NFL 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bears resign Cutler to a 7 year contract. Also sign CB Tim Jennings to 4 year contract. Also resigned Matt Slauson.

7 years!??? Are they nuts? He is hurt way too much to be signed for that long.

7 years!??? Are they nuts? He is hurt way too much to be signed for that long.

I haven't seen all the details yet so I don't know if there are any stipulations or how much money he's getting. I'm glad the Bears signed him but I'm surprised it's for this long. I'm assuming the Bears were able to get him for a good price but only if they signed him long term.

I think it's a good move. The have a good starting QB and can hopefully take their time drafting and bringing up a good, young QB under Jay.

Cutler is definitely Trestmans guy.

I know a lot of people do not like Cutler, even Bears fans, but I would like to see Jay play more than one year with the same offense. He's had a different OC every year. Look at how well the offense did this year with it being new to everyone, next year should be better.

I agree, but it's good for the teams in the NFC North ...

Cutler is 30 now, so ... well see how they like that contract in 3 years.

I thought the same thing. To me a 4 year deal makes more sense. I still need to see the full details of the contract, as far as I know the Bears may be able to get out of that contract fairly easy after 5 years.

How many of these contracts have we all actually seen follow through? 7-10 year contracts are meaningless in the NFL.

This reminds me of the 100 million dollar contract for Vick. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)