NFL 2022

Things could get even worse for the Patriots. Both the 49ers and Cowboys have a chance of catching the Patriots for most ever postseason wins.

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

Looking at that list, am I the only surprised that the Chargers have only 12 postseason wins? I get that they haven’t won a Super Bowl and have been to only one in their history, but going back to when I as a kid (Air Coryell and Dan Fouts days) they always seem to be in the thick of the postseason.

Looking at that list, am I the only surprised that the Chargers have only 12 postseason wins? I get that they haven’t won a Super Bowl and have been to only one in their history, but going back to when I as a kid (Air Coryell and Dan Fouts days) they always seem to be in the thick of the postseason.
I didn't think they had that many

Things could get even worse for the Patriots. Both the 49ers and Cowboys have a chance of catching the Patriots for most ever postseason wins.

View attachment 160278
View attachment 160279
The 49'ers? For sure. The Cowboys? Not a chance. I don't think Dallas will beat Tampa, I'd be shocked if they beat Philly. I don't bet, but if I was forced to bet the house on those two games, I wouldn't bet on Dallas.

As a young man, I was an ardent Cowboys fan. I loved the Cowboys even when they weren't the best pro football team in Dallas. I stayed with them through all the lean years and the glory ones. Now, I find myself pulling against them.

If you owned the Dallas Cowboys, looking at the past three decades, would you consider them successful? You bought the team, built a championship organization, won three Super Bowls in four years, then systematically dismantled a potential dynasty. For the next 27 years, you were unable to even reach a Super Bowl.

You've changed the players, the coaches, the cheerleaders, the uniforms, the stadium, the spring training location. In fact, you've changed everything but the management. Don't you think you'd give at least a little bit of consideration to hiring a competent general manager?

The Cowboys have a lot of fans worldwide. I guess that will carry on, even as they continue to fail. But, among old time Cowboy fans like myself, you'll find lot's of people pulling against them, mostly against Jerry Jones.

The 49'ers? For sure. The Cowboys? Not a chance. I don't think Dallas will beat Tampa, I'd be shocked if they beat Philly. I don't bet, but if I was forced to bet the house on those two games, I wouldn't bet on Dallas.

As a young man, I was an ardent Cowboys fan. I loved the Cowboys even when they weren't the best pro football team in Dallas. I stayed with them through all the lean years and the glory ones. Now, I find myself pulling against them.

If you owned the Dallas Cowboys, looking at the past three decades, would you consider them successful? You bought the team, built a championship organization, won three Super Bowls in four years, then systematically dismantled a potential dynasty. For the next 27 years, you were unable to even reach a Super Bowl.

You've changed the players, the coaches, the cheerleaders, the uniforms, the stadium, the spring training location. In fact, you've changed everything but the management. Don't you think you'd give at least a little bit of consideration to hiring a competent general manager?

The Cowboys have a lot of fans worldwide. I guess that will carry on, even as they continue to fail. But, among old time Cowboy fans like myself, you'll find lot's of people pulling against them, mostly against Jerry Jones.

I agree, I think the Bucs beat the Cowboys on Monday night. I honestly think the Cowboys biggest problem over the last 27 years has been coaching. They generally always have plenty of talent. Yes, they won that last Super Bowl under Barry Switzer, but I think they won that SB in spite of their coach. That team was still LOADED on both sides of the ball.

I saw a stat the other day that blew my mind. After the Cowboys won their last Super Bowl in 1995-96, the Cowboys had 31 postseason wins in franchise history , and the Patriots had 4 postseason wins in franchise history. Since then the Cowboys have 4 postseason wins and the Patriots 33.

Reactions: rvvaquero
Mostly never a Cowboy fan dating back to the 1960s. yet found it hard not to Like Jimmy Johnson & Jerry too. then he fired Jimmy, easy to hate on that. but lately Jerry I find pitiful. the man works his ass off with little on field to show for it for the past 27 years. sad

Reactions: HipKat
Cowboys biggest problem over the last 27 years has been coaching.
Sometimes I might agree, but the fact is that he's had at least two very successful coaches who took less talent to Super Bowl victories with other teams, Parcells and McCarthy.

Jerry Jones thought that anyone could coach a good team and be successful. He underestimated the value of the coach's input. He thought that he was above it all.

There are two types of very successful coaches. One is the technical type who understands the game and how it's played from every aspect. He knows defenses and offenses. He's always a step ahead of the other team, the first to make adjustments. They provide the tools, but mostly rely on the players to be self-motivated. Tom Landry was this type, one of the most innovative of his time.

The other type is the motivator, like Parcells or George Allen. They have the ability to get more out of a team than it's collective talent should allow. They inspire greatness from overachievers and instill the team purpose in every individual. These types surround themselves with good assistants for the technical side.

Jimmy Johnson embodied both of these types, a real rarity. Had Jones not run him off, I believe his players would have stayed with him for many more years instead of fleeing the Cowboy program for more dollars. Sure, he kept Aikman, Smith, and Irving but he lost an offensive line which many agree was the best ever in Dallas, gone to free agency. Who knows what might have been?
the man works his ass off with little on field to show for it for the past 27 years.
Jerry Jones is a saavy businessman and has built the Cowboys to the most valuable NFL franchise of 6.5 billion dollars value. Like most of us, he recognizes player talent when he sees it. What he does not understand is how to put together a team, which can perform as a single unit.

The Cowboys are and have been for many years a collection of individual talents, prima donnas, many of whom who look great when judged alone but unable to blend into a unit. They continually lead or near the top of the league in penalties, many of which occur at critical points in a game. It's their nature, to try and make the outstanding play when the chips are on the line, instead of performing their individual job to further the team's purpose.

On paper, everyone says the Cowboys have great talent. And, they do, but is that talent capable of blending into a team? The Cowboys are exciting to watch, a highlight reel of exceptional plays on offense and defense, yet continue to lose big games when team performance is on the line. They are highly undisciplined, and even some of the most disciplinarian of coaches have been unable to rein them in.

Over the years, Jones has continued to collect the misfits of the league, players with exceptional talent who just couldn't get along on other teams, players with personal problems or who've been in scrapes with the law. These players perform extraordinary feats and sell tickets, but are undisciplined and refuse to become part of the team execution. Other players resent them and it trickles down to inhibit team performance. Many of us old time Cowboy fans refer to Jones' tenure at Dallas as "gangster ball".

If you look at the really successful team programs over the past 25 years, you'll see very disciplined teams who don't tolerate penalties or turnovers or stupid mistakes. It doesn't matter how much talent a player has if he's too stupid to learn the system or too egotistical to join it.

How is that fair to either fan base? Ridiculous!

I agree! And as a neutral fan watching from the comfort of my couch, I also hate it from an aesthetics standpoint. A Chiefs vs. Bills AFCCG game in late January should not be played in a sterile dome. It needs to played outdoors in the elements. Someone mentioned South Bend. I think that would be a great idea as far as geographic fairness.

Indianapolis for indoor or South Bend for outdoor seems the best compromise.

Atlanta?! New Zealand would also be about equidistant!

Reactions: BillD1984
They should have let Buffalo and KC have that choice - 1 gets a bye, 1 gets Home Field throughout

This!! It would also make for fascinating debate of what the team that makes the pick would/should do. I’ve heard many analysts say that choosing the bye in this scenario is a no-brainer. I vehemently disagree. IMO, either the Chiefs or Bills (and the Bengals for that matter) would easily dispose of the 7th seed in the Wild Card round. Too much firepower on those three teams. But having HFA against an equal opponent in the AFCCG is something that I couldn’t pass up.

Reactions: HipKat and Jimbo
Sometimes I might agree, but the fact is that he's had at least two very successful coaches who took less talent to Super Bowl victories with other teams, Parcells and McCarthy.

Jerry Jones thought that anyone could coach a good team and be successful. He underestimated the value of the coach's input. He thought that he was above it all.

There are two types of very successful coaches. One is the technical type who understands the game and how it's played from every aspect. He knows defenses and offenses. He's always a step ahead of the other team, the first to make adjustments. They provide the tools, but mostly rely on the players to be self-motivated. Tom Landry was this type, one of the most innovative of his time.

The other type is the motivator, like Parcells or George Allen. They have the ability to get more out of a team than it's collective talent should allow. They inspire greatness from overachievers and instill the team purpose in every individual. These types surround themselves with good assistants for the technical side.

Jimmy Johnson embodied both of these types, a real rarity. Had Jones not run him off, I believe his players would have stayed with him for many more years instead of fleeing the Cowboy program for more dollars. Sure, he kept Aikman, Smith, and Irving but he lost an offensive line which many agree was the best ever in Dallas, gone to free agency. Who knows what might have been?

Jerry Jones is a saavy businessman and has built the Cowboys to the most valuable NFL franchise of 6.5 billion dollars value. Like most of us, he recognizes player talent when he sees it. What he does not understand is how to put together a team, which can perform as a single unit.

The Cowboys are and have been for many years a collection of individual talents, prima donnas, many of whom who look great when judged alone but unable to blend into a unit. They continually lead or near the top of the league in penalties, many of which occur at critical points in a game. It's their nature, to try and make the outstanding play when the chips are on the line, instead of performing their individual job to further the team's purpose.

On paper, everyone says the Cowboys have great talent. And, they do, but is that talent capable of blending into a team? The Cowboys are exciting to watch, a highlight reel of exceptional plays on offense and defense, yet continue to lose big games when team performance is on the line. They are highly undisciplined, and even some of the most disciplinarian of coaches have been unable to rein them in.

Over the years, Jones has continued to collect the misfits of the league, players with exceptional talent who just couldn't get along on other teams, players with personal problems or who've been in scrapes with the law. These players perform extraordinary feats and sell tickets, but are undisciplined and refuse to become part of the team execution. Other players resent them and it trickles down to inhibit team performance. Many of us old time Cowboy fans refer to Jones' tenure at Dallas as "gangster ball".

If you look at the really successful team programs over the past 25 years, you'll see very disciplined teams who don't tolerate penalties or turnovers or stupid mistakes. It doesn't matter how much talent a player has if he's too stupid to learn the system or too egotistical to join it.
You Block, Tackle & don't turnover the Ball, You'll win a lot of games.

Wild Card Predictions

49ers 32, Seahawks 13- supposed to be played in a downpour. I think the Niners great defense gets 3 turnovers in this game

Jaguars 24, Chargers 20- Coin flip, but Trevor Lawrence finds a way in the 4th quarter

Bills 38, Dolphins 7- with no Tua or Bridgewater this will get ugly

Giants 27, Vikings 23- the Vikings have been living on the edge all season, but I think their luck runs out here

Bengals 30, Ravens 13- Ravens over Eagles was my preseason Super Bowl pick, but similar to the Dolphins they’re having serious QB issues at the wrong time

Buccaneers 23, Cowboys 16- Two things that I always live by clash in the postseason- never pick against Tom Brady and never pick the Cowboys

Question About MLB Subscription

Free MLB game streaming?