NFL 2008-09 Season

Over/under win totals from Vegas were in one of the regional newspapers (south of Boston) today.

Miami and Atlanta are both at o/u 5 wins and Kansas City is at o/u 5.5 wins. New England is at the top with o/u 12.5 while Indy is next at o/u 11.5.

I'm not much of a gambler, but if I was I might put a song on Atlanta- under 5 wins. I think the Falcons are gonna be awful.

I gave my thoughts on the NBC Sunday schedule.

Now, I'll give my thoughts on the Monday Night Football schedule for 2008:

Vikings/Packers- This seems like a passing of the torch- Favre's jersey is retired, while Adrian Peterson moves Minnesota towards the future

Broncos/Raiders: Mr. McFadden, welcome to the NFL. Let's see if you're worth all the hype.

Eagles/Cowboys: Good early game- McNabb/Romo, big rivalry, etc. Good slot for a game of great significance

Jets/Chargers: Over/Under- 30 point margin of victory. Also, I'm setting the over/under on L.T.'s rushing yards at 210

Ravens/Steelers: Last year's rout will look like an instant classic compared to this year- this will be VERY lopsided.

Vikings/Saints: Adrian Peterson vs. Reggie Bush will garner all the hype and interest, but it comes down to the QB matchup: Tavares Jackson and Drew Brees- clearly a no contest.

Giants/Browns: The classic offense-vs-defense showdown. I don't think the Giants will have that same magic. Also, the last time they played a Monday night road game, they were fortunate to play a putrid Atlanta team. This year... good luck.

Broncos/Patriots: This could get ugly. Denver's window of opportunity is closing, IMO.

Colts/Titans: Classic football matchup- Marquee QB battle (Peyton Manning-Vince Young), good defensive players (Dwight Freeney/Albert Haynesworth), and tough running backs (Joseph Addai-Lendale White).

Steelers/Redskins: I don't think Washington will be any good, but this might be a trap game for the Steelers.

49ers/Cardinals: Arizona shows the nation that they are no longer a joke, while the 49ers will still stink.

Browns/Bills: Last time these teams played, it was a Snow Bowl. Will we have Snow Bowl II- the sequel?

Packers/Saints: Ryan Grant and Reggie Bush will dominate, but Rodgers will have to outgun the Saints if they have any hope of winning.

Jaguars/Texans: I know Jacksonville is very good, but this is a case of hell freezing over: Monday Night Football with the TEXANS?

Buccaneers/Panthers: I could not be less interested in this game. Carolina's window of opporunity is closing, and Tampa is extremely schizhophrenic- they're either a playoff contender or drafting high in April.

Browns/Eagles: Expect a TON of points in this with McNabb and Anderson. However, Westbrook alone can't beat Cleveland's offensive weapons.

Packers/Bears: Great storied rivalry, freezing weather- that may remind you of old-time football, but you can expect a very lopsided game. The Bears are not what we thought they were- they stink on ice.

Browns/Eagles: Expect a TON of points in this with McNabb and Anderson. However, Westbrook alone can't beat Cleveland's offensive weapons.
I don't see the Browns putting up much points. Eagles had a top 10 defence last year. This is the mythical year after the ACL so McNabb should be clicking for the full season.

HD MM,

Do you see a snowy sequel for the Bills/Browns game?

Will it be the winter wonderland of last year?

Eh, highly unlikely since that game is fairly early in November 17th. But you just never know. One thing that I dislike about our schedule is that the Browns only have 1 home game in the last 4 weeks of our season. I'd like to see more snow games in late December at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

I gave my thoughts on the NBC Sunday schedule.

Now, I'll give my thoughts on the Monday Night Football schedule for 2008:

Vikings/Packers- This seems like a passing of the torch- Favre's jersey is retired, while Adrian Peterson moves Minnesota towards the future

Broncos/Raiders: Mr. McFadden, welcome to the NFL. Let's see if you're worth all the hype.

Eagles/Cowboys: Good early game- McNabb/Romo, big rivalry, etc. Good slot for a game of great significance

Jets/Chargers: Over/Under- 30 point margin of victory. Also, I'm setting the over/under on L.T.'s rushing yards at 210

Ravens/Steelers: Last year's rout will look like an instant classic compared to this year- this will be VERY lopsided.

Vikings/Saints: Adrian Peterson vs. Reggie Bush will garner all the hype and interest, but it comes down to the QB matchup: Tavares Jackson and Drew Brees- clearly a no contest.

Giants/Browns: The classic offense-vs-defense showdown. I don't think the Giants will have that same magic. Also, the last time they played a Monday night road game, they were fortunate to play a putrid Atlanta team. This year... good luck.

Broncos/Patriots: This could get ugly. Denver's window of opportunity is closing, IMO.

Colts/Titans: Classic football matchup- Marquee QB battle (Peyton Manning-Vince Young), good defensive players (Dwight Freeney/Albert Haynesworth), and tough running backs (Joseph Addai-Lendale White).

Steelers/Redskins: I don't think Washington will be any good, but this might be a trap game for the Steelers.

49ers/Cardinals: Arizona shows the nation that they are no longer a joke, while the 49ers will still stink.

Browns/Bills: Last time these teams played, it was a Snow Bowl. Will we have Snow Bowl II- the sequel?

Packers/Saints: Ryan Grant and Reggie Bush will dominate, but Rodgers will have to outgun the Saints if they have any hope of winning.

Jaguars/Texans: I know Jacksonville is very good, but this is a case of hell freezing over: Monday Night Football with the TEXANS?

Buccaneers/Panthers: I could not be less interested in this game. Carolina's window of opporunity is closing, and Tampa is extremely schizhophrenic- they're either a playoff contender or drafting high in April.

Packers/Bears: Great storied rivalry, freezing weather- that may remind you of old-time football, but you can expect a very lopsided game. The Bears are not what we thought they were- they stink on ice.

Will this finally be the year that Arizona takes a step into the playoffs, it seems like for the last few years, they have been eveyones "darkhorse" but have disapointed

Will this finally be the year that Arizona takes a step into the playoffs, it seems like for the last few years, they have been eveyones "darkhorse" but have disapointed

:haha I needed a good laugh for the day.

I'd like to do for the NFL what Bill and Sandra did for the NBA and NHL- Give game-by-game thoughts and previews before each game.

Bach on DBSForums, Bill would give his thoughts on each night's NBA game and Sandra did so for the NHL.

I'd like to do so for the NFL- My thoughts on the Sunday night and Monday night schedule are examples of what I'd do for each week.

Anyways all **** aside, Patriots are coming back to the Superbowl, and this time we will win it.
THIS YEARS! THIS YEAR!

Sporting News Predictions

AFC

EAST
New England 14-2
NY Jets 8-8
Buffalo 8-8
Miami 3-13

NORTH
Pittsburgh 11-5
Cincinnati 10-6
Cleveland 9-7
Baltimore 6-10

SOUTH
Indianapolis 13-3
Jacksonville 12-4
Tennessee 6-10
Houston 5-11

WEST
San Diego 14-2
Denver 9-7
Kansas City 5-11
Oakland 3-13

NFC

EAST
Dallas 13-3
NY Giants 13-3
Philadelphia 7-9
Washington 4-12 (this was before the Jason Taylor acquisition)

NORTH
Green Bay 11-5
Chicago 10-6
Minnesota 9-7
Detroit 3-13

SOUTH
New Orleans 11-5
Tampa Bay 7-9
Carolina 7-9
Atlanta 1-15 :eek::eek:

WEST
Seattle 11-5
St. Louis 7-9
Arizona 5-11
San Francisco 3-13

I agree with six out of eight division winners. I disagree with their two North predictions: I like Cleveland and Minnesota.

Teams that I think they vastly overated or underrated (by my definition at least 3 wins in either direction):

Houston-underrated (I see them as an 8 win team)
Giants-overrated (I see them as a 10 win team)
Washington-underrated (should win 7-8 games)
Detroit-underrated (they should win 6-7 games)
Arizona-underrated (I see them as an 8-9 win team)

IMO, every other team's record will be within three games (better or worse) of their predicted record. (A few teams I see winning one or two fewer games than whats predicted).

If the Dolphins go 3 - 13, Bill Parcell will quit the organization.

I lol'ed when they said the Giants would go 13 - 3.
With the team they have, they will be lucky to go 11 - 5.

Sporting News Predictions

NORTH
Pittsburgh 11-5
Cincinnati 10-6
Cleveland 9-7
Baltimore 6-10

I disagree with those predictions, especially with the AFC North's brutal schedule. 3 teams with 9 wins or more?! No way.

First off, no way in hell Cinci wins 10 with that defense. Cinci will go 7-9 instead, if they're lucky. Plus, Baltimore will be lucky to win 4 games this year.

I will go on the record to say that 9 wins will win this division this year. I envision the Browns and Steelers at 8 wins a piece going into the last game of the season in which they play each other for the 9th win and the AFC North Title.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts