NFL Draft Busts

In the NFL Draft, there are at least three things I pay attention to:

1. Who will be the top picks?

2. Who will be a steal?

3. Who will be a bust?

The NFL Draft bust is something that occurs on a frequent basis: all-world college player that many think will make it big, but ends up faring poorly in the pros.

The most frequently-mentioned names in this department: Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandarich, Akili Smith, Charles Rogers, and Andre Ware.

For this, I ask two questions:

1. Who are the biggest busts in NFL Draft history?

2. Who is the biggest draft bust that your team chose?

That one is hard to call until after the draft, see as I don't know when anybody will be picked. "Steals" are usually later round picks.

I'll add another name to my "bust" list - Ryan Leaf.

That one is hard to call until after the draft, see as I don't know when anybody will be picked. "Steals" are usually later round picks.

I'll add another name to my "bust" list - Ryan Leaf.

Steals...Like a Terrel Davis, who I think was around the sixth round? and Tom Brady who I also think was a sixth round pick, no one knew what he would end up doing, but he did have a solid career at Michigan, he just had to share time with Henson due to the man crush, lloyd Carr had on him. Kind of ironic he is on the lions roster.

In 51 years of following Lion's football(?), it would be shorter to list the #1st rd. picks that actually panned out for them. Just sad. Decade after decade of ineptitude. I think I'm going to puke.

he was around for a long time. solid back for many years.

Yup, Parcells drafted him for the Pats in '95. After three very productive years with the Patriots, Parcells signed him to a huge contract with the Jets.

The Pats didn't have another marquee back until they signed Corey Dillon prior to the 2004 season (Antwoine Smith was very serviceable, and Robert Edwards had that freak accident on the beach in Hawaii during Pro Bowl week).

Recently, I would have to say Robert Gallery for the Raiders.....that year, they COULD HAVE HAD Larry Fitzgerald...but NNNNNOOOOOO.......!!!:mad::mad: THIS is was one of the reasons that has somewhat cemented my hatred toward Big Ten football....damn do they overhype their offensive linemen sometimes...!!!:mad::p

I may be wrong, but I don't seem to remember Gallery playing in the BIG 10. Anybody remember what school he played for?

Scratch that, he played at Iowa. My bad.

In 51 years of following Lion's football(?), it would be shorter to list the #1st rd. picks that actually panned out for them. Just sad. Decade after decade of ineptitude. I think I'm going to puke.

Chris Spielman was one that defiantly panned out.
He was either a first or second round pick, can't remember.

Jimbo

Chris Spielman was one that defiantly panned out.
He was either a first or second round pick, can't remember.

Jimbo

1st round I believe, he and Bennie Blades were drafted that year. Blades was a solid player here as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts