NFL 2022

They deserve so much credit for this performance tonight. They were eliminated an hour before kickoff in heartbreaking fashion, but they went out there and played a great game!! They are a lot of fun to watch. I only wish they were going to the playoffs.
Actually, I like this better, this way the season end on a positive.

Then again, they could beat the 49'ers (think thats who they would have played) was thinking the Steelers would not do well against the Bills or Chiefs, or Cincy a 3rd time)

Super Wild Card Weekend

Saturday
Seattle at San Francisco-4:30 ET (FOX)
LA Chargers at Jacksonville-8:15 ET (NBC)

Sunday
Miami at Buffalo-1:00 ET (CBS)
NY Giants at Minnesota-4:30 ET (FOX)
Baltimore at Cincinnati-8:15 ET (NBC)

Monday
Dallas at Tampa Bay-8:15 ET (ESPN/ABC)

Tony Dungy only NBC analyst to pick the Lions last nite
Speaking of the Colts… They couldn’t stop the Texans in that last-minute drive? The Texans may have won the game, but now Chicago gets first round draft pick. So, I suppose that’s “okay”.

The last half of the Packers-Lions game was certainly entertaining, and included some, er, interesting penalties. Shoving the medical staff was probably the dumbest penalty ever, hope the NFL hands down a fine to go with #7’s ejection.

I had to text my nephew in SE Michigan after the pass-lateral-run combo play. That’s got to get added to everyone’s playbook…

The last half of the Packers-Lions game was certainly entertaining, and included some, er, interesting penalties. Shoving the medical staff was probably the dumbest penalty ever, hope the NFL hands down a fine to go with #7’s ejection.
Sulking about it afterwards-
4AA6BE26-B8AE-41E6-B1B4-CFC688BAE634.jpeg

Well, the good news is Mac Jones looks a lot better as a QB when allowed to throw the ball past the line of scrimmage. The bad news... two kickoff returns for touchdowns?!

Really, that is the difference between the best teams and posers, they win games they might not have been the best in. Scoring two TDs on special teams definitely counts. So I'm left struggling between hoping the Bills do it (and now they've got a huge inspiration on top of the huge chip on the franchise's shoulder) and Tom Brady leading the 8-9 Bucs. I mean... that would troll the entire NFL for Brady to win at 8-9. He'd have as many Super Bowl wins as his team had regular season wins if they pulled off a miracle.

This has been a tough year. Miami finally broke out, but their QB has struggled with his head being bruised. Ravens' QB has had injury issues. The league has been a mess all season.

So many questions, like how good will the NFC East perform? How will the hobbling QBs do? Will the Patriots remember they aren't in the playoffs and not show up to the airport on Friday?

As a Packers fan it pains me to say it but it's time to blow it up, starting with the inept GM. Please explain how getting rid of Davante Adams helped make the team better? They now have no one who can consistently catch the ball. Look at all the drops last night. There is no offensive game planning, it's a sling it against the wall and see what sticks approach. Look at the formations. Each time they get inside the 5 they bunch the offense and then try to run into the middle after the formation just brought the defense into the middle. Stupid. Run it twice then try to throw on 3rd down out of the same bunched formation. Stupid. Then wonder why they rank 31st in the red zone. :rolleyes:

Have you noticed how many times a game they will send a lone receiver out either side and on the snap it's a quick pass flat out to him? Ever see it gain any yardage? I track that play because it's a pet peeve. The net gain for the entire year adding up every time it was run is 3 yards total for the year, yet they continue to run it multiple times in every game. Do they think the opposing DC doesn't watch game films and see that? Here's the other side of the pet peeve, the quick slant. Ever see it? Be easy to miss since they only run it once, on the average, every 2-3 games but it never gains less than 4 yards or more. Why so rare?

Don't get me started on the defense or there'll be no end. Suffice it to say the Packers are the only team I have ever seen that goes into a prevent defense at the goal line. Against the Giants, Barkley in the backfield, the O-line bunched, the D-line lines up 4 guys but spreads them 2 outside of the guards on each side. Not nose on but outside. The guards push out and Barkley walks into the end zone because there's nobody in the middle, nobody because the other 7 guys are backed into the end zone waiting for a trolley car. LaFleur had early success with somebody else's team and has gotten worse every year he has been there. Yep, time to blow it up. One of the greatest QB's in history can't save this mess.

• Sad
Reactions: madmadworld
Super Wild Card Weekend

Saturday
Seattle at San Francisco-4:30 ET (FOX)
LA Chargers at Jacksonville-8:15 ET (NBC)

Sunday
Miami at Buffalo-1:00 ET (CBS)
NY Giants at Minnesota-4:30 ET (FOX)
Baltimore at Cincinnati-8:15 ET (NBC)

Monday
Dallas at Tampa Bay-8:15 ET (ESPN/ABC)
Surprising picks, IMHO. Especially, SEA-SF, which will be 1:30 local start in both team's markets on a Saturday, when ratings are lower than Sundays, and placing BAL-CIN, two small market teams with few geographically illogical fans, in the prime Sunday night slot. Most Bengals commentators thought the game would get the Saturday afternoon or Sunday early afternoon slot. DAL-TPA for MNF is no surprise.

I was actually shocked that DAL-TB went to Monday night. It being Cowboys vs. Brady, I thought it had Sunday afternoon 4:30 ET written all over it. There’s speculation that the NFL was throwing ESPN a bone because of what happened last Monday night. Once the DET-GB game went final this was my guess on the schedule:

Saturday
SEA-SF 4:30 ET
NYG- MIN 8:15 ET

Sunday
MIA-BUF 1:00
DAL-TB 4:30
BAL-CIN 8:15 ET
I think the more likely availability of Lamar Jackson over Tua made the BAL-CIN game a tad more palatable than MIA-BUF for prime time

Monday
LAC-JAX 8:15 ET

If the Packers beat the Lions last night, I think GB-SF would have been the Sunday night game

Reactions: AZ.
Surprising picks, IMHO. Especially, SEA-SF, which will be 1:30 local start in both team's markets on a Saturday, when ratings are lower than Sundays, and placing BAL-CIN, two small market teams with few geographically illogical fans, in the prime Sunday night slot. Most Bengals commentators thought the game would get the Saturday afternoon or Sunday early afternoon slot. DAL-TPA for MNF is no surprise.
Giants Vikings will be a good game.

This morning Bill Belichick went through a whole spiel about how the Patriots are 27th in the NFL in cash spending over the last 3 seasons. All signs point to BB throwing Robert Kraft under the bus. IMO, it’s Belichick deflecting the criticism of the coaching staff he assembled culminating in a 8-9 season. Do stay tuned…………..

Reactions: SamCdbs
Didn't they spend a fortune recently on players? I suppose the big problem I saw is that they weren't letting Jones throw past the line of scrimmage to the receivers. I think Jones can definitely make the Pats a 0.500+ team. Overall, I don't think the Patriots were bad. You don't go 8-9 and be bad. They weren't sharp, they made a good deal of errors, committed penalties that they didn't do when they were a juggernaut. Their defense scored quite a bit, while the offensive play calling did seem terribly poor and non-adjusting at times meaning they weren't scoring much.

But the worst part was the punting. OMG! What happen there? That was atrocious. Giving the opponents 20+ yards of bonus field position is never good, on multiple levels. I think the Patriots are above .500 if it weren't for the punting. Well... that and maybe not heaving the ball into the air as time expires in a TIE GAME!!! too.

Reactions: BillD1984
Didn't they spend a fortune recently on players? I suppose the big problem I saw is that they weren't letting Jones throw past the line of scrimmage to the receivers. I think Jones can definitely make the Pats a 0.500+ team. Overall, I don't think the Patriots were bad. You don't go 8-9 and be bad. They weren't sharp, they made a good deal of errors, committed penalties that they didn't do when they were a juggernaut. Their defense scored quite a bit, while the offensive play calling did seem terribly poor and non-adjusting at times meaning they weren't scoring much.

But the worst part was the punting. OMG! What happen there? That was atrocious. Giving the opponents 20+ yards of bonus field position is never good, on multiple levels. I think the Patriots are above .500 if it weren't for the punting. Well... that and maybe not heaving the ball into the air as time expires in a TIE GAME!!! too.

Yes, they spent a fortune on free agents 2 years ago. In fact, their receivers room is the most expensive receivers room in the NFL (between WR and TE). Here’s a little closer look:

Hunter Henry (TE)- showed flashes last year that his big contract was gonna be worth it, but this year has been a bust

Jonnu Smith (TE)- has been an unmitigated disaster for 2 years

Nelson Agholor (WR)- B-U-S-T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kendrick Bourne (WR)- was great last year, but was in the doghouse for much of this season because of insubordination

DeVante Parker (WR)- showed flashes, but can’t stay on the field

All that and their most reliable receiver- Jakobi Meyers- contract is up

There is talent there, but there is no #1 receiver that puts the fear in other teams like a Devante Adams, Stephon Diggs, Ja’Marr Chase, Tyreek Hill or Justin Jefferson.

Speaking of those aforementioned WRs, the Patriots also don’t have a bonafide CB1. Like WR, the Pats have several good CBs, but they lack that stud they can put on one of those stud WR. Those players torched the Pats secondary this year.

Above all else the Patriots need to find a couple of tackles that can pass block, and most importantly they need to fix their offensive and special teaming coaching.

There’s a lot to be fixed before this team can be considered a contender again.

Question About MLB Subscription

Free MLB game streaming?