NFL 2009-10 Season

Saints aren't this years Cardinals, they're this decade's Chargers, or the 90s Chiefs. Competitive for a while (since Brees joined), just not able to get over the hump for one reason or another.

I suppose we'll see whether or not that is true this year. This Saints team has the best defense I can recall them ever having in recent memory. Overall, this might be the most balanced I've seen the team during Drew Brees' reign.

Since 1983 the NFL champion has been in the top ten in SCORING Defense. It's early in the season, but through Monday October 5 (1/4 of the Season complete) who are the top ten? What are their records?:D

He was just out for a year because of a torn up knee, and now a guy tries to cheap shot him, what do you want from him? Does he call the penalty?

I couldn't agree more. I was at the game, and I STILL believe there was intent on Suggs part! :rant: How anyone could see that differently is beyond me. :confused:

However, I do think the other roughing the passer call against the Ravens was totally bogus.

I also agree with others that the NFL is protecting the QB's too much. But again, the Suggs play was dirty.

As for Rodney, seemed like a joke to me, but that is just the way I took it.

I thought so too, and it looks like we were right:

Former Patriot Rodney Harrison appeared on Dale & Holley Monday morning to explain his comments about Tom Brady from Sunday night's "Football Night in America" telecast on NBC.

During Sunday night's show, Harrison addressed the roughing-the-passer penalties on the Ravens in the Patriots' 27-21 victory, and he told Brady to "Take off the skirt and put on some slacks. Toughen up."

Since then, Harrison has come under fire for the apparent criticism of his former teammate.

"Oh, my gosh, it's unbelievable, the kind of backlash with this," Harrison told Dale & Holley. "Tom and I we've been friends for years. There's no other person, no other football player maybe other than Junior Seau that I have more respect for.

"I texted Tom and told him, 'Hey Tom, I'm going to bust your chops a little bit at halftime.' It was a joke, and everyone's getting all bent out of shape," Harrison explained. "This guy's directly responsible for me having two Super Bowl rings on my fingers, and you think I'm going to call him out? It's one thing to criticize a guy out if he's not playing well. But to question a guy like Tom Brady, who I feel like is one of the toughest guys I've ever been around ... It's totally absurd, ridiculous, that people would actually think that I would take a shot at Tom Brady.

"I've had some 30 text messages and 30 e-mails [saying], 'Some of the Patriots fans are kind of upset at you,' " Harrison added.

What is it with your new favorite team, the Ravens? Do they ever lose a game without blaming the officials. The calls were correct, according to the rules, you don't like the rules fine but how it that the Patriots fault? Mike Wright was called for a similiar roughing the passer, I don't see him crying like a baby, like Lewis, Reed and the knee diving clown Suggs. Rodney can say what he wants, he is wrong because Brady doesn't call penalties, the referee does.

Sorry, but he was blocked and while falling, he was close enough to try to grab the legs and they called that bull**** call. Hell, even TURNED AROUND and looked at the ref and almosr litterally asked "did you see that....he had the nerve to touch me....." And then turned giddy as a little school girl.

NO, he is not at fault, but the rules have gotten so bad that if you fart on a QB, it's unsportsmans like conduct....

...and you would be a COMPLETE fool to not think the NFL does not go out of it's way to protect Brady. Hell, the rule put in THIS year named after him.....:rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more. I was at the game, and I STILL believe there was intent on Suggs part! :rant: How anyone could see that differently is beyond me. :confused:

However, I do think the other roughing the passer call against the Ravens was totally bogus.

I also agree with others that the NFL is protecting the QB's too much. But again, the Suggs play was dirty.

I thought so too, and it looks like we were right:

I don't get it, so if a defensive player is either knocked to the ground or blocked to the ground....she should STOP trying to get to the QB???!!:confused: Tell me something, when you are on the ground....isn't the ONLY thing that you CAN grab are the legs/feet...??

And IF he was trying for the cheap shot....it's the rules committees fault for making all there rules to put dresses and high heels on the QBs. So for all these rules they implement to protect the QBs, all they are doing is putting targets on their backs...

Dont watch NFL much, im a College guy myself. however this Vikings team looks fun. Specially cause they have Harvin :) Farve is doing great tonights game is actually fun to watch (unless your a packers fan)

Favre playing like he did 15 years ago. Looks like he doesn't pay much attention to his critics. :D
Favre ripping that Packer secondary to shreds right now. Vikings up 28-14 early in the 3rd. Gotta give Brett credit - when he's got a decent offensive line in front of him he can still get it done. Turning 40 in a few days and still plays with the heart of a highschooler. :D

Pearcy took a hell of a hit on that kickoff return in the 2nd, but came right back and caught a rope from Favre. Looking good his first year.

Do any NFL teams run the no huddle offense? Spread offense? It gets boring watching them stop to huddle every play and takeing forever to pick a play :)

its hard because I dont really have a "team" so I dont have anyone who I really like the players from. I mean the Vikings have Harvin and I loved him, so I guess I can support them, The Bucs are about the only "home" team I like and its not because of the team, but the stadium. That pirate ship and the cannons is cool as hell :) So I guess the bucs would be my NFL team if I had to pick one (I cant like the Dolphins cause my best friend does, and the jags well they may not be here long enough for me to like)

Plain and Simple. The calls against the Ravens would not have been made if the QB involved was not Brady. The fact that he turned to the official, who had not thrown the flag before the begging, only makes it even more apparent that the refs are told to protect the marquee QB.The NFL realizes that their whole existence depends on gambling and they have to have the big boys in the game to maintain the interest.

its hard because I dont really have a "team" so I dont have anyone who I really like the players from. I mean the Vikings have Harvin and I loved him, so I guess I can support them, The Bucs are about the only "home" team I like and its not because of the team, but the stadium. That pirate ship and the cannons is cool as hell :) So I guess the bucs would be my NFL team if I had to pick one (I cant like the Dolphins cause my best friend does, and the jags well they may not be here long enough for me to like)
I grew up with the New Orleans Aints and it didn't stop me. :)

Well Round 1 of the the "F"-Bowl goes to MinneSO-TA. :)

As they always say "Hell have no fury like a QB scorned". :D

...and with that it's time for the Week 4 HOT/NOT 10:

HOT 10

1. Giants
2. Colts
3. Saints
4. Patriots
5. Bears
6. Ravens
7. Eagles
8. Vikings
9. 49ers
10. Broncos

NOT 10

10. Cardinals
9. Seahawks
8. Redskins
7. Buccaneers
6. Titans
5. Lions
4. Chiefs
3. Raiders
2. Browns
1. Rams

According to the Vikings broadcasters on XM 102, Brett F. is now the only QB in history to defeat all NFL teams currently in the league.

Whatsa matter, you only like the teams with good records? Are you a bandwagon fan or something? (GASP!)

You're from Florida, right? Pick a team, your state has 3. (Miami, Tampa and Jacksonville).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts