NFL Draft Busts

Seriously Rey, I don't that's an exaggeration at all.

The Patriots were the worst run oranization in SPORTS in the early '90. They were lucky to draw 30,000 fans to that dump they called a football stadium, and the management was the laughingstock of the NFL.

It seemed like every day, in the early '90's, there was another Pats to St. Louis or Pats to California rumor.

Three things turned the organization around and kept the team in New England:

1. They hired Bill Parcells as head coach, and more importlantly, oversee the football operations.

2. After endless debate, Parcells decided to draft Bledsoe over Mirer........THANK GAWD!!!

3. Robert Kraft purchased the team................and the rest is history.

i was waiting for you to post those 3 sentences. i'm with you 100%. I remember what Bill P. did for the Pats when he go there. taking them to their 1st SB since 86 was a great turnaround for this franchise. only good things have come since then for the pats. what a well run organization that is and has been since Bill P and Robert K took over;). and of course having one of the better coaches in the game doesn't hurt either ;)

i was waiting for you to post those 3 sentences. i'm with you 100%. I remember what Bill P. did for the Pats when he go there. taking them to their 1st SB since 86 was a great turnaround for this franchise. only good things have come since then for the pats. what a well run organization that is and has been since Bill P and Robert K took over;). and of course having one of the better coaches in the game doesn't hurt either ;)

You got it, my friend........Parcells, Bledsoe and Kraft saved professional football in New England! :) :up

I have another another draft bust.

One of the most underrated NFL Draft busts- Aundray Bruce, the #1 pick in the 1988 Draft.

He doesn't have the notoriety of Leaf or Mandarich, but he was a classic case of "Why the hell was he drafted that high?".

He was a speedster who sacked the QB (think Pat Swilling), but probably went 10-15 positions too high.

If you're going to take a linebacker that high, he has to be really good- the only ones that got picked high and delivered were Bruce Smith, Lawrence Taylor, Mike Singletary, and Mean Joe Greene.

I have another another draft bust.

One of the most underrated NFL Draft busts- Aundray Bruce, the #1 pick in the 1988 Draft.

He doesn't have the notoriety of Leaf or Mandarich, but he was a classic case of "Why the hell was he drafted that high?".

He was a speedster who sacked the QB (think Pat Swilling), but probably went 10-15 positions too high.

If you're going to take a linebacker that high, he has to be really good- the only ones that got picked high and delivered were Bruce Smith, Lawrence Taylor, Mike Singletary, and Mean Joe Greene.

add brian bosworth to that list. an over hyped LB out of OK 1987 rd1

I'm sorry, but Bob Kraft is the anti-Christ. Using Hartford as a pawn to get the new stadium in Foxboro was despicable.

Cosmo,
I don't blame you AT ALL for feeling that way, I've stated that here on a couple of occasions. If I lived in the Hartford area I'd feel the same way.

He used Hartford, and that was VERY shameful! :eek:

Seriously Rey, I don't that's an exaggeration at all.

The Patriots were the worst run organization in SPORTS in the early '90's. They were lucky to draw 30,000 fans to that dump they called a football stadium, and the management was the laughingstock of the NFL.

It seemed like every day, in the early '90's, there was another Pats to St. Louis or Pats to California rumor.

Three things turned the organization around and kept the team in New England:

1. They hired Bill Parcells as head coach, and more importantly, to oversee the football operations.

2. After endless debate, Parcells decided to draft Bledsoe over Mirer........THANK GAWD!!!

3. Robert Kraft purchased the team................and the rest is history.

I'm sorry, but Bob Kraft is the anti-Christ. Using Hartford as a pawn to get the new stadium in Foxboro was despicable.

Cosmo,
I don't blame you AT ALL for feeling that way, I've stated that here on a couple of occasions. If I lived in the Hartford area I'd feel the same way.

He used Hartford, and that was VERY shameful! :eek:

I was reading this thread and your saying the St. Louis Patriots and I was like "what are you talking about"? lol
The Pats were a horrible franchise that bounced back but I dont know how I feel about the whole Hartford thing. I was disappointed at first when they didnt come here but I think I heard that even if they landed in Hartford, the stadium wasnt going to be built or something.

How could you take anything former Gov. Rowland said seriously when this happened. USATODAY.com - Former Gov. Rowland gets a year in prison for graft

So THAT'S where Jerry Reinsdorf got that from......He used poor ole Tampa Bay(before they had the Rays) the same way to get that hospital like stadium he called NEW Comiskey Field.:mad::rolleyes:

The Pats were a horrible franchise that bounced back but I dont know how I feel about the whole Hartford thing. I was disappointed at first when they didnt come here but I think I heard that even if they landed in Hartford, the stadium wasnt going to be built or something.

How could you take anything former Gov. Rowland said seriously when this happened. USATODAY.com - Former Gov. Rowland gets a year in prison for graft
But, the Patriots debacle happened before we knew about any of the corruption stuff...

Recently, I would have to say Robert Gallery for the Raiders.....that year, they COULD HAVE HAD Larry Fitzgerald...but NNNNNOOOOOO.......!!!:mad::mad: THIS is was one of the reasons that has somewhat cemented my hatred toward Big Ten football....damn do they overhype their offensive linemen sometimes...!!!:mad::p

Joe Thomas has worked out nicely for us. (Made the Pro-Bowl in both his first two seasons). Sorry you're organization can't judge talent accurately. Don't take it out on the Big-10! :mad::p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts