NFL 2013 Off-season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the Pats can just sign him next year and give the Steelers nothing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I suppose in the interim,they could always kick the tires on Moss and Owens.:D Irvin might be lured out of retirement.:D

I bet Steelers work out a long term deal with him now imo :)

Something they could have done already, but instead only thought he was worth a 3rd round tender. Now they're paying him $2.5m next year, $500k more than what would have been the 2nd round tender pricetag... if they would have applied that to him they'd have saved $500k. Because of all of this Sanders is getting another $1.3m he wouldn't have otherwise. They'll have to make that an even nicer offer for a longer term deal, will be interesting to see if they think he's worth it, only giving him the 3rd round tender sure does make you wonder though.

Looks like the Bengals are close to signing James Harrison formerly of the Steelers.

Yup just saw the Vikes schedule...they get the London game

and for your scheduling quirk......they have back to back games on CBS. As a NFC team the Vikes are on CBS a max of 2 times a year and they're back to back (week 3 & 4)

From ESPN, another quirk:

The past four teams the Eagles have hosted in their home opener -- New Orleans in 2009, Green Bay in 2010, the Giants in 2011 and Baltimore in 2012 -- all went on to win the Super Bowl. Coincidence?

This year, the Eagles open at home with the San Diego Chargers....

The past four teams the Eagles have hosted in their home opener -- New Orleans in 2009, Green Bay in 2010, the Giants in 2011 and Baltimore in 2012 -- all went on to win the Super Bowl. Coincidence?

Go Bolts!!!!! Nah, that team won't finish in the top half of their division this year.

New era,all those were under Reid.Plus the fact that the Chargers suck this year.:D

New era,all those were under Reid.Plus the fact that the Chargers suck this year.:D
Not sure what that has to do with anything since the point is simply that the coincidence that the Eagles played those teams in their home opener, not whether they won or lost to them, or who their coach was...

That's kinda creepy, especially when only one of those opponents (Giants) is guaranteed to play in Philly annually. Like to see the odds of this happening.

Not sure what that has to do with anything since the point is simply that the coincidence that the Eagles played those teams in their home opener, not whether they won or lost to them, or who their coach was...

Ok as I see it......All those teams played in the Eagles openers whilst Andy Reid was the head coach.So now one part of the coincidence/equation is broken.Get that? Plus the fact that there is virtually no way the Chargers will win the SB this year.

Ok as I see it......All those teams played in the Eagles openers whilst Andy Reid was the head coach.So now one part of the coincidence/equation is broken.Get that? Plus the fact that there is virtually no way the Chargers will win the SB this year.
I'm not sure you're fully on-board with the meaning of coincidence.

While coaching the same team over that span is a nice accomplishment, I still fail to see how that impacts things. Reid had been coaching there longer than the streak.

I'm not sure you're fully on-board with the meaning of coincidence.

While coaching the same team over that span is a nice accomplishment, I still fail to see how that impacts things. Reid had been coaching there longer than the streak.

:rolleyes: Ok then Mike Vick was the coincidence.He joined them in 2009.

Well ... Thats one that will be broken this year .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Wings are finally getting their new arena

ESPN/TNT loose NASCAR to NBC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)