NFL 2021

Wild stuff w/ Jackson is all these health and injury issues... and he's trying to negotiate a contract without an agent. Have to think they're going to want a lot of playtime-related things if he's going to want franchise QB money.

Seahawks sure are a mess, wonder where Wilson lands next year. Wonder if we could see him and Carr swap places.
Wilson to Pittsburgh ....
Steelers don't sound like they want to go the Rookie route, yet ...

AFC standings through Week 11

1. Tennessee 8-3
2. Baltimore 7-3
3. New England 7-4
4. Kansas City 7-4
5. Cincinnati 6-4
6. LA Chargers 6-4
7. Buffalo 6-4

Currently on the outside looking in

8. Pittsburgh 5-4-1
9. Indianapolis 6-5
10. Cleveland 6-5
11. Las Vegas 5-5
12. Denver 5-5

AFC standings through Week 11

1. Tennessee 8-3
2. Baltimore 7-3
3. New England 7-4
4. Kansas City 7-4
5. Cincinnati 6-4
6. LA Chargers 6-4
7. Buffalo 6-4

Currently on the outside looking in

8. Pittsburgh 5-4-1
9. Indianapolis 6-5
10. Cleveland 6-5
11. Las Vegas 5-5
12. Denver 5-5

Every single Chiefs remaining opponent is in this list. Broncos x2, Raiders, Chargers, Bengals and Steelers.

Beating these big NFC teams was nice, but lose a couple of these and the conference tie breakers get real tough after how bad they started the season.

All 4 of their losses are on this list too - Ravens, Titans, Chargers, Bills.

Every single Chiefs remaining opponent is in this list. Broncos x2, Raiders, Chargers, Bengals and Steelers.

Beating these big NFC teams was nice, but lose a couple of these and the conference tie breakers get real tough after how bad they started the season.

All 4 of their losses are on this list too - Ravens, Titans, Chargers, Bills.

I think the North and West teams are at a disadvantage because they have to play each other a lot. The Pats and Bills get to play the Dolphins and Jets and the Titans and Colts get to play the Texans and Jags. Of course in this whacky 2021 season NOTHING is a guaranteed win

Not a lot of discussion (in general, but about this either) here, but NFL 'won' the St. Louis Rams relocation lawsuit this week, after just 1 day of mediation they were able to settle for less than $800m.

Some were projecting NFL's liabilities as high as $10b and that a settlement could include significant $$ and an expansion team.

The majority in St. Louis wanted a jury trial, $1b+ and/or an expansion team. They got none of the above.

4 years of litigation, and St. Louis folded in just a single day of mediation.

Oh.

View: https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1464325700069076995

Still not dying I guess.

Some context, via PFT Raiders-Cowboys draws stunning 38.5 million viewers - ProFootballTalk

Nothing on American television, other than NFL postseason games, draws anything close to that number. This year’s most-watched World Series game drew 14 million viewers. This year’s most-watched NBA Finals game drew 12.5 million viewers. This year’s Academy Awards drew 9.9 million viewers.​
The most-watched NBA game ever, Michael Jordan‘s last game with the Chicago Bulls in the 1998 NBA Finals, drew 35.9 million viewers.​

Oh.

View: https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1464325700069076995

Still not dying I guess.

Some context, via PFT Raiders-Cowboys draws stunning 38.5 million viewers - ProFootballTalk

Nothing on American television, other than NFL postseason games, draws anything close to that number. This year’s most-watched World Series game drew 14 million viewers. This year’s most-watched NBA Finals game drew 12.5 million viewers. This year’s Academy Awards drew 9.9 million viewers.​
The most-watched NBA game ever, Michael Jordan‘s last game with the Chicago Bulls in the 1998 NBA Finals, drew 35.9 million viewers.​

But,but,bbbbbbbbut ratings are waaaaaaay down in the NFL!! Didn’t you know that??

• Love
Reactions: AZ.
Not a lot of discussion (in general, but about this either) here, but NFL 'won' the St. Louis Rams relocation lawsuit this week, after just 1 day of mediation they were able to settle for less than $800m.

Some were projecting NFL's liabilities as high as $10b and that a settlement could include significant $$ and an expansion team.

The majority in St. Louis wanted a jury trial, $1b+ and/or an expansion team. They got none of the above.

4 years of litigation, and St. Louis folded in just a single day of mediation.

I just heard about this for the first time the other day, and I admittedly don’t know any of the details, but isn’t it a bit hypocritical of St. Louis to file this lawsuit since they stole that franchise in the first place? Why didn’t they file a lawsuit when the Cardinals left for Phoenix??

Reminds me of how much it used to tick me off when Baltimore fans would troll on various fan message boards to the Browns fans after the Ravens won their Super Bowls. But those same fans would cry about the Colts leaving for Indianapolis.

Reactions: madmadworld
The Patriots have now won 6 games in a row and have outscored their opponents over that stretch, 211-63.

Tennessee is the weakest, from injuries, 8-4 team in the NFL. Pats look strong. But I’m still not sold they cam beat Kansas City, even if Reid is their coach.

Pats seem to be moving in the right direction.

Reactions: BillD1984
Tennessee is the weakest, from injuries, 8-4 team in the NFL. Pats look strong. But I’m still not sold they cam beat Kansas City, even if Reid is their coach.

Pats seem to be moving in the right direction.

Agreed! Kansas City is still the team to beat in the AFC.

All the talk about Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cleveland in the AFC North, but for my money Cincinnati is the best team in that division. In fact, the Bengals are a legit challenger for the AFC crown.

Agreed! Kansas City is still the team to beat in the AFC.

Pfft, I need some of what you're drinking.

I should have more faith, especially with the Ingram signing. It appears with this last game it finally signaled the end of Chris Jones playing extended time at DE and he was a wrecking ball once again from inside.

The secondary really was special against the Cowboys though. They got the benefit of a number of bad throws by Dak, but you can only defend what's thrown.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7r4ihcHphk

The biggest thing about this season could end up being this OL. Creed Humphrey is PFF's #1 rated center in the entire league and to his right at Guard is Trey Smith - a monster and playing really well - and they're rookies. It's wild how good those picks have turned out.

View: https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1455509748397363204

For this week though, perhaps the most impressive DL play is this one from Max Crosby.

View: https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/1464975619586854920

I feel like even if everything clicks, Mahomes can only do so much. That was enough to pull rabbits out of their hat on the Super Bowl run, coming from behind so frequently, but if there's no run game then any team that mitigates Mahomes just enough when the defense has a QB not underthrowing, or handling pressure better than Dak did (who has the best OL in football - so I should draw confidence from that too...)

We will find out where they go this season the next 3 weeks. 3 division games and a 1-game lead, do they pull ahead and solidify their spot in the playoffs, or do they contribute to the quagmire that is the 2021 NFL season where nobody but the hot hand any given week can seem to pull ahead.

Their daunting schedule sure did open up a bit given the performance the last few weeks. Broncos x2, Chargers, Raiders, Steelers and Bengals. They could win all of those, or they could lose 4-5.

We'll see. I still harbor concerns that this franchise peaked with the SB win... I really do wish we could get a reliable running game going, because otherwise the balance of Mahomes' tenure could resemble Trent Greens... all world offense that ultimately didn't make it anywhere but to mediocre draft picks. This OL is reminiscent of their greats, and it's criminal Water, Shields, Roaf, etc didn't get a ring with us. The Chiefs have the culture and the leadership to go places, I just hope they can forge a consistent identity to take the load off of Mahomes in the instances when he shouldn't need to shoulder it or is having an off day. I see 31 rush the ball and instead of Williams I wonder what this offense would look like if it was a better back (I see 31 and I see Priest Holmes still). Not sure Clyde is that back, but he shows flashes... health just already an issue.

Anyways, babbling, thanks ADD. Adderall hasn't kicked in and doing this instead of working (or perhaps me drilling so deep on this whining about a 7-4 team coming off of back to back Super Bowl runs is a symptom of it kicking in... still figuring this stuff out). If you made it this far thanks for reading. I miss all the chatter here.

I think unless the Chiefs have something that really disrupts the game they're playing, the Pats are the ones to beat. Absent some Achilles heel they've done it again, QB will continue to be the least of their concerns and instead will be the pieces around him as he grows and they lean into his strengths. It's amazing really, if I was a Patriots fan I couldn't be happier, granted I haven't watched a ton of their games. As for them vs KC, we won't see until the playoffs if they end up facing each other. Chiefs will almost certainly have to get through one of the other sometimes-powerhouses, almost certainly have to play someone who's already beat them this year (Titans, Bills, Ravens, Chargers) before then.

Not sure what to make of the NFC which was looking so good before suddenly losing to what seemed like lesser AFC competition over the last couple of weeks. Cardinals (who I've seen like 0 games this year) and Packers seem set to run away with it. Bucs and Cowboys have to make it through injuries or they will fade quickly down the stretch and early in the playoffs IMO.

I'm about to the point with Rodgers who seems to like being the heel of the NFL of late that if it takes him winning a Super Bowl to ride off into the sunset and just go away I'd be in favor of that, Manning-style. Perhaps not vs the Chiefs, but that would be the consolation.

Pfft, I need some of what you're drinking.

I should have more faith, especially with the Ingram signing. It appears with this last game it finally signaled the end of Chris Jones playing extended time at DE and he was a wrecking ball once again from inside.

The secondary really was special against the Cowboys though. They got the benefit of a number of bad throws by Dak, but you can only defend what's thrown.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7r4ihcHphk

The biggest thing about this season could end up being this OL. Creed Humphrey is PFF's #1 rated center in the entire league and to his right at Guard is Trey Smith - a monster and playing really well - and they're rookies. It's wild how good those picks have turned out.

View: https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1455509748397363204

For this week though, perhaps the most impressive DL play is this one from Max Crosby.

View: https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/1464975619586854920

I feel like even if everything clicks, Mahomes can only do so much. That was enough to pull rabbits out of their hat on the Super Bowl run, coming from behind so frequently, but if there's no run game then any team that mitigates Mahomes just enough when the defense has a QB not underthrowing, or handling pressure better than Dak did (who has the best OL in football - so I should draw confidence from that too...)

We will find out where they go this season the next 3 weeks. 3 division games and a 1-game lead, do they pull ahead and solidify their spot in the playoffs, or do they contribute to the quagmire that is the 2021 NFL season where nobody but the hot hand any given week can seem to pull ahead.

Their daunting schedule sure did open up a bit given the performance the last few weeks. Broncos x2, Chargers, Raiders, Steelers and Bengals. They could win all of those, or they could lose 4-5.

We'll see. I still harbor concerns that this franchise peaked with the SB win... I really do wish we could get a reliable running game going, because otherwise the balance of Mahomes' tenure could resemble Trent Greens... all world offense that ultimately didn't make it anywhere but to mediocre draft picks. This OL is reminiscent of their greats, and it's criminal Water, Shields, Roaf, etc didn't get a ring with us. The Chiefs have the culture and the leadership to go places, I just hope they can forge a consistent identity to take the load off of Mahomes in the instances when he shouldn't need to shoulder it or is having an off day. I see 31 rush the ball and instead of Williams I wonder what this offense would look like if it was a better back (I see 31 and I see Priest Holmes still). Not sure Clyde is that back, but he shows flashes... health just already an issue.

Anyways, babbling, thanks ADD. Adderall hasn't kicked in and doing this instead of working (or perhaps me drilling so deep on this whining about a 7-4 team coming off of back to back Super Bowl runs is a symptom of it kicking in... still figuring this stuff out). If you made it this far thanks for reading. I miss all the chatter here.

I think unless the Chiefs have something that really disrupts the game they're playing, the Pats are the ones to beat. Absent some Achilles heel they've done it again, QB will continue to be the least of their concerns and instead will be the pieces around him as he grows and they lean into his strengths. It's amazing really, if I was a Patriots fan I couldn't be happier, granted I haven't watched a ton of their games. As for them vs KC, we won't see until the playoffs if they end up facing each other. Chiefs will almost certainly have to get through one of the other sometimes-powerhouses, almost certainly have to play someone who's already beat them this year (Titans, Bills, Ravens, Chargers) before then.

Not sure what to make of the NFC which was looking so good before suddenly losing to what seemed like lesser AFC competition over the last couple of weeks. Cardinals (who I've seen like 0 games this year) and Packers seem set to run away with it. Bucs and Cowboys have to make it through injuries or they will fade quickly down the stretch and early in the playoffs IMO.

I'm about to the point with Rodgers who seems to like being the heel of the NFL of late that if it takes him winning a Super Bowl to ride off into the sunset and just go away I'd be in favor of that, Manning-style. Perhaps not vs the Chiefs, but that would be the consolation.

There’s no question that the Chiefs don’t have their share of flaws, but EVERY team has flaws. BIGGEST difference is every team doesn’t have Patrick Mahomes. Not only that, but the Chiefs defense has improved dramatically over the last month. Kind of reminds me of the Colts when they went on their 2006 Super Bowl run.

Yeah, I need to not lose sight that every team and QB no matter how amazing are going to have their down stretches or games. He gives us a chance every game, just a matter of every season of his career is if the Chiefs have put enough of the right pieces around him to go all the way.

He's clearly already an all time great at the position, just a question of longevity and how high he can run up the accolades in this era. It will take some horrific injuries or roster mismanagement for the team to not compete every year while he's taking snaps.

The Chiefs have had an issue of putting themselves in holes and relied on Mahomes to get them out. Can only go to that well so many times. If I were Kansas City, I think their biggest weakness is Reid. Yes, he finally got over the hump, but he has a tendency of not getting far enough in the playoffs.

Yeah, I need to not lose sight that every team and QB no matter how amazing are going to have their down stretches or games. He gives us a chance every game, just a matter of every season of his career is if the Chiefs have put enough of the right pieces around him to go all the way.

He's clearly already an all time great at the position, just a question of longevity and how high he can run up the accolades in this era. It will take some horrific injuries or roster mismanagement for the team to not compete every year while he's taking snaps.

I think another key to the Chiefs hopes this year is the health of Edwards-Helaire. He brings something to the table that the Chiefs don’t otherwise have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts