NFL 2013 Off-season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is they've agreed to a trade and are renegotiating his contract. That's the only way they're lowering his cap number.

If he were coming to KC I wouldn't be happy with this move depending on the contract and trade compensation.

Never really sold on the guy to begin with.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I just don't know. I mean this could lead to AT LEAST $15 million on 2 QBs with one not even in Oakland. A little confused with this deal until more info comes out.

The Dallas Cowboys are DOOMED as long as Jerry Jones remains their owner. This is how I found out that they signed Tony Romo to a 6 year $108 million dollar extension.
Donovan McNabb has something to say about Tony Romo's big extension
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/donovan-mcnabb-something-tony-romos-204021058--nfl.html

Here is an article on Romo agreeing to terms on the new extension.
Dallas Cowboys, Tony Romo agree to six-year contract extension
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ee-six-contract-extension-201326875--nfl.html

Now I feel like I'm just piling on.
Tony Romo latest Cowboy to cash in big time without delivering great results
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--t...thout-delivering-great-results-013440103.html

Last edited:
The Dallas Cowboys would have a better shot at winning with Tim Tebow as their QB. If Jerry Jones is crazy/nuts enough to sign Tony Romo to a contract extension that he did,he'd be just as crazy to sign or trade for Tebow. Someone warn us when Jerry Jones starts wearing his underwear OUTSIDE of his clothing because I wonder if he is suffering from full blown dementia.

As a Cowboys fan I am ashamed that the idiot we have as the team owner has made this agreement. I would rather have Tebow! ANYONE but Romo!!

Maybe Jerry was still excited about his guest appearance on 'Dallas' a few weeks back and totally forgot that signing players is a real deal. :rant:

It just goes to show,as long as there are demented/delusional owners like Jerry Jones,players like Tim Tebow will always have a team to play for. I imagine that all Cowboys fans threw their hands up in disgust wondering what JJ was was thinking signing Tony Romo to such a contract extension. Jerry Jones has turned "America's Team" into America's joke. Maybe Romo has blackmail material on JJ,that's the only logical explanation.

What does Tim Tebow have to do with Tony Romo's extension?????

It has to do with Jerry Jones' demented state of mind. If he is crazy & out of touch enough to extend a mediocre QB like Tony Romo's contract,then he is crazy enough to sign Tim Tebow. New England fans should be very grateful that their owner is grounded in reality & would never turn the Patriots into the joke that Jerry Jones has turned the Cowboys into. Crap,who's that fat 309 lb. QB that the Raiders cut seasons ago? Jerry Jones is probably off his rocker enough to sign him.

It has to do with Jerry Jones' demented state of mind. If he is crazy & out of touch enough to extend a mediocre QB like Tony Romo's contract,then he is crazy enough to sign Tim Tebow. New England fans should be very grateful that their owner is grounded in reality & would never turn the Patriots into the joke that Jerry Jones has turned the Cowboys into. Crap,who's that fat 309 lb. QB that the Raiders cut seasons ago? Jerry Jones is probably off his rocker enough to sign him.

Are you thinking of Jamarcus Russel ?

Kolb was considered the Raiders' backup option if their play for Flynn fell through, but now it appears Kolb will be signing with Buffalo.

If Oakland can't get a deal done for Flynn I think they go QB with the 3rd pick in the draft.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

As a Cowboys fan I am ashamed that the idiot we have as the team owner has made this agreement. I would rather have Tebow! ANYONE but Romo!!

Maybe Jerry was still excited about his guest appearance on 'Dallas' a few weeks back and totally forgot that signing players is a real deal. :rant:

i agree with most of what you said except about the tebow part. NO YOU WOULD NOT!!!

[tweet]318738337773006848[/tweet]

If some of the prognosticators were right then this should be pretty good for Oakland value-wise. Mid/late 2014/2015 picks for Flynn, and a late pick this year in return for Palmer.

Edit:

[tweet]318742843814453248[/tweet]

Schefter also said those close to Palmer say he was hoping to end up in Tampa. Flynn has already agreed to a restructured deal with Oakland.

I think we can expect a lot of long bombs to Fitz this year, just a question of the OL keeping Palmer upright.

Last edited:
[tweet]318738337773006848[/tweet]

If some of the prognosticators were right then this should be pretty good for Oakland value-wise. Mid/late 2014/2015 picks for Flynn, and a late pick this year in return for Palmer.

Edit:

[tweet]318742843814453248[/tweet]

Schefter also said those close to Palmer say he was hoping to end up in Tampa. Flynn has already agreed to a restructured deal with Oakland.

I think we can expect a lot of long bombs to Fitz this year, just a question of the OL keeping Palmer upright.

Well... GOOD and bad. GOOD when the AZ deal goes through, we get a pick back for Palmer. GOOD as in Flynn will restruction his contract. GOOD as in we get a younger QB that will not cost the team much. BAD as in the Raiders will still have to pay Palmer around $9 million this year.

So it equals out to losing one pick next year and gaining a pick this year, getting younger at QB...or something like that.

BAD could be that Flynn is a gamble that doesn't pay off, but at least it's a relatively smaller wager than some of the stopgaps that have been tried in the past.

One of these teams that traded/picked up a QB could still end up taking Smith/Barkley too.

BAD could be that Flynn is a gamble that doesn't pay off, but at least it's a relatively smaller wager than some of the stopgaps that have been tried in the past.

One of these teams that traded/picked up a QB could still end up taking Smith/Barkley too.

He IS a gamble, but a relatively cheap one now that he will restructure his contact. IF anything, he will be pushed by Pryor because Pryor thinks he will win the starting the QB job. And yeah, I would not be surprised if the Raiders do take a QB in this draft. I still don't think they will take Geno as the 3rd pick though.

BUT, these are the Raiders...so who knows...

I'd put Flynn in the same "gamble" class as Matt Cassel & Kevin Kolb. The ONLY thing that these three have in common is that they each subbed for a stud QB(although I'm sure that calling Michael Vick & Donovon McNabb "studs" is highly debatable) on previous teams,& maybe "staying at a Holiday Inn last night" is also what they have in common.

i agree with most of what you said except about the tebow part. NO YOU WOULD NOT!!!

Although I think that Jerry Jones needs to take a mandatory mental competency test to prove he's not suffering from dementia,I think that he's trying to make the Dallas Cowboys into the Oakland Raiders of heyday,with the Cowboys being made up of misfits & cast offs. He's probably too proud to admit that Tony Romo IS NOT the QB that will get the Cowboys back to the Super Bowl & he hopes that a big contract will up Romo's game. I will say that Jerry Jones is definitely NO Al Davis during his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Wings are finally getting their new arena

ESPN/TNT loose NASCAR to NBC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)