NFL 2008-09 Season

What? No Lions made the list?! Paul's gonna have a field day with this one.....

I'm dumbfounded. I understand that we didn't have anybody of significant enough talent (Calvin Johnson is the exception) to under-achieve, but to ignore what the coaching staff and Millen did is nothing short of amazing. I'll bet this writer was one of the NFL "experts" who predicted the Lions would make the playoffs to boot. How can you possibly ignore what the Lie-ons achieved this season? This was as remarkable an achievement as NE's 16-0. It takes a lot of damn hard work being this bad, and they're not even done yet. The saga will continue with a new coach and 5 brand new shiny draft flops this next season.

For those of you that read Sports Illustrated, be sure to read Mitch Albom's piece on Detroit. Couldn't have changed a word of what he wrote. Hit's the feeling, mood and reality of Detroit right on the money. Highly recommended reading. Let me know what you think.

For those of you that read Sports Illustrated, be sure to read Mitch Albom's piece on Detroit. Couldn't have changed a word of what he wrote. Hit's the feeling, mood and reality of Detroit right on the money. Highly recommended reading. Let me know what you think.

This article was reprinted in the Detroit Free Press today. (Freep.com)

Again, highly recommended reading.

Chiefs | Schwartz expected to be a top candidate if Edwards fired
Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:42:01 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Tennessee Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz is expected to be a leading candidate for the Kansas City Chiefs head coaching position if Herman Edwards is fired.

Pioli seen cleaning out his office, expected to join the Chiefs. Herm expected to be let go and sources have Spagnuolo already seen in KC.

And to think the Lions had a GM already in place even before Peoli came available, but they knew he would be and STILL went ahead and promoted someone that had ALREADY been on staff....

Lie-ons will go NOWHERE till Ford moves on , they just keep moving people that DON'T belong in these positions.

The Lions had as good a chance as anyone to get a REAL good GM and decided it was not necessary ...
He chose the KC Chefs of all teams, so Detroit HAD to have a chance.

Jimbo

And to think the Lions had a GM already in place even before Peoli came available, but they knew he would be and STILL went ahead and promoted someone that had ALREADY been on staff....

Lie-ons will go NOWHERE till Ford moves on , they just keep moving people that DON'T belong in these positions.

The Lions had as good a chance as anyone to get a REAL good GM and decided it was not necessary ...

Jimbo

At least the Lions have a GM. The Bengals owner refuses to hire one. :mad:

Jimbo

When they fired Millen, they promised an exhausting search to find a upper management. Well they lied. Instead we get the Millen-error, act two. BTW, if they pass on Shwartz, they will be making a BIG mistake.

Jimbo

Pioli has connections to the KC area, grew up or has family nearby or something, wasnt too surprising, but sure is exciting ;)

Edit: Herm firing expected as early as today, with prospects including Spagnuolo, Schwartz, and Ferentz from Iowa.

Last edited:
When they fired Millen, they promised an exhausting search to find a upper management. Well they lied. Instead we get the Millen-error, act two. BTW, if they pass on Shwartz, they will be making a BIG mistake.

Schwartz isn't the answer, either. Lions need a young energetic offense mind. But that would make sense. How do you promote the assistant to the worst GM in the history of organized sports.

If I see either John "I suck" Kitna or Dan "I suck more" Orlovsky take the snap in the opening game this year, I will take every piece of Lions gear I own, go outside and incinerate it. Than I will go see a priest and ask him to preform a exorcism on me and my son to remove our Lions fandom.

Am I a bad parent because I raised my son a Lions fan?

Bradford not coming out for the draft.

Also talk that the Chiefs might just keep Herm for another year because of the job he's done so far. The team is super young, and lost several games by less than a touchdown. With 1 year on his contract it's possible Pioli may let it ride in what will probably be a very weak division again.

Next year it's possible Holmgren, Cowher, Shanahan will all be looking for a job, will make for a crazy offseason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)