SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
In the NFL Draft, there are at least three things I pay attention to:

1. Who will be the top picks?

2. Who will be a steal?

3. Who will be a bust?

The NFL Draft bust is something that occurs on a frequent basis: all-world college player that many think will make it big, but ends up faring poorly in the pros.

The most frequently-mentioned names in this department: Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandarich, Akili Smith, Charles Rogers, and Andre Ware.

For this, I ask two questions:

1. Who are the biggest busts in NFL Draft history?

2. Who is the biggest draft bust that your team chose?

2. Who will be a steal?

3. Who will be a bust?

The NFL Draft bust is something that occurs on a frequent basis: all-world college player that many thing will make it big, but ends up faring as well as the pros as me.

So many to chose from in the Lion's history. I'll get back to you on this one. BTW, I assume were talking about first rounders?

I'll nominate Tony Mandarich (Green Bay)for the first Q. They left Barry Sanders on the board for us.

[/B]
So many to chose from in the Lion's history. I'll get back to you on this one. BTW, I assume were talking about first rounders?

I'll nominate Tony Mandarich (Green Bay)for the first Q. They left Barry Sanders on the board for us.

Yes, this will be about first-rounders.

It's hard to find a draft bust that got drafted much later in the Draft.

2. Who will be a steal?

3. Who will be a bust?

The NFL Draft bust is something that occurs on a frequent basis: all-world college player that many think will make it big, but ends up faring poorly in the pros.

The most frequently-mentioned names in this department: Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandarich, Akili Smith, Charles Rogers, and Andre Ware.

1. Ki-jana carter (I know spelled wrong), Brian Bosworth, David Terell (very highly thought of michigan WR) just to name a few.

2. Lions--Oh gosh were do I start. Aaron Gibson, Reggie Rogers, Juan Roque, Terry Fair to name a few

1. Two of the first three QB's of '99 (first three picks)- Akili Smith, Tim Couch

2. Eagles - first that comes to mind is Fred-Ex (Freddie Mitchell) - wait how could I forget a top ten pick - Mike Mamula!

Let's see:

1. Tony Mandrich

2. Akili Smith, Kijana Carter, David Klingler.............Anyone but Carson Palmer when the Bengals have one of the first 5 picks.

Did anyone see the Tony Mandarich interview on ESPN? He said he used to practice with syringes and bottles hidden in his jockstrap. OMG! :eek: He also admitted cheating on several drug tests including before the Rose Bowl, so for all the people who love to defend athletes who haven't failed a drug test, I present Tony Mandarich.

For the Giants, I can think of one guy off the top of my head. What about Ron Dayne? Former Heisman Trophy winner, Thunder and Lightning with Tiki Barber, yeah right. Thunder and Lightning turned out to be a slight drizzle. Barber was fine but Dayne was a bust.

Recently, I would have to say Robert Gallery for the Raiders.....that year, they COULD HAVE HAD Larry Fitzgerald...but NNNNNOOOOOO.......!!!:mad::mad: THIS is was one of the reasons that has somewhat cemented my hatred toward Big Ten football....damn do they overhype their offensive linemen sometimes...!!!:mad::p

1. Ki-jana carter (I know spelled wrong), Brian Bosworth, David Terell (very highly thought of michigan WR) just to name a few.

2. Lions--Oh gosh were do I start. Aaron Gibson, Reggie Rogers, Juan Roque, Terry Fair to name a few

I didn't find Terry Fair to be a bust, but he was injured often.

for now i'm going to answer the last question. here are the draft busts for the fins that i can remember:

in the order i see them

1- yatil green rd1

2-john beck rd2

3-jamar fletcher rd1

4-john avery rd1

5-billy milner rd1

6-jason allen rd1

7-sammie smith rd1

8-j.j. johnson rd2

9-rob konrad rd2

10-eddie moore rd2

11-travis daniels rd4

i'm sure there's more but that's what comes to mind and at the top of the draft. i'm sure the fins have more busts in the 3 to 7th rounds........

to answer this question 1. Who are the biggest busts in NFL Draft history?

3 names come to mind

1- ryan leaf :rolleyes: what a head case!

2- tony mandarich pure hype. he did have a decent career with the colts when he came back for 3 years. :) retired after that.

3- golden boy rick mirer the next montana :rolleyes:

Pats worst pick of all time (taking when they picked under consideration) was Kenneth Sims- D-Lineman out of Texas, with the first overall pick in the 1982 draft.

Seriously Rey, I don't that's an exaggeration at all.

The Patriots were the worst run organization in SPORTS in the early '90's. They were lucky to draw 30,000 fans to that dump they called a football stadium, and the management was the laughingstock of the NFL.

It seemed like every day, in the early '90's, there was another Pats to St. Louis or Pats to California rumor.

Three things turned the organization around and kept the team in New England:

1. They hired Bill Parcells as head coach, and more importantly, to oversee the football operations.

2. After endless debate, Parcells decided to draft Bledsoe over Mirer........THANK GAWD!!!

3. Robert Kraft purchased the team................and the rest is history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)