NFL 2013 Off-season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd put Flynn in the same "gamble" class as Matt Cassel & Kevin Kolb. The ONLY thing that these three have in common is that they each subbed for a stud QB(although I'm sure that calling Michael Vick & Donovon McNabb "studs" is highly debatable) on previous teams,& maybe "staying at a Holiday Inn last night" is also what they have in common.

NOW that he is a Raider, I am hoping he IS the start but PUSHED by Pryor.

Imagine being Flynn .... you were traded last year to be the Starter in Seattle and you would have been, till they took a QB no one expected to do much in Russel Wilson (that said, I REALLY liked him when at Wisconsin) thought he played well.

Now your traded because the Rookie outplayed you in camp, won the position and played even better during the season.

Now you are moved to Oakland to be the Starter, they move Palmer out of your way, your smiling, then they potentially take a high round QB in the draft and TP is gonna push you for your starting spot.

Do you really think Pryor is good enough to be the Starter ?

I was saying that I HOPE that Terrelle Pryor is ready for prime time because I'm not sure that Matt Flynn is the answer for the Raiders. How the Raiders use their first round draft pick will answer if they feel the same way. I also was making the comparison between Pryor & Russell Wilson & Colin Kaepernick in that I didn't expect Wilson to start for the Seahawks & I certainly didn't expect Kaepernick to turn out as well as he did. I wonder if Pryor can become the pleasant surprise of the 2013 season that Wilson & Kaepernick were in the 2012 season.

I was saying that I HOPE that Terrelle Pryor is ready for prime time because I'm not sure that Matt Flynn is the answer for the Raiders. How the Raiders use their first round draft pick will answer if they feel the same way. I also was making the comparison between Pryor & Russell Wilson & Colin Kaepernick in that I didn't expect Wilson to start for the Seahawks & I certainly didn't expect Kaepernick to turn out as well as he did. I wonder if Pryor can become the pleasant surprise of the 2013 season that Wilson & Kaepernick were in the 2012 season.

Personally, I think Wilson was alot better than Pryor in College and he's showing it in the NFL.

Kapernick came off as a complete surprise .... can he continue his success ?

I was asking if you thought that Pryor was Starting material, not if he could start games ... just curious.

I hope I'm wrong, but it will take a lot for Pryor to make it to Wilson status, let alone Kapernick.

Personally, I think Wilson was alot better than Pryor in College and he's showing it in the NFL.

Kapernick came off as a complete surprise .... can he continue his success ?

I was asking if you thought that Pryor was Starting material, not if he could start games ... just curious.

I hope I'm wrong, but it will take a lot for Pryor to make it to Wilson status, let alone Kapernick.

I don't think that Pryor is starting material now,but again I use Kaepernick as an example as I never thought that he'd become the QB that he did last season. Of course,Kaepernick IMO was more prepared to become a starter than Pryor is. Kaepernick had a full college career to grow into being a QB whereas Pryor had to leave a lot earlier in his college career under cloudy circumstances. Pryor will always have that cloud over him(the tattoo scandal) & until he proves otherwise,seems more poised to become the next Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young than the next the Cam Newton,who was able to overcome the clouds over his college career.

Less than 2 years after being acquired for a 1st and 2nd, one of which hasn't even been spent yet, Palmer has been traded to Arizona for a bag of chips and medium soft drink.

Cardinals giving up a conditional 7th in 2014, only if he starts 13 games, and are swapping picks in the 6th with Oakland.

Palmer has agreed to a new deal paying him $10m guaranteed, $8m this year, max of $20m over 2 years.

He'll still count for 9.34m against the cap for Oakland this season.

Less than 2 years after being acquired for a 1st and 2nd, one of which hasn't even been spent yet, Palmer has been traded to Arizona for a bag of chips and medium soft drink.

Cardinals giving up a conditional 7th in 2014, only if he starts 13 games, and are swapping picks in the 6th with Oakland.

Palmer has agreed to a new deal paying him $10m guaranteed, $8m this year, max of $20m over 2 years.

I am so glad he decided to hold out last year. It gave the Bengals the best deal possible for him. And it is still paying off. LOL

Now see, thats just wrong ...
Player gets traded and STILL goes against his Former teams Cap ?
How much does he go against Arizona's Cap ?
Odd that you can consume more than one teams Cap space.

I am so glad he decided to hold out last year. It gave the Bengals the best deal possible for him. And it is still paying off. LOL

When Dre becomes a PRODUCING player....YEP, I would completely agree with you. Until then, that 1st round pick has produced nothing.

When Dre becomes a PRODUCING player....YEP, I would completely agree with you. Until then, that 1st round pick has produced nothing.

They also get a second round pick this year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Wings are finally getting their new arena

ESPN/TNT loose NASCAR to NBC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts