NFL 2009-10 Season

Farve is going to light up the Brownies. He's ready to prove he isnt done yet :)

No way. Adrian Peterson might set the single game rushing record, but Favre will not light up the Browns.

AP didn't set the record, but the Vikes did exactly what I thought they were going to do.

The Browns have been back in the league for 10 years and they STILL are atrocious against the run. It's getting really old.

BTW, was that Brady Quinn playing QB for the Browns yesterday? It sure looked a lot like Charlie Frye. :(

A little over 10 hours to Bills-Pats kickoff, and I'll be there!!! :) :up

l

Adrian Peterson has 180 yards and 3 TD's today!:eek:

With 155 of those 180 yards coming in the 2nd half! Yes, that's right. The Browns held AD to 25 yards rushing the entire 1st half. We also held Brett Favre to 54 yards passing in the first half.

For those who didn't get to see this game, the stat lines won't even begin to describe the utter difference between the two teams in the 1st and 2nd halves. What a tale of two stories.

Ugh....:eek:

Right now, the big headlines of the early games are the sensational individual performances by Adrian Peterson (180 yards, 3 touchdowns) and Drew Brees (6 touchdown passes, something Bill is familiar with), the stunning finish of the Broncos/Bengals game, and the Jets shutting down the heralded Houston Texan offense (I'm sure Sandra will be happy about that).

(On another note- this has been a rough weekend for HD and his teams.)

You can say that again. :(

On the bight side, I still had a good weekend. On Saturday we had a bunch of family/friends over. The food and weather were both phenomenal! I'm still salivating over the little meatballs my wife made! :hungry:

On Sunday, I went to the game, but even then I had a decent time. Weather was 75°F and sunny. Absolutely gorgeous day for tailgating and for a game. Then, I got to come home to a free preview of the RedZone channel!

Win, lose or draw, I'm so happy Football Season is upon us! This is the greatest season of the year!

Browns looked like last years Chiefs team. 4th quarter comes and the conditioning isn't there to keep them going and teams just pull (further) away.

The offense needs to do a better job in keeping our boys on defense off the field. After a while, it doesn't matter who you are, you'll break down. A less than spectacular debut for Mr. Quinn to say the least.

Cutler throws 4 picks in his debut for the Bears. Never thought Denver would have gotten the better of the Kyle Orton trade. :confused:

After one game??!! Kyle Orton was plain lucky that another receiver was at the right place and at the right time....other than that he was just as, if not more ineffective as Cutler was.

After one game??!! Kyle Orton was plain lucky that another receiver was at the right place and at the right time....other than that he was just as, if not more ineffective as Cutler was.
Orton's not the answer for the Broncos. They'll be looking to draft a QB with their low pick next year.

And either Cincinnati isn't as great an offense as advertised, or the Denver defense is better than it has been for the last few years. Usually Denver wins in a shootout, not with a score in the teens. Of course without a real QB, and still no real running backs, maybe that's what we'll see for a while.

Orton's not the answer for the Broncos. They'll be looking to draft a QB with their low pick next year.

And either Cincinnati isn't as great an offense as advertised, or the Denver defense is better than it has been for the last few years. Usually Denver wins in a shootout, not with a score in the teens. Of course without a real QB, and still no real running backs, maybe that's what we'll see for a while.

I will STILL take Cutler before Orton. But let's be honest here, Chicago has very little in terms of WRs. I saw quite a few WRs quit on their routes. That last INT, the receiver was seen fall back on his a$$??!! WTF was that?

I will STILL take Cutler before Orton. But let's be honest here, Chicago has very little in terms of WRs. I saw quite a few WRs quit on their routes. That last INT, the receiver was seen fall back on his a$$??!! WTF was that?
Cutler's had some good days, but last night he looked like Ryan Leaf. I never played the game and I was making better reads than he was. The first rule of beating the blitz is to throw the ball to where they're blitzing from. I saw that happen one time all night.

Cutler was a loudmouth with the Broncos, and I see he hasn't changed. Even the Bears' OC got onto Cutler last night. From the Tribune:

"... The more Cutler yelled, the more frustrated of a tone he set. By the time Cutler had thrown his third pick in the first half, it was obvious the guy talking too much was trying too hard.

"I don't know if he lost poise or composure,'' offensive coordinator Ron Turner said. ..."

i agree. no QB can have success with most of his WR's running routes incorrectly or quitting on them early. i noticed this too last night. i was shocked every time! cutler is a jerk no doubt but a talented a**hole. can't blame him completely for last night

Urlacher likely out for the season, will have surgery on dislocated wrist.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4472175"]Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher's season is over after wrist injury - ESPN Chicago[/ame]

Cutler is an improvement over Orton, but I've always thought he was overrated (nothing like a little Monday morning QB).

He lost just as many games, if not more, than he won for us last year. Overrated, immature, selfish. He thinks he can do it by himself but he is what we expected him to be.

But he is a mile better than Orton, your defense lost more games than your offense last year. Denver had one of the worst defensive collapses down the stretch ever, losing 3 games with a 3 game lead in the division (though they shouldn't have had a 3 game lead, thanks Hochuli)... if it wasn't for Tampa Bay's historic breakdown it'd have been talked about a lot more.

It's an Ohio thing. If you lived here, you'd understand. I'm no Bengals fan, but I seriously think our entire State is cursed.

Not the Reds. Granted it has been 19 years since they last won, but compared to all the other teams that is the blink of an eye.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts