NFL 2009-10 Season

Eric Mangina really needs to put the crack pipe down. To compare that crappy orginazation you conned in to giving you a job to the Patriots and yourself to Bill Belichick might be the most ludicrous thing anyone has ever said with a straight face. Here is another fact for you, Eric, while 1st round pick Brady Quinn was out being a pretty boy 1st round pick, Tom Brady had to work for what the job he has now, just stop Eric before everyone figures out that not only are you the second coming of Rich Kotite but your are totally insane.

Eric somehow you conned 2 franchises in to giving you a job after you were demoted from defensive coodinator of the Patriots in 2005. The jokes over now, Eric, everyone now knows you are clueless and should have never been offered a second job, let alone probably a first one.

Continued success in the NFL takes time. For the most part, a new coach just doesn't walk into a team and turn things around like magic. Unless of course the coach is walking into a perfect situation (ala Jim Caldwell of the Colts & Mike Tomlin of the Steelers).

Developing a winning personality on a team not used to winning takes time. Look at the other new coaches around the league: Jim Schwartz in Detroit, Raheem Morris in Tampa Bay, Steve Spagnuolo in St. Louis, Todd Haley in Kansas City. They all have 1 win each.

I am at the point where I am sick of the constant regime changes. Let's stick with 1 guy. Let's give him time to bring in and draft his type of players. And by time, I mean at least 5 years. This switching it up every other year is getting old. There's nothing more demoralizing to a team than another regime change. A budding franchise needs to know who the leader is. They need 1 system in place and to be able to develop players according to that system. Rome wasn't built in a day you know, and the same should apply to the resurrection of the Cleveland Browns.

Five years huh? No, actually, AT LEAST five years. Hmmm.

Should I go back to the post where you said if the Jets don't improve on their record THIS YEAR, Rex Ryan was a bad hire? ;)

Bring in Paul Holmgren, Mike Shanahan, Bill Cowher, etc...you know, a real football guy, and you'll be surprised how much less than five years it will take to get back to respectability.

Sandra

Last edited:
NFP pointed out that Mangini was even asked about Quinn's escalators in training camp and it has come up periodically since. To say he didn't know about them is awesome, wish there was something somewhere that was counting down to the 70%.

Will read the rest of the interview before I comment further.

Eric Mangina really needs to put the crack pipe down. To compare that crappy orginazation you conned in to giving you a job to the Patriots and yourself to Bill Belichick might be the most ludicrous thing anyone has ever said with a straight face. Here is another fact for you, Eric, while 1st round pick Brady Quinn was out being a pretty boy 1st round pick, Tom Brady had to work for what the job he has now, just stop Eric before everyone figures out that not only are you the second coming of Rich Kotite but your are totally insane.

Eric somehow you conned 2 franchises in to giving you a job after you were demoted from defensive coodinator of the Patriots in 2005. The jokes over now, Eric, everyone now knows you are clueless and should have never been offered a second job, let alone probably a first one.

Wait a minute .....
Brady went to the NFL as a 6th round choice, NOT a great college career, as a back up and only got on the field because of injury to Bledsoe.

Wait a minute .....
Brady went to the NFL as a 6th round choice, NOT a great college career, as a back up and only got on the field because of injury to Bledsoe.

Exactly my point, you can not compare Quinn to Brady. Quinn is a 1st round pick who they have tried many times to give the starting job to.

BTW, Brady won a BCS bowl game at Michigan, surely wasn't his fault Llloyd Car stuck with that stiff Henson.

Exactly my point, you can not compare Quinn to Brady. Quinn is a 1st round pick who they have tried many times to give the starting job to.

BTW, Brady won a BCS bowl game at Michigan, surely wasn't his fault Llloyd Car stuck with that stiff Henson.

Personally, I don't think Quinn has had a decent chance to win the job and keep it, always having someone looking over your back.

I would have stuck with Quinn in the early part of the season when they benched him and rode it out and let Quinn learn.
Quinn is still very young and inexperienced, but I'd rather have Quinn in than DA.

Wait a minute .....

Brady went 20-5 in college and won a pair of New Year's Day Bowl games, including the Orange Bowl.

Personally, I don't think Quinn has had a decent chance to win the job and keep it, always having someone looking over your back.

I would have stuck with Quinn in the early part of the season when they benched him and rode it out and let Quinn learn.
Quinn is still very young and inexperienced, but I'd rather have Quinn in than DA.

And now that he likely has no chance at 70% of the snaps this season, they'll do exactly that.

With sincere apologies to Bengal and Steeler fans on here, this weekend's NFL marquee game is Patriots-Colts.

A year ago, it didn't seem like its normal self- Colts were 3-4, Brady was out with the knee injury, both teams weren't firing on all cylinders.

Well, this year, it's back to its high-energy self- Colts are 8-0 and the Pats are 6-2 (and they aren't bad losses- Denver's very good and the Jets are a divisional rival that plays them tough), both teams have looked very sharp so far, and Brady is back.

Bill, you know this rivalry better than I do.

I have to ask this: is Patriots-Colts the NFL equivalent of Yankees-Red Sox?

With sincere apologies to Bengal and Steeler fans on here, this weekend's NFL marquee game is Patriots-Colts.

A year ago, it didn't seem like its normal self- Colts were 3-4, Brady was out with the knee injury, both teams weren't firing on all cylinders.

Well, this year, it's back to its high-energy self- Colts are 8-0 and the Pats are 6-2 (and they aren't bad losses- Denver's very good and the Jets are a divisional rival that plays them tough), both teams have looked very sharp so far, and Brady is back.

No. Red Sox-Yankees is one of the most storied rivalries in all sports...........Colts-Pats isn't close to that.

It reminds me more of the 80's Lakers-Celtics rivalry (Magic vs. Bird and Manning vs. Brady).

Also, I think the AFC troika of Pats/Colts/Steelers this decade is reminisent of the NFC Cowboys/Niners/Packers rivalries of the 90's.

No. Red Sox-Yankees is one of the most storied rivalries in all sports...........Colts-Pats isn't close to that.

It reminds me more of the 80's Lakers-Celtics rivalry (Magic vs. Bird and Manning vs. Brady).

Also, I think the AFC troika of Pats/Colts/Steelers this decade is reminisent of the NFC Cowboys/Niners/Packers rivalries of the 90's.

The Lakers-Celtics rivalry has been ongoing since the 60's.

Just a reminder......................

NFLN's Thursday night schedule gets underway tonight:

Bears at Niners- 8:20pm ET/5:20pm PT

you can create whatever marquee game u want and yes this game will be the highlight FOR THIS WEEK!!! There are 2 bottom lines here! 1. The difference between pats/colts and yankees/redsox --- you can always count on yanks or sox to be there a the end! you cant with these two teams!!!! 2. Both teams still have to beat the world champs! Did you watch them on Monday??????? These boys are NOT the Cowher coached bunch!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts