NFL 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then how did Weeden get the job? I mean the coach must have seen something we didnt because Weeden was awful. How do you get a qb rating of 5.

Interesting situation here in CT. My FOX affiliate is showing the Giants game. Now the Pats are considered a home team in CT. But Im a Giants fan, so Im not going to complain.

I think Weeden was given the job before training camp even started, think I heard that from the coach or owner, don't think McCoy even was in the picture.

Nose tackles I can't wait to see next season in the NFL(further proof that you "can't teach height"),Ole Miss senior offensive lineman Terrell Brown 6ft 10in 385lbs(I'd convert him to nose tackle) & Tennessee (just a) sophomore defensive tackle Daniel McCullers 6ft 8in 360lbs. I mean,all you need for a nose tackle to do is plug up the middle & I believe that these two players would certainly excel in that.

Then how did Weeden get the job? I mean the coach must have seen something we didnt because Weeden was awful. How do you get a qb rating of 5.
like jim said, even before training camp began the decision was made. why? i have no idea........ maybe in time this decision will turn out to be the right one.

Rey said:
like jim said, even before training camp began the decision was made. why? i have no idea........ maybe in time this decision will turn out to be the right one.

Because if you draft a QB in the 1st round..the assumption is that he is either "your future" or your "franchise"..might as well throw him in the deep end and force him to learn to swim.

Last edited:
Because if you draft a QB in the 1st round..the assumption is that he is either "your future" or your "franchise"..might as well throw him in the deep end and force him to learn to swim.

i understand that but look at us. the only reason why ryan is starting now is because the difference wasn't huge to the other qb's. if it been drastic he would've sat for at least 6 games. maybe that's the case with the browns but i don't know.

i understand that but look at us. the only reason why ryan is starting now is because the difference wasn't huge to the other qb's. if it been drastic he would've sat for at least 6 games. maybe that's the case with the browns but i don't know.

I think that decision for Tanneyhill to start was already etched in stone Rey. With the injury to Gerard, it made the explanation...NOT the decision, easier to explain to the fanbase and the media.

You do not select a QB in the top 10 picks to hold a clipboard. ALSO, seeing that this franchise has gone through 17 starting QBs since Marino...Gerard was NOT going to create excitement..and possible "asses in seats" like a big armed, good-lookin-wife-8th-overall-draft-pick like Tanneyhill.

I maybe full of beans....but I am willing to be the farm that IF this kid signed before the "Hard Knocks" cameras started rolling...they would try everything in their power to start him.

So nice having a Thursday night game this early in the season.

Another Brandon Marshall dropped TD pass....his 3rd this year.

that is why i will not miss him. yeah i get we don't have much right now but with marshall its so irritating to see the talent yet not be able to take full advantage of it. but i'm sure he'll blame the drops on someone else this season,again :rolleyes:

Raiders put Jacoby Ford on IR. Also put starting CB Ron Bartell on IR with the designation to return, means he could potentially come back later in the season for those not familiar with the new rule.

By rule, Bartell may return to practice in six weeks. He also may return to games in eight weeks. If/when he returns to practice, Bartell has only three weeks to return to the active roster.

Raining in Miami today. Our kind of weather. things looking better and better for the fins in this game :dev

boring game in Miami :sleeo thank goodness for nfl st

After the 1st drive by the Dolphins...the Raiders defense has held them check. The offense has been stagnant because the Raiders have yet to establish any kind of ground game in either the Chargers game nor this one. The Chargers like the Dolphins have basically stacked 7 in the box....and it has payed off for opposing teams against the run so far.

Bills making me look good for picking them. Time to fear them , again! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great One

NFL Award Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)