NFL 2009-10 Season

IMO, through five weeks, the New York Football Giants are the class of the NFL.

Through five weeks they certainly are the class of the NFL, but you have to take their schedule into account. Washington, Dallas, Tampa Bay, Kansas City and Oakland are a combined 6-19, so the Giants aren't the only ones beating up on them.

Factor in...two of Dallas' wins were against Tampa Bay and Kansas City, one of Washington's wins was against Tampa Bay (the other against the Rams...and they lost to Detroit), and Oakland's win was against Kansas City.

So take out games against each other, where somebody had to win, and the teams the Giants have beaten are a combined 2-15, with one of those two wins agains the Rams. :eek:

Everyone has been beating up on these teams.

The Giants next six games are a little tougher:

New Orleans
Arizona
Philadelphia
San Diego
Atlanta
Denver

Win five of those six, and you'll have to make room for me on the 'class of the NFL' bandwagon. But not until then.

Sandra

Monday Morning QB: Week 5 with HD MM

1. The Browns/Bills game on Sunday set professional football back 50 years. Who would've thought a team led by a QB completing just TWO passes for 23 yards en route to a QB rating of 0.00 in the 2nd half could've won the game?! Remember the stats to this game. This may never happen again in the history of football.

2. Josh McDaniels told reporters before the game that if Bill Belichick taught him anything, it's that there is a way to beat ANY team in the NFL. Mark this down as another case in which the understudy out smarted his mentor. Former assistants are now 7-8 vs. Belichick.

3. Speaking of Denver, even Ugly Betty thought those mustard and maroon colored jerseys with the vertical striped socks were atrocious. And what's with the Argyle painted endzones at Invesco Field? Is that supposed to go with the whole "ugly theme"??

4. What's gotten into the Bengals? All five games have been decided by 7 points or less. This is the third straight game that has been decided by 3 points. All game-winning scores in Cincinnati's five games this season have been with under two minutes of regulation or overtime. A new nickname is in order for this team: The Kardiac Cats!

5. Talk about rivals going in opposite directions. The Titans and Colts Sunday Night game was a testament to that. Make that the 5th straight game Peyton has thrown for over 300 yards. All this without their #2 WR Anthony Gonzalez and post Marvin Harrison. Woah.

6. It's business as usual in Oakland. And the beatdown at the hands of the New York football Giants is only the least of their worries. Randy Hanson, the ousted Raiders defensive assistant coach is now coming out with gruesome details of the alleged attack by head coach Tom Cable. Hanson says the Oakland coach attacked him when he wasn't looking and that he had "no reason to believe he wouldn't have killed me" if others hadn't pulled Cable away. :eek:

7. The Texans/Cardinals game highlighted two of the games elite WR's in Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. This was expected to be a shootout between gunslinger's Matt Shaub and Kurt Warner. In the end though, it wasn't the offense, but the Cards defense that decided the game. Take that irony!

8. Anyone else feel like there were an abundance of lopsided matchups this week? The NFL speaks of it's parity, and while that may be true most years, it really seems as if we have a greater disparity among the league's elites and league's worst teams than most years. Week 5 highlighted this.

9. I guess the Falcons weren't just a 1-year wonder. Beating the 49ers the way they did and on the road none-the-less was just plain impressive. Matt Ryan deserves all the accolades he's receiving.

10. Looking forward to tonight's MNF game. I'm curious to see how Rex Ryan plans to counter the ever creative Wild-Cat scheme by Tony Sporano and company. Also to watch is the unveiling of new Jets WR, Braylon Edwards. The diva and image conscious receiver loves the spotlight. In 3 Monday Night appearances in 2008, Braylon averaged 6 receptions for 120 yards. In the 13 "non-Monday night games", he averaged 2.8 receptions for 29 yards.

I won't be saying much about my Jokeland Fakers for a little while. I am truly depressed about the promise this team had at the end of last year....and the 10 steps BACKWARDS they have taken this year.

Bad NFL Retro Uniforms

Just three weeks ago, everyone called the Seahawk lime-green unis the worst ever.

Then, everyone is ripping the Broncos alternate unis.

Personally, I don't think they're that bad.

IMHO, this is my least favorite NFL vintage uni:

Tennessee_Titans_v_5fdb.jpg

As much as I love the way the Jets play this season, I'm not too fond of these unis.

'Fins pass on Braylon?

10. Looking forward to tonight's MNF game. I'm curious to see how Rex Ryan plans to counter the ever creative Wild-Cat scheme by Tony Sporano and company. Also to watch is the unveiling of new Jets WR, Braylon Edwards. The diva and image conscious receiver loves the spotlight. In 3 Monday Night appearances in 2008, Braylon averaged 6 receptions for 120 yards. In the 13 "non-Monday night games", he averaged 2.8 receptions for 29 yards.

To add a bit more drama to tonight's game, apparently the Dolphins passed on Braylon Edwards....

The Dolphins decided adding Edwards could subtract from the team even as they were trying to add. In other words, adding him might have brought more talent into the locker room, but also might have ruined some team chemistry or caused some internal issues they didn’t want. [...]

NFL Rumors: Miami Passed on Adding Edwards | WaitingForNextYear

The Broncos throwbacks at least still looked like you could play some football in them, the Seachickens jerseys looked like they were ready to go out and direct traffic after the game.

The Seahawks' uniforms looked like they were a cartoon.

Sandra

If I ever sees a running back shed tacklers on his way to the touchdown ala Ray Rice in the Bengals/Ravens game, I think of HD's Gullipan line in his signature.

It's a great golf line, but can also be used for football.

So what do you blame when/if he goes nuts the rest of the season? He's shown talent, the Browns don't have the culture (combination of offensive scheme/coaching staff/whatever) to keep him up to form.

Just like when Moss was a Raider. NE wasn't just a change of scenery, it was motivation, a system, and a coaching staff that doesn't put up with crap.

So what do you blame when if he goes nuts the rest of the season? He's shown talent, the Browns don't have the culture (combination of offensive scheme/coaching staff/whatever) to keep him up to form.

Just like when Moss was a Raider. NE wasn't just a change of scenery, it was motivation, a system, and a coaching staff that doesn't put up with crap.

If he "goes nuts the rest of the season", I blame the player, ie. Braylon himself. How can it be anyone else's fault? No team should coddle to him or have to "motivate" him to succeed. I realize he has talent. I know this more than most people since I got to watch his career up close for over 4 years now. The fact of the matter is that Braylon is a professional no matter where he plays. Braylon owes it to himself and the team paying his salary to catch catchable balls.

If Braylon doesn't have the stones to take criticism in Cleveland and got his feelings hurt here, can you imagine what NY will do to him when he drops pass after meaningful pass?

NFL investigating the Browns for allowing their rookie RB practice against defenders in full pads while he was not wearing any, leading to a season ending torn labrum.

Skins will be without veteran OT Chris Samuels who's having an MRI done on his neck today as the Skins prepare for their record sixth consecutive game against a winless team.

NCAA proposes tough taunting, concussion rules

Is it possible to watch MLB.TV on a TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)