NFL 2022

Strange take to fire Bill. I for Just this once agree with you he should stay until he wants to leave. Tom was drafted 199 for a reason, he was not very good.
Dr. Bill Frankenstein built that Monster. he was lucky to find the clay to do so, but still.
if Bill was 60 instead of 70 would bet he could build another one.

Who in this thread had the “strange take” to fire Bill? And no he shouldn’t “stay until he wants to leave”, not if the team continues to underperform.

And speaking of strange takes, you actually believe that Belichick at age 60 would have “built” another Brady??

Reactions: HipKat
And speaking of strange takes, you actually believe that Belichick at age 60 would have “built” another Brady??
He would have more time for sure. can you find in this generation a player with the work ethic of TB12 would be the mission.

this guy lol
tom-brady-1-4ebfa5a957a64830bded3160a798cbb2.jpg

Looks like hot garbage for 50 minutes and then BOOM 2 touchdown passes to win the game, 17-16. Tom Brady doing Tom Brady things. It never gets old.

Looks like hot garbage for 50 minutes and then BOOM 2 touchdown passes to win the game, 17-16. Tom Brady doing Tom Brady things. It never gets old.
Saints OC and Daulton lost that game ...
3 minutes left, up by 13 points and the Saints D playing well all night.
Saints get the ball and just need a few 1st downs to end the game, Tampa had 2 TOs left.
The Saints took a Total of 20 ish seconds off the clock ... leaving Brady PLENTY of time.

Saint D was only off the field for about 3 minutes in real time during that lost NO drive.

Saints OC and Daulton lost that game ...
3 minutes left, up by 13 points and the Saints D playing well all night.
Saints get the ball and just need a few 1st downs to end the game, Tampa had 2 TOs left.
The Saints took a Total of 20 ish seconds off the clock ... leaving Brady PLENTY of time.

Saint D was only off the field for about 3 minutes in real time during that lost NO drive.

Are you being serious with this take?? So Brady had nothing to do with that comeback? Especially since he looked awful for 50+ minutes, and then when the game was on the line a light went off. Considering they were losing 16-3 with exactly 3 minutes left, Brady had to execute at a near perfect level for the Bucs to have a chance. And yes, absolutely the Saints were complicit in the comeback.

Brady being a Michigan guy doesn’t have anything to do with that, right? If that was tOSU Justin Fields last night, I’m 100% positive that you would be on here singing his praises. C’mom on Jimbo, be better than that.

Are you being serious with this take?? So Brady had nothing to do with that comeback? Especially since he looked awful for 50+ minutes, and then when the game was on the line a light went off. Considering they were losing 16-3 with exactly 3 minutes left, Brady had to execute at a near perfect level for the Bucs to have a chance. And yes, absolutely the Saints were complicit in the comeback.

Brady being a Michigan guy doesn’t have anything to do with that, right? If that was tOSU Justin Fields last night, I’m 100% positive that you would be on here singing his praises. C’mom on Jimbo, be better than that.
Didn't say Brady had nothing to do with it .... but Come on, you do NOTHING for the first 57 minutes and THEN you decide to play ?

The Bears have Nothing for a Team, very little on the O Line and maybe 1 actual GOOD recvr.

Tampa has a Good O Line and stud recvrs

Big difference ... Tampa should have won this game easily, but then I forgot, they are both Bad teams this year (Tampa and N.O. and the bears for that matter)

Reactions: AZ.
Didn't say Brady had nothing to do with it .... but Come on, you do NOTHING for the first 57 minutes and THEN you decide to play ?

“Decide to play”. So now Brady wasn’t trying until the last 3 minutes of the game? Again, he looked like hot garbage for 50+ minutes of the game and then turned into well, Tom Brady.

The Bears have Nothing for a Team, very little on the O Line and maybe 1 actual GOOD recvr.

Big difference ... Tampa should have won this game easily, but then I forgot, they are both Bad teams this year (Tampa and N.O. and the bears for that matter)

Why are you turning this into a Bears vs. Bucs thing? My point was Justin Fields is a tOSU alum and Brady a Michigan alum.

Don't forget the Patriots! Man what are Pats fans going to do if their record really sucks, like Cleveland sucks?! :D

But, on the other hand, Tom Brady could finish 8-9 this year and still win the Super Bowl and we'd shrug and say "That Tom Brady." We wouldn't be shocked. Because it is Tom Brady. If the Bears win the Super Bowl, we'd be shocked.

Reactions: Jimbo
“Decide to play”. So now Brady wasn’t trying until the last 3 minutes of the game? Again, he looked like hot garbage for 50+ minutes of the game and then turned into well, Tom Brady.

Why are you turning this into a Bears vs. Bucs thing? My point was Justin Fields is a tOSU alum and Brady a Michigan alum.
I didn't bring Fields into the discussion, you did.

I didn't bring Fields into the discussion, you did.

I agree I’m the one that brought him into the discussion, but you changed the context of why I did. You made it about the Bucs roster (which isn’t great, BTW) against the Bears roster, and that’s not where I was going. Look back if you don’t believe me.

I agree I’m the one that brought him into the discussion, but you changed the context of why I did. You made it about the Bucs roster (which isn’t great, BTW) against the Bears roster, and that’s not where I was going. Look back if you don’t believe me.
Brady being a Michigan guy has NOTHING to do with it.
I actually Like Brady, to a degree, hes a hellova QB, like I've said before, he turned out much better in the NFL than College, but then from time to time, that happens.

That happens to a number of players.
A lot of it has to do with Who you get picked by.

Would Brady been the GOAT if he'd have gone with the Lions, Bears, Browns , Jets ????

And No, I don't want to go off on that side of things, just posting my opinion.

I actually Like Brady, to a degree, hes a hellova QB, like I've said before, he turned out much better in the NFL than College, but then from time to time, that happens.

That we definitely agree on.

Would Brady been the GOAT if he'd have gone with the Lions, Bears, Browns , Jets ????

Unfortunately that’s a question that will never be answered. I’m not sure if they’ll ever be a black and white, right or wrong answer to if Brady played on team X, would things have been different for him early in his career. IMO, what isn’t or shouldn’t be debatable is since his departure from the Patriots the evidence is overwhelmingly piling up on his side. So if the Jets, Lions, Bears, etc. drafted Brady in the 6th round in 2000 would they have become a dynasty? I would say probably not, but we can never be totally sure. OTOH, from the Patriots perspective would they have won multiple Super Bowls under Belichick with Bledsoe or whatever other QB that followed him? I would say emphatically no.

I don't want to go off on that side of things, just posting my opinion.

And as always I respect your opinion buddy! It’s okay to disagree every once in a while.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: HipKat and Jimbo

As a reminder, the Patriots were mediocre when he became the starter. Brady was a benefactor of a number of things playing in New England (the team, coaching, ownership, player on field discipline), but New England was a larger benefactor of his execution on the field. He is 6-3 in the Super Bowl (and each of those losses could have been wins and were more on the fault of the defense side), and the list of HoF supporting players in that run isn't particularly long.

He executed when execution was necessary, as in multiple epic performances. The snow game against the Raiders, the last drive response in the first Rams Super Bowl, the Super Bowl LI comeback. He also won that Super Bowl with the Bucs. And to be clear, I think one could argue that Brady isn't the best pure QB of all-time, but he is the best overall performing and executing QB of all-time. And by that metric, it isn't remotely close.

The relationship between the Patriots and Brady was of symbiosis. Both sides made each other better.

Reactions: BillD1984
As a reminder, the Patriots were mediocre when he became the starter. Brady was a benefactor of a number of things playing in New England (the team, coaching, ownership, player on field discipline), but New England was a larger benefactor of his execution on the field.

BINGO!!!

He is 6-3 in the Super Bowl (and each of those losses could have been wins and were more on the fault of the defense side), and the list of HoF supporting players in that run isn't particularly long.

In the interest of fairness many of those Super Bowl wins could have also been losses, so I think the net record of 6-3 is about right.

He executed when execution was necessary, as in multiple epic performances. The snow game against the Raiders, the last drive response in the first Rams Super Bowl, the Super Bowl LI comeback. He also won that Super Bowl with the Bucs.

I personally wouldn’t use the Snow Bowl/Tuck Rule game as an example. Let’s be honest, the Patriots were handed that game. I also would include that 4th quarter in the Seahawks Super Bowl in Brady’s greatest moments. The Patriots were trailing 24-14 entering the 4th quarter, and Brady had two long TD drives against a generational defense. I feel like this gets overshadowed by the Malcolm Butler pick far too often.

And to be clear, I think one could argue that Brady isn't the best pure QB of all-time, but he is the best overall performing and executing QB of all-time. And by that metric, it isn't remotely close.

Again BINGO!! Brady is not the best pure QB of all-time and it frankly isn’t close. What he is though is the greatest WINNER this sport has ever seen, and again that frankly isn’t remotely close.

The relationship between the Patriots and Brady was of symbiosis. Both sides made each other better.
Yes

Reactions: Yespage
I personally wouldn’t use the Snow Bowl/Tuck Rule game as an example. Let’s be honest, the Patriots were handed that game.
They were handed the ball back. Brady made a number of critical throws on that drive that tied the game... and then drove for victory in OT. Vinateri is obviously another one of those things Brady benefited from at New England. While being handed the ball back, Vinateri needed to kick that 40+ yard field goal, in the snow. Brady-VInateri... the best QB/K combo ever in football.
I also would include that 4th quarter in the Seahawks Super Bowl in Brady’s greatest moments. The Patriots were trailing 24-14 entering the 4th quarter, and Brady had two long TD drives against a generational defense. I feel like this gets overshadowed by the Malcolm Butler pick far too often.
That indeed was big. And Brady has a large vat full of awesome comeback moments when it mattered most. The Seahawks game is definitely an example. I'd say the Rams Super Bowl was a big deal because of the Overtime rule and Rams had finally figured out the defense and the Patriots defense was tired. If the Rams got the ball back, they'd have scored. It was crucial to comeback and score in regulation, and that was a big ask, in the biggest game of a very young career for Brady. To be able to concentrate and perform at that level, under that pressure was an indicator of things to come with Brady.

I really don't know if I have a "this is Brady's biggest comeback". There are just so many Brady moments.
Again BINGO!! Brady is not the best pure QB of all-time and it frankly isn’t close. What he is though is the greatest WINNER this sport has ever seen, and again that frankly isn’t remotely close.
Brady 2024! :D

Brady being a Michigan guy has NOTHING to do with it. I actually Like Brady, to a degree, hes a hellova QB, like I've said before, he turned out much better in the NFL than College, but then from time to time, that happens. That happens to a number of players. A lot of it has to do with Who you get picked by. Would Brady been the GOAT if he'd have gone with the Lions, Bears, Browns , Jets ???? And No, I don't want to go off on that side of things, just posting my opinion.
all because the Jets took out drew bledsoe..otherwise he would still be sitting on the bench