NFL Network and DISH reach new multi-year carriage agreement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT

NFL Network and NFL RedZone Restored on DISH TV and SLING TV prior to the first Sunday of the 2020 NFL Season

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Sept. 13, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- NFL Media and DISH Network Corporation today announced that the two parties have reached a new carriage agreement for NFL Network and NFL RedZone. Distribution of both networks has been restored on DISH TV and SLING TV (as part of the Sling TV Blue package) in time for the first Sunday of the 2020 NFL regular season.

"We join millions of NFL fans who are thrilled to see NFL Network and NFL RedZone back on DISH and SLING TV in time for the 2020 NFL season," said Hans Schroeder, EVP and chief operating officer of NFL Media. "Our goal is to provide NFL fans everywhere the opportunity to view award-winning coverage of America's favorite sport and DISH and SLING TV are important partners in that mission."

"We're excited to have reached an agreement that benefits all parties, most importantly our customers and NFL fans," said Andy LeCuyer, DISH's senior vice president of programming. "Thank you for your patience and understanding as we worked through the negotiations."

Completion of the agreement provides DISH TV and SLING TV subscribers nationwide with the chance to tune into the very best of NFL programming around the 2020 NFL Season.

NFL Network brings year-round NFL content to fans including live exclusive games, popular live studio shows such as Good Morning Football, NFL GameDay Morning, NFL Now and NFL Total Access, plus award-winning original content series such as NFL 360 and America's Game.

Hosted by Scott Hanson, NFL RedZone provides live coverage of all the best NFL action from across the country and every touchdown from every game on Sunday afternoons during the NFL season. For more information on NFL RedZone, please visit NFL.com/redzone.

NFL content continues to dominate the media landscape. According to the Nielsen Company, 183 million people tuned into the 2019 NFL regular season representing 69 percent of all television homes and 59 percent of potential viewers in the U.S. NFL games accounted for 47 of the 50 most-watched TV shows among all programming in 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Never certain when Ergen bails on sports or not. NFL is a biggie, so it makes sense.

Doesn’t seem to be updated on the app yet. Can’t select dish network as my TV provider.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assumed this would be dragged out until Thursday afternoon.

Nope no Red Zone on Thursday. That’s the important channel to Dish.

The NFL Network is just fluff 99% of the year. But people subscribe just for the red zone so they don’t need to pay for the Sunday Ticket.

I knew early last week that a deal was close but was told to expect something on Friday or Saturday.

The announcement implies that both channels are on Sling Blue. NFL Network was sling blue, Red Zone was an extra. This change?

Nope no Red Zone on Thursday. That’s the important channel to Dish.

The NFL Network is just fluff 99% of the year. But people subscribe just for the red zone so they don’t need to pay for the Sunday Ticket.

I knew early last week that a deal was close but was told to expect something on Friday or Saturday.

I figured the complaints would trail in when customers weren't able to see Thursday Night Football.

Thursday Night Football always has an odd broadcast schedule. Looks like Week 1 was NBC. Weeks 2, 3 and 4 are NFL Network and the rest of the season is NFL Network, Fox and Amazon Prime.

Reactions: 120inna55

NFL Network and NFL RedZone Restored on DISH TV and SLING TV prior to the first Sunday of the 2020 NFL Season

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Sept. 13, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- NFL Media and DISH Network Corporation today announced that the two parties have reached a new carriage agreement for NFL Network and NFL RedZone. Distribution of both networks has been restored on DISH TV and SLING TV (as part of the Sling TV Blue package) in time for the first Sunday of the 2020 NFL regular season.

"We join millions of NFL fans who are thrilled to see NFL Network and NFL RedZone back on DISH and SLING TV in time for the 2020 NFL season," said Hans Schroeder, EVP and chief operating officer of NFL Media. "Our goal is to provide NFL fans everywhere the opportunity to view award-winning coverage of America's favorite sport and DISH and SLING TV are important partners in that mission."

"We're excited to have reached an agreement that benefits all parties, most importantly our customers and NFL fans," said Andy LeCuyer, DISH's senior vice president of programming. "Thank you for your patience and understanding as we worked through the negotiations."

Completion of the agreement provides DISH TV and SLING TV subscribers nationwide with the chance to tune into the very best of NFL programming around the 2020 NFL Season.

NFL Network brings year-round NFL content to fans including live exclusive games, popular live studio shows such as Good Morning Football, NFL GameDay Morning, NFL Now and NFL Total Access, plus award-winning original content series such as NFL 360 and America's Game.

Hosted by Scott Hanson, NFL RedZone provides live coverage of all the best NFL action from across the country and every touchdown from every game on Sunday afternoons during the NFL season. For more information on NFL RedZone, please visit NFL.com/redzone.

NFL content continues to dominate the media landscape. According to the Nielsen Company, 183 million people tuned into the 2019 NFL regular season representing 69 percent of all television homes and 59 percent of potential viewers in the U.S. NFL games accounted for 47 of the 50 most-watched TV shows among all programming in 2019.

Thats great, now on to getting the Fox regionals back, right after monkeys fly out of my behind. Well a guy can dream can't he. I miss the Cardinals and will miss the Blues when new season starts. Maybe if there's a merger............................

The announcement implies that both channels are on Sling Blue. NFL Network was sling blue, Red Zone was an extra. This change?
The answer is no. NFL Network is Blue. Red Zone with the Sports add-in for $10 more.

Might be too little, too late. I imagine the die-hard Redzone fans had already left before Sunday given that Fubo and YTTV now offer that. Not sure how many others stuck around. There’s only 17 weeks in the NFL season so every Sunday counts!

Might be too little, too late. I imagine the die-hard Redzone fans had already left before Sunday given that Fubo and YTTV now offer that. Not sure how many others stuck around. There’s only 17 weeks in the NFL season so every Sunday counts!
Rookies. Long-term subs who have been through the disputes in the past knew it would be a last minute resolution..... ;)

I know YTTV offers a 7 day trial. If someone jumped ship only because of the dispute, they weren't thinking straight. If you're that worried about not having it for Week 1, sign up for the 7 day trial of YTTV on Friday or Saturday. Then you're ready either way. It's not like there's equipment that needs to be installed.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I know YTTV offers a 7 day trial. If someone jumped ship only because of the dispute, they weren't thinking straight. If you're that worried about not having it for Week 1, sign up for the 7 day trial of YTTV on Friday or Saturday. Then you're ready either way. It's not like there's equipment that needs to be installed.
You are assuming that everyone has a streaming device that can add the YTTV app. There are tons of folks out there that simply turn on their TV and expect the channels they wish to view to be there and don't have any desire to stream anything. So, for those folks there is equipment to be installed and a cost that comes with it.

You are assuming that everyone has a streaming device that can add the YTTV app. There are tons of folks out there that simply turn on their TV and expect the channels they wish to view to be there and don't have any desire to stream anything. So, for those folks there is equipment to be installed and a cost that comes with it.
Or their tablet or their phone or their laptop. And I'm referring to people who left Dish because of this and went to YTTV. So they must have had some kind of device.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)