. The offense is now exciting again and they are finally putting up points. Chud has done an excellent job with this offense. If the Browns have the same offensive success this year as they did in '07, I expect Chud to be a highly sought after candidate for Head Coach somewhere around the league.

You can thank Toledo for Rob !
He was the OC for the Rockets when they were a very good and occasional top 20 team.

jimbo