NFL 2009-10 Season

If you give any credence to local talk radio, Quinn will probably never get a 2nd chance here. There's been a lot of talk about trading him before the deadline later this month. I'm not sure who would want him and what the Browns would receive in return......I'm sure it won't be a #1 pick. :(

There is alot of talk DOWN HERE that he will be traded...and that there will be ALOT more trades than usual because of the more than usual amount of bad teams this year. QBs are harder to trade at mid season and I expect that he will not be traded till the end of the year.

Skewed stats....Edwards plays like he did last night in Cleveland.....the Browns would be in better shape than they are. Like my Jokeland Faiders, they have no onw to throw the football. WITHOUT Edwards, the Jets would have NEVER had a change to win that game.

Which by the way, I know ALL coaches wanna bring in their "own guy" to be QB, but they have NOT given Brady Quinn a legit chance....IMHO;)

But that's the thing. He had games like that in Cleveland, then he had miserable games when he was unfocused and couldn't catch a pass if his life depended on it. He's wildly inconsistent. On any give night, you don't know if you'll get "good Braylon" or "bad Braylon".

Last night, NY got "good Braylon". Good for them. Talk to me in a few months after the new car smell wears off and tell me if the good is enough to off set the bad.

Just like when you kept stats on AI going to Detroit? :rolleyes: ;)

Actually I did not advertise the Nuggets and Pistons records, even though they clearly supported my points. Somebody else (was it you?) brought that thread back up at the end of the year, not me. ;)

Sandra

But that's the thing. He had games like that in Cleveland, then he had miserable games when he was unfocused and couldn't catch a pass if his life depended on it. He's wildly inconsistent. On any give night, you don't know if you'll get "good Braylon" or "bad Braylon".

Last night, NY got "good Braylon". Good for them. Talk to me in a few months after the new car smell wears off and tell me if the good is enough to off set the bad.

Sounds like you are going to be devastated if Edwards succeeds in NY. You've spun many reasons why he won't ('Stone Hands', the big city glare, now comes 'good Braylon/bad Braylon'), but perhaps msteveO is right, maybe the right coaching will help him, just as it helped Randy Moss. ;)

Sandra

Actually I did not advertise the Nuggets and Pistons records, even though they clearly supported my points. Somebody else (was it you?) brought that thread back up at the end of the year, not me. ;)

Sandra

I DID support your thoughts on AI. I am just pointing out the similarities between AI and Braylon and the way we kept track of the before/after effects of each team. :)

Sounds like you are going to be devastated if Edwards succeeds in NY. You've spun many reasons why he won't ('Stone Hands', the big city glare, now comes 'good Braylon/bad Braylon'), but perhaps msteveO is right, maybe the right coaching will help him, just as it helped Randy Moss. ;)

Sandra

I'm not going to be "devastated". I'm just trying to warn you and the rest of Jet nation that the Braylon you saw last night isn't going to be the Braylon you see each and every Sunday.

You had an up close and personal look at Mangini and warned Cleveland of his short-comings. I'm simply doing the same to you only relating to Braylon.

Perhaps he should have tried this before trading away their most talented player (Winslow also doing well on a winless Tampa team...)

Mangini is changing | ProFootballTalk.com

He has changed.

Pads are gone on Thursdays and Fridays, and not just for James Davis. Saturdays no longer feature a quiz on mundane details regarding the opponent.

And there's less of an edge to Mangini, making the overall player experience more enjoyable in a city where agents have privately said they would never send their clients.

It's unclear why or how it has happened, but maybe Mangini has seen the light.

And who knows? If he keeps it up, maybe Derek Anderson will complete three passes this week against the Steelers.

On the bright side, he'll have a bunch of picks in the next draft for the next coach to make into his own team.

I think Rex Ryan will be changing soon too. All the bravado will be gone...at least it should be. His defense got torched, both all night and when it mattered most. Nobody is going to care if your defense plays well against the Bills, Rex. Keep a sock in it for a while...:rolleyes:

Sandra

Perhaps he should have tried this before trading away their most talented player (Winslow also doing well on a winless Tampa team...)

Mangini is changing | ProFootballTalk.com

On the bright side, he'll have a bunch of picks in the next draft for the next coach to make into his own team.

Why do you continue to post frivolous information dogging the Browns from that hack PFT site of yours?

BTW, Mangini's coaching methods are simple. He rewards good behavior. When a team wins and responds to his coaching, the team is rewarded. This isn't really news.

Yeah, and they're 1-4, he's clearly doing great.

It's not 'my' site, but it's one of the few ways to get news that doesnt have 45 sources so that ESPN will report it. The hack PFT site that has segments on NBC national broadcasts :rolleyes: cry more, please.

I haven't changed anything, you're just running out of ways to hedge everything people say about the Browns so you'll end up right. From 'good/bad Braylon' to 'Mangini rewards players who respond to his coaching' (does he just trades away the rest?), apparently the Browns can do no wrong.

I'm still posting the same stuff I've been posting all year. It was reported Mangini has been overly anal in fining players, and creating an environment that agents and players don't want to deal with, changing that environment is a legit thing to post. If you respond to every little thing you make it much more than it is.

Last edited:
I think Rex Ryan will be changing soon too. All the bravado will be gone...at least it should be. His defense got torched, both all night and when it mattered most. Nobody is going to care if your defense plays well against the Bills, Rex. Keep a sock in it for a while...:rolleyes:

Sandra

Ryan's defensive strategy has become predictable, especially the blitzing. If you have a QB like Henne who didn't loose his head under the pressure, it's easy to beat.

I thought it was a great game last night. Nice to see MICHIGAN players doing well. The whole city of Cleveland must be in shock after watching Edwards play last night.;)

Ryan's defensive strategy has become predictable, especially the blitzing. If you have a QB like Henne who didn't loose his head under the pressure, it's easy to beat.

I thought it was a great game last night. Nice to see MICHIGAN players doing well. The whole city of Cleveland must be in shock after watching Edwards play last night.;)

Cleveland message boards were especially fun to browse last night.

But Ryan did not blitz NO WHERE near as much as he usually does, at least to the Dolphins radio broadcasters.

NCAA proposes tough taunting, concussion rules

Is it possible to watch MLB.TV on a TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)