NFL 2021

Another thing occurred to me. The Patriots were shutout at home 16-0 against the Bills a number of years ago... and went on to beat the Falcons in the Super Bowl. Granted, that loss made them 3-1 and not 3-4, but the Chiefs have strong potential still. So I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

Chiefs have been snakebitten (really, just go look at all the interceptions) and have suffered from just not being able to pull things together.

Spagnuolo looks a bit lost this season too, and their defensive line changes have not panned out (namely Chris Jones at DE)

Another thing occurred to me. The Patriots were shutout at home 16-0 against the Bills a number of years ago... and went on to beat the Falcons in the Super Bowl. Granted, that loss made them 3-1 and not 3-4, but the Chiefs have strong potential still. So I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

The Patriots were down to their third string QB (Jacoby Brissett, because Brady was suspended for the first 4 games and Jimmy G got hurt in week 2). Brissett himself got hurt in week 3, but he sucked it up and played against the Bills (obviously not very effectively). Going into that weekend there was speculation that former college QB, Julian Edelman would have to start at QB

The Chiefs have lost to 4 teams that will all factor significantly into the playoffs calculus this year. I think they are deceptively much further behind right now than we can appreciate at this point in he season.

Told a buddy it's all lining up perfectly for the most painful of outcomes... the Chiefs claw back into the 3rd wildcard to earn the right to come and play against the Raiders wildcard weekend. It's a game we will be at as season ticket holders - allowing us to watch any hope this season of being extinguished with a playoff loss to the Raiders.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

The Chiefs have lost to 4 teams that will all factor significantly into the playoffs calculus this year. I think they are deceptively much further behind right now than we can appreciate at this point in he season.

Told a buddy it's all lining up perfectly for the most painful of outcomes... the Chiefs claw back into the 3rd wildcard to earn the right to come and play against the Raiders wildcard weekend. It's a game we will be at as season ticket holders - allowing us to watch any hope this season of being extinguished with a playoff loss to the Raiders.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

No worries. As long as Mahomes is upright , there’s no way the Chiefs are losing to the Raiders in a Wildcard game.

Ruggs was released by the Raiders last night.

Since then he's been arraigned, and at a hearing this morning the prosecuters dropped the damning details:
- Ruggs was going 156mph,
- airbags deployed at 127mph.
- Blood alcohol was twice the legal limit
- 23 year old victim was trapped in the car and burned alive
- a dog was also killed in the accident

Some fans are STILL trying to compare this to Stallworth, who had slept off his drinking, was driving 10 over and hit a jaywalker... and was only found to be impaired after blood tests came back.

It's like apples and oranges. Ruggs is going to prison, 2-26 years last I checked for these charges, not sure if more are expected. His career and life as he knows it is over.

Thoughts with the victim and her families. Hopefully the civil suit helps them find an outlet to deal with this loss in some way.

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has tested positive for COVID-19 and will not play against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The NFL has considered Rodgers as unvaccinated since the start of the season, sources confirmed to ESPN and as first reported by NFL Network.

Source: Packers' Rodgers tests positive for COVID
His ignorance may have just cost him his last shot at the Superbowl, let's hope it doesn't cost him more. My wife's friend and neighbor died two weeks ago from Covid. She refused to get the vax too.

Reactions: AZ.
I realize that we’re only through 8 weeks, and that we have 10 more weeks of football (don’t forget there’s 18 weeks/17 games now), but I don’t ever remember an AFC playoff picture more convoluted this late into the season. 11 teams in the AFC enter week 9 at .500 or better.
IMG_0509.JPG

Last edited:
I got 3 different tickets in the preseason. I generally search for “value” bets (not necessarily a favorite, but a team(s) that has at minimum an outside shot at a championship). I thought there was no better value pick than the Titans at 30-1. That has certainly held up so far, but now they might be without Derrick Henry for the season.
IMG_7107.JPG
IMG_7108.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7106.JPG
    IMG_7106.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_7106.JPG
    IMG_7106.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 89
Like the top 5 in the NFC are better than anything in the AFC, too.
Outside those 5.... teams in the NFC are pretty poor.
Look who Dallas has beat. plus their games don't get much harder. save the Cards.
The Cards are a couple wins more now than one would of thought. 4 test games left.
Rams have only 2 good wins
Even the Buc's are just 1-2 against winning teams.

Reactions: meStevo
Man, Kansas City better pick things up as that Conference record could drown them.

Also, the AFC do have Buffalo and Baltimore. We know these two teams are real good. Both have really solid QBs and flanked with great defenses. Buffalo of course, is Buffalo and don't get much attention. Buffalo have given up 109 points in 7 games!

Reactions: BillD1984
I saw the video of the Ruggs accident aftermath last night. Granted there isn’t full context to the video, but let’s just say the optics were not good with Ruggs and his girlfriend sitting in the road while the woman in the other car was burning alive. To make matters worse, Ruggs gf was yelling at first responders to help her bf while the other car can be seen burning in the background. Such a tragic situation

• Sad
Man, Kansas City better pick things up as that Conference record could drown them.

Also, the AFC do have Buffalo and Baltimore. We know these two teams are real good. Both have really solid QBs and flanked with great defenses. Buffalo of course, is Buffalo and don't get much attention. Buffalo have given up 109 points in 7 games!

Conference record is what’s bailing out the Patriots right now. They’re 4-4 but 4-1 in the AFC. They have games coming up at home against the Browns and Titans and at the Colts that could go a long way in predicting their playoff future.

Ruggs was released by the Raiders last night.

Since then he's been arraigned, and at a hearing this morning the prosecuters dropped the damning details:
- Ruggs was going 156mph,
- airbags deployed at 127mph.
- Blood alcohol was twice the legal limit
- 23 year old victim was trapped in the car and burned alive
- a dog was also killed in the accident

Some fans are STILL trying to compare this to Stallworth, who had slept off his drinking, was driving 10 over and hit a jaywalker... and was only found to be impaired after blood tests came back.

It's like apples and oranges. Ruggs is going to prison, 2-26 years last I checked for these charges, not sure if more are expected. His career and life as he knows it is over.

Thoughts with the victim and her families. Hopefully the civil suit helps them find an outlet to deal with this loss in some way.
156 mph. Alcohol or not, that is beyond being beyond reckless. Some of these athletes are treated like gods from a young age, and they develop into narcissists that think the world revolves around them and conforms to their needs. I doubt he'll be in jail for decades, but this rises to such a level of negligence that several years should be served (seeing we don't have a justice system that manages justice in any positive way).

Yeah, Chiefs are in a deceptively big hole, not only are they at .500 almost all of their losses are against probable playoff teams.

They still might not be a .500 team this year unless they find a spark and go on a hell of a tear. They're now favored against the Packers because Rodgers is a lying dummy, but the balance of their schedule is brutal:

v Browns (won)
@ Ravens (lost)
v Chargers (lost)
@ Eagles (won)
v Bills (lost)
@ WFT (won)
@ Titans (blowout loss)
v Giants (won)
v Packers
@ Raiders
v Cowboys
v Broncos
v Raiders
@ Chargers
v Steelers
@ Bengals
v Broncos

I expect they'll be favored against the Broncos, but might not be in any other games unless there's meaningful change (they can't afford to claim OBJ, and likely wouldn't fall to them in the waiver order - though not sure anyone wants that contract).

They have Ingram from the Steelers now and others getting healthy (Hitchens), we'll see what affect that has on the defense, and I wouldn't be surprised if they brought in Desean Jackson as they continue to struggle to get reliable targets beyond Hill and Kelce for Mahomes.

I think we can expect Spags to move on from DC after this season. Team reminds me of those amazing Vermiel teams... Priest Holmes and Trent Green... but couldn't stop anyone on defense. This OL is a power running OL, and we need the power runners to take advantage of it.

Love Baldy's breakdowns...

View: https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1455509748397363204

I wish he would have broken down this play. I went over it quite a bit including the all-22 debating a Giants fan on another forum.

View: https://twitter.com/syedschemes/status/1455376293613166596

The play was broken because they couldn't cover the stunt, the Giants fan said he had a chance to throw it, but the LG and LT bit on the outside pressure, leaving Clark's stunt up the middle largely unblocked. The C and RG blocked NOBODY on the play and the other side contained well. So Jones had 2 seconds from snap to throw it, nobody was open but a 2 yard out to the RB on 4th and 15. He stepped up into Clark for the Sack/fumble, if he didn't step up Reed would have plastered him on the outside. They really should have run some kind of boot or something to buy time, Jones' only option would have been to roll left or try and lob it over Reed to the flat, but then the RB would have had to beat 3+ DBs. In hindsight that was their only option on that play.

Anyways... Chiefs are going to finish with a middling record unless they get a lot of help (see: Aaron Rodgers). NFC rocking this season anyways, so looking forward to adjustments (bye Frank Clark, a few others) and looking forward to a better 2022. Excited to see them in person on SNF here in Vegas, regardless.

Reactions: Yespage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)