NFL 2015-16 Season

So, grading Brock Osweiler's QB performance so far this season, comparing him to former Bronco' QB's, he is by far better than Tim Tebow(there, I said it, Rey. I said his name), on a par equal to Kyle Orton(especially if the extreme happens & the Broncos not only DO NOT win the AFC West title, but also get eliminated from the playoff race, when all is said & done), but not yet up to Jay Cutler's level. NOW, in full disclosure, I never really watched the Broncos when Cutler was quarterbacking for them, so Osweiler might very well be playing at his(Cutler's) level. I see Demaryius Thomas being another Brandon Marshall, very talented, but ending up bouncing from team to team for various reasons.

Edit: Looking at Joe Flacco's rookie season, he wasn't exactly lighting up the stats either during his rookie season, even though he led the Ravens to 2 postseason wins.

The Broncos did expose the Steelers defensive weakness before it went Sybil & shut itself down, just like with the Raiders last week.
How about this scenario? The Steelers, Chiefs, & Jets win the rest of their season's games, which would enclude the Jets beating the Patriots next week, & the Broncos lose the rest of their season's games. This means that the Chiefs would win the AFC West, & the Broncos would be out of the Playoffs.
Now that the Steelers have gotten by the Broncos, they should be able to win out, if they dont, they don't deserve to be in.
Broncos didn't expose the Steelers D, it been a well known fact that they are very poor against the pass .... been that way for a lot of years now.
Where the second half D came from, I don't know, but I certainly hope to see more of it.

So, grading Brock Osweiler's QB performance so far this season, comparing him to former Bronco' QB's, he is by far better than Tim Tebow(there, I said it, Rey. I said his name), on a par equal to Kyle Orton(especially if the extreme happens & the Broncos not only DO NOT win the AFC West title, but also get eliminated from the playoff race, when all is said & done), but not yet up to Jay Cutler's level. NOW, in full disclosure, I never really watched the Broncos when Cutler was quarterbacking for them, so Osweiler might very well be playing at his(Cutler's) level. I see Demaryius Thomas being another Brandon Marshall, very talented, but ending up bouncing from team to team for various reasons.

Edit: Looking at Joe Flacco's rookie season, he wasn't exactly lighting up the stats either during his rookie season, even though he led the Ravens to 2 postseason wins.
Hey now, Tebow Won a game in the playoffs ... ironically against these same Steelers.

Hey now, Tebow Won a game in the playoffs ... ironically against these same Steelers.
It is amazing how Broncos' fans think alike. I went to the fans forum for the Broncos & this season in deja vu all over again for them. Some of them see the very real possibility of not making the playoffs altogether, one actually did compare Osweiler to Kyle Orton, & NOBODY likes Vernon Davis. A (relatively) "healthy" Peyton Manning coming back IS NOT going to save this season for the Broncos. Unfortunately, save for two games on Manning's part, Osweiler has played better than Manning this season. If you had only looked at Osweiler's stats & NOT watched yesterday's game, Osweiler did pretty good, his best so far. What the Broncos really need is Brock Osweiler to play the first half of the game, Peyton Manning to play the second half of the game, AND......(sorry Rey) Tim Tebow to come in the last two minutes of the game for "Tebow Time." Now THAT is a winning formula.

Seriously, the Broncos should explore the possibilities of at least trying out Colin Kaepernick &/or RGIII as QB's next season. You can always cut them before the season starts if they don't work out. They should still keep Osweiler, because another team will quickly pick him up quickly if he is let go. It is just as much the coaches' fault as it is his for the Broncos not adjusting & scoring in the second half for three games in a role.

Osweiler will make $15-20m next year with a new contract. Manning $19m and have to re-sign Von Miller. They've got to make a decision and if he isn't the answer they simply don't sign him.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It is amazing how Broncos' fans think alike. I went to the fans forum for the Broncos & this season in deja vu all over again for them. Some of them see the very real possibility of not making the playoffs altogether, one actually did compare Osweiler to Kyle Orton, & NOBODY likes Vernon Davis. A (relatively) "healthy" Peyton Manning coming back IS NOT going to save this season for the Broncos. Unfortunately, save for two games on Manning's part, Osweiler has played better than Manning this season. If you had only looked at Osweiler's stats & NOT watched yesterday's game, Osweiler did pretty good, his best so far. What the Broncos really need is Brock Osweiler to play the first half of the game, Peyton Manning to play the second half of the game, AND......(sorry Rey) Tim Tebow to come in the last two minutes of the game for "Tebow Time." Now THAT is a winning formula.
Yes, I thought Oswieiler played very well.

Osweiler will make $15-20m next year with a new contract. Manning $19m and have to re-sign Von Miller. They've got to make a decision and if he isn't the answer they simply don't sign him.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
In irony of ironies, somehow I see Von Miller going to the Ravens to rejoin Dumervil & replace Suggs. I'd also resign Osweiler. I blame the coaches for the constant second half failures. Osweiler plays from a script, & they are the ones writing it.

Sadly the refs are giving the Saint this game, looks like a early Christmas gift.
A 4th and 1 and the players foot comes down on the white and they call him in, then next drive D* makes a good hit and thye call him for hitting in the head, 15 yds and a 1st down ... replay shows he hit him in the shoulder pads.

The Refs are trying.
Both calls with the Saint trailing and under 5 minutes to play, keeps drives alive.

Sadly the refs are giving the Saint this game, looks like a early Christmas gift.
A 4th and 1 and the players foot comes down on the white and they call him in, then next drive D* makes a good hit and thye call him for hitting in the head, 15 yds and a 1st down ... replay shows he hit him in the shoulder pads.

The Refs are trying.
Both calls with the Saint trailing and under 5 minutes to play, keeps drives alive.
the refs must really really hate the lions for sucking all these years. they have been screwed over so many times this season. not that I feel sorry for them considering how dysfunctional that franchise is

the refs must really really hate the lions for sucking all these years. they have been screwed over so many times this season. not that I feel sorry for them considering how dysfunctional that franchise is
Actually, the Lions have not gotten call for years that other teams get.
They are not the only ones many not very good teams are the same way.
It just makes it all the harder if your team is one that is trying to break out of that stigma.

Much like the Lions / Saints Playoff game a few years back. N.O. was the favored team and a bit better and got all the calls in a game the Lions could have won with a call not going against them here or there.

Actually, the Lions have not gotten call for years that other teams get.
They are not the only ones many not very good teams are the same way.
It just makes it all the harder if your team is one that is trying to break out of that stigma.

Much like the Lions / Saints Playoff game a few years back. N.O. was the favored team and a bit better and got all the calls in a game the Lions could have won with a call not going against them here or there.

Do you really think the refs meet before every game and decide who to give better calls to? Do you also think think the moon landing was staged, there was two gunmen that shot Kenedy, 911 was sanctioned by the CIA and the government is covering up aliens from other planets?

Come on, yeah refs miss calls a lot but they don't pick who gets better treatment, that's just a excuse fans of bad teams use instead of admitting their team, like the lions and saints, just plain suck.

The sooner you and other fans of teams that suck admit it the sooner you'll feel better.

jrp2sz.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

To put the prospect of the Carolina Panthers going undefeated & people complaining that they have a weak schedule, the 1972 undefeated Miami Dolphins also had a weak schedule. The toughest game that they had that season was against the Minnesota Vikings, who went on to having a losing season afterwards. So strength of schedule is a moot point here. I'm old enough to remember that undefeated season, the Dolphins were my team back then.

Do you really think the refs meet before every game and decide who to give better calls to? Do you also think think the moon landing was staged, there was two gunmen that shot Kenedy, 911 was sanctioned by the CIA and the government is covering up aliens from other planets?

Come on, yeah refs miss calls a lot but they don't pick who gets better treatment, that's just a excuse fans of bad teams use instead of admitting their team, like the lions and saints, just plain suck.

The sooner you and other fans of teams that suck admit it the sooner you'll feel better.

jrp2sz.jpg

Wow, you really don't understand do you.
The refs don't have to think about it,they know who's playing.
You could call holding on every play if you wanted too.
The Lions would get called many more times than say the Pats or even the Steelers would if you changed the jerseys.

And you know by now that the Lions are not the team I follow the most.

Wow, you really don't understand do you.
The refs don't have to think about it,they know who's playing.
You could call holding on every play if you wanted too.
The Lions would get called many more times than say the Pats or even the Steelers would if you changed the jerseys.

And you know by now that the Lions are not the team I follow the most.
I really don't agree with that. They're not going to call other teams more than others just because they lose. You still sound like a conspiracy theory person.

Reactions: meStevo and Rey
I really don't agree with that. They're not going to call other teams more than others just because they lose. You still sound like a conspiracy theory person.

If you watch a not as good team play you would see the same thing happens against a better team.
Very easy for them to do that if ya think about it.

If you watch a not as good team play you would see the same thing happens against a better team.
Very easy for them to do that if ya think about it.

Still doesn't hold up. Every play is graded, doesn't matter what the teams are, bad calls are reflected on referees themselves and directly affects their ceiling in the league (playoffs, super bowl crews). I won't say that some players don't seem to get calls, but the difference between good teams and bad teams is they are able to overcome mistakes.

The general 'bad teams don't get any calls / draw more penalties' doesn't really hold much water beyond them simply being bad teams and earning more flags.

Reactions: cybok0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)