NFL 2022

Happy and safe Thanksgiving everyone!! Enjoy the football feast!

IMG_1745.JPG

The Chiefs are a 15.5 point favorite over the Rams later this afternoon. Has a defending Super Bowl champion ever been that big of an underdog?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I have little doubt that if Mike White was the QB for the Jets in their two games against the Patriots, the Jets would have at minimum split- if not win both games.

Scott Hanson has been getting torched on social media because of the RedZone Channel signing off while the Raiders-Seahawks game was still in OT. While I don’t blame Hanson for this happening (the old “Don’t kill the messenger” cliché), he did say “for our viewers in the United States please switch over to your local CBS affiliate for the conclusion of the Raiders-Seahawks game” at least 3 times before they signed off. The Raiders-Seahawks game was being televised on CBS to a very small regional audience, and yesterday was a FOX doubleheader week. Surely Mr. Hanson knew that the Raiders-Seahawks would not be available if they switched over to their CBS affiliate (60 minutes was). Again I don’t blame him for this faux pas, but I do find his explanation rather disingenuous.

View: https://twitter.com/scotthanson/status/1597062314376589312?s=46&t=1H6Uf4v4qBY0hsrpwD49mQ

• Haha
Reactions: madmadworld
Meanwhile in first world problems.

Man, the Patriots managed to blow that game against the Vikings. Errors, failures, penalties, etc... All the stuff they rarely did when they were winning. There was a mistake by the refs that could have made a difference, but ultimately, the Patriots could have won the game if not for some lapses in concentration.

Meanwhile in first world problems.

Man, the Patriots managed to blow that game against the Vikings. Errors, failures, penalties, etc... All the stuff they rarely did when they were winning. There was a mistake by the refs that could have made a difference, but ultimately, the Patriots could have won the game if not for some lapses in concentration.

I’m assuming the ref “mistake” you’re referring to was the overturned Hunter Henry touchdown? In real time I didn’t think it was a catch, and even more so in instant replay. Yes, his hand was under the ball when it hit the ground, but he momentarily juggled it when he went secure it. But I do think you nailed the biggest problem- the Patriots just don’t/can’t win these type of games anymore. It sucks, but it’s the new reality.

I’m assuming the ref “mistake” you’re referring to was the overturned Hunter Henry touchdown?
The missed face mask on the sack of Jones late in the game that would have extended the drive and given them 15 yards.
In real time I didn’t think it was a catch, and even more so in instant replay. Yes, his hand was under the ball when it hit the ground, but he momentarily juggled it when he went secure it.
I was pondering whether it was a reception, but because of where it was received after the bobble, it wasn't a touchdown, but I simply don't understand what is and isn't a catch anymore. The rules in the NFL are just too complicated.
But I do think you nailed the biggest problem- the Patriots just don’t/can’t win these type of games anymore. It sucks, but it’s the new reality.
Nine Super Bowls in the past couple of decades? They can afford to not win for a while. It was a competitive game. Pats could have won. I'm happy. :)

I think it's one of the rarest circumstances, but I would have been OK with that being a catch and the rules updating as much (not in that order, I mean wouldn't mind the rules being updated for that circumstance).

Should it matter if it touches the ground as long as it's not aiding the catch / is in control? The weird circumstance here being when he rolled over it then came loose, but after the ground contact.

One of the wilder missed calls I've ever seen happened this week:

View: https://twitter.com/sanjit__t/status/1597101612891537409?s=21

Nine Super Bowls in the past couple of decades? They can afford to not win for a while. It was a competitive game. Pats could have won. I'm happy. :)

I sincerely commend your attitude (I REALLY do- in fact I wish my fandom could be more like that), but when you’re in the midst of investing 3-4 hours of your time in watching the game, I kinda want to see a payoff once in a while (this problem of not winning close games has been 3 years running now).

I think it's one of the rarest circumstances, but I would have been OK with that being a catch and the rules updating as much (not in that order, I mean wouldn't mind the rules being updated for that circumstance).

Should it matter if it touches the ground as long as it's not aiding the catch / is in control? The weird circumstance here being when he rolled over it then came loose, but after the ground contact.

One of the wilder missed calls I've ever seen happened this week:

View: https://twitter.com/sanjit__t/status/1597101612891537409?s=21

Hey, it is Seattle and the “12th man” after all.

• Haha
I’m assuming the ref “mistake” you’re referring to was the overturned Hunter Henry touchdown? In real time I didn’t think it was a catch, and even more so in instant replay. Yes, his hand was under the ball when it hit the ground, but he momentarily juggled it when he went secure it. But I do think you nailed the biggest problem- the Patriots just don’t/can’t win these type of games anymore. It sucks, but it’s the new reality.
I hope it is next week! lol

Reactions: BillD1984
I can’t believe the NFL didn’t flex out of this Sunday night’s Colts-Cowboys game, when they have an outstanding Dolphins-49ers game buried in the 4:05 ET window. Chiefs-Bengals is already locked in as the main 4:25 ET game, so why not move what could potentially be one of the better games of the year so more eyeballs can see it?

The Cowboys, by far, have the most geographically illogical fans of any team. No network is going to give up a Dallas game, even if it were two 16-0 meeting in the last week of the season as the alternative.

Reactions: BillD1984
The Cowboys, by far, have the most geographically illogical fans of any team. No network is going to give up a Dallas game, even if it were two 16-0 meeting in the last week of the season as the alternative.

We all know that is the real reason for no flex, but year after year the NFL keeps feeding the same BS when it comes to the flex protocols. To a lesser degree, I think that’s why the NFL hasn’t flexed out Week 14’s Broncos-Chiefs SNF game (the deadine to do that is today). Like the Cowboys, Patrick Mahomes is ratings gold, but who wants to watch that train wreck Broncos team on national TV for the umpteenth time?

Reactions: AZ. and SamCdbs
When are they ever going to go back to a catch is a catch ... if you catch the damn ball and go out of bounds and you didn't drop it, its a catch.

Pickens for the Steelers had two passes in a row that he caught, that were nit picked and turned into No Catch.
99% of the time the Player KNOWS if he caught it.

This slightly moved, should Not determine a catch or not .... did the ball slightly move .... did he Not Drop the ball ... its a Catch. I'm not talking about clearly juggling, that is usually obvious, while going out of bounds.

In bounds, he juggled the ball, did he hang on to it .. did it touch the ground ... no, then its a catch.

Reactions: BillD1984 and AZ.
I can’t believe the NFL didn’t flex out of this Sunday night’s Colts-Cowboys game, when they have an outstanding Dolphins-49ers game buried in the 4:05 ET window. Chiefs-Bengals is already locked in as the main 4:25 ET game, so why not move what could potentially be one of the better games of the year so more eyeballs can see it?

Because it's the COWBOYS ..... :( :eeeko_O