NFL Network Leaving AT100 Package

The only reason besides the broadcasted games that I liked the NFL Network and what hurts the most is being able to come home and sit down with a beer and watch the replays without all the junk in between. Hell you could catch a couple of games in the time it took to watch a whole game and sometimes your team would be in the mix. What I won't miss is Deion Slanders and Marshall Squakbox idiot comments and arrogance. Is Sanders a mannequin? He sits there glowing choppers and all very still and its like someone pulls his string to get him to talk. I can do without it for a while anyway during the next 6 months and see if they add it back on. If not I will probably upgrade because they are still cheaper. And the warden says she may like a few extra channels becasue TLC, and a couple of others have really became pathetic.

I decided that today I'd call and complain. The 1st csr just kept repeating herself over & over, so I spoke with her supervisor.

After stating my case, he gave me AT200 free for 6 months. A nice gesture.

I went further to inquire about Sci-Fi & USA in HD. He seemed somewhat honest and sincere, saying that those 2 channels in particular are on the forefront, but the greater HD emphasis is adding more locals in high def.

So, fellow AT100 subscribers that lost your NFL Network. Call & let them know what you think! ;)

I decided that today I'd call and complain. The 1st csr just kept repeating herself over & over, so I spoke with her supervisor.

After stating my case, he gave me AT200 free for 6 months. A nice gesture.

I went further to inquire about Sci-Fi & USA in HD. He seemed somewhat honest and sincere, saying that those 2 channels in particular are on the forefront, but the greater HD emphasis is adding more locals in high def.

So, fellow AT100 subscribers that lost your NFL Network. Call & let them know what you think! ;)

Consider yourself one of the lucky few!!!

DISH is lying to customers. They are claiming it was a "free 2-year preview" that has now ended, but they never posted the NFL Network on the preview channel, and listed it on their laminated channel cards as a regularly featured channel. Plus the NFL Network wasn't even added to the AT60 (now AT100) package until 7/06. So much for 2 years.

Contact DISH to complain, and while you're at it, contact the NFL Network to complain. I am sure there is plenty of blame to go around.

From a press release dated June 26, 2006 posted on DISH Network :: Investor Relations - News Release=

DISH Network & NFL Network Ink Broad Pact; Deal Includes Live Games to All Customers, Plus Full-Time High Definition Feed
NEW YORK, Jun 26, 2006 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and NFL Network today announced a multi-year extension to bring many new advanced features to customers of EchoStar's DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service. These features include availability on DISH Network's America's Top 60; 168 games televised nationally including NFL Network's regular season primetime game package debuting this Thanksgiving; and full-time carriage of NFL Network's high-definition feed.
"Our renewed partnership with NFL Network allows us to continue to offer DISH Network customers advanced services at affordable prices," said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of programming for DISH Network. "NFL Network in America's Top 60 package allows DISH Network to bring this service to our customers at the lowest price in the industry, further strengthening the choice of our programming options."
"DISH Network is a terrific partner who has embraced NFL Network wholeheartedly," said Brian Decker, NFL Network's vice president of national accounts. "We look forward to continuing to drive positive results for its business and customers."
Beginning July 13, NFL Network will be available to DISH Network customers on Channel 154 on the America's Top 60 package ($29.99 per month) or above. NFL Network has been located on DISH Network Channel 154 since last September and is currently available to customers subscribing to America's Top 120 package or above.
Additionally, DISH Network will televise NFL Network's regular season primetime games nationally on both standard definition and high-definition feeds. DISH Network, offering the largest HD lineup in the U.S. with 29 channels, will make NFL Network's 24-hour high-definition feed available to DishHD Bronze and higher customers on a year-round basis on Channel 9426.
With NFL Network's exclusive access into key league events, football fans will have access to nearly 2,000 original hours of programming on NFL Network. Customers can subscribe to DISH Network by visiting DISH Network -- Home, calling 1-800-333-DISH (3474) or visiting a local DISH Network retailer.
About EchoStar
EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 12.2 million satellite TV customers through its DISH Network(TM), the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at DISH Network -- Home or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).
About NFL Network
In 2006, NFL Network will air 168 football games, including 8 primetime regular season NFL games, 52 preseason games, 75 game re-airs, 31 NFL Europe League contests, the Insight Bowl and the Senior Bowl.
NFL Network airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis and is the first television network fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football. For more information, log onto www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/home.
SOURCE: EchoStar
EchoStar
Kathie Gonzalez, 720-514-5351
or
NFL Network
Seth Palansky, 212-450-2422

Well, 11+ million customers don't have HD and don't care whether Dish carries any or not. A whole lot of people don't like sports or only care about their local team. 200 tier is the most popular one the have and so the majority of people who actually know or care that there is an NFL network didn't see a change in their programming last week at all.
Dish is less expensive (even with the fees) than anything else out there for me, they have a really good product, and they still have channels that I watch that Direct or cable doesn't have.
You can rant and rave all you want. But my guess is the majority of Dish customers don't feel the way you do. I sure am glad you aren't in charge of my tv viewing! :rolleyes: And my guess is that you "dump" dish next month, they won't miss you either!
The difference is I don't really care if they miss me or not. I'm not leaving out of spite.,I'm leaving because I'm tired of the crap!.

I'm very disappointed in Dish Network. One of the main reasons why I left Comcast cable was because of not being able to get NFL Network as part of my package that cost me over $55 a month. I received a flyer in the mail about 2 months ago, and called dish network about what package I could get that came with NFL Network. I was assured that the package I chose came with it and was not told it was 'promotional' and would end soon. I find this to be deceitful of the salesperson and the company. I do not believe no one knew of this impending change, and being told it was moved to the 200 channel package because of its 'overwhelming popularity' is a crock.
Comcast warned me that this would happen and often does at Dish network but i didn't believe him at the time. Which channel is next, ESPN, Food network?? How long will it be before 90% of the channels I receive are in a foreign language I don't understand so I will be forced to upgrade?.
I'm stuck with it till I can afford to break the contract or it is up, which ever comes first. And I did read the fine print that any station may disappear without notice, I didn't assume it would only be the most popular ones.

When I called they said it was 'free preview'??..for over a year, and I didnt hear that when I was being sold the package. And yes, I am a football fan and it's off-season and yes, I needed to rant somewhere. I've had problems with customer support and billing the few months I've had it and my DVR had to be replaced already so I am not too happy.:mad:

thx for listening..

Comcast warned me that this would happen and often does at Dish network but i didn't believe him at the time. Which channel is next, ESPN, Food network?? How long will it be before 90% of the channels I receive are in a foreign language I don't understand so I will be forced to upgrade?.
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who heard this. I've heard this from several Former E* customers, But like you I didn't listen,and Had to find out the Hard way. It wasn't so much that they moved the NFL channel to the top200,It was because they are making us out to be idiots by saying NFL was a Free Preview,for the last 2 years. That just pissed me right off!

The 2 year "preview" probably was just a 2 year contract cheap rate for Dish. NFL network probably gave Dish a couple years cheap in the contract with the later years becoming more expensive. Dish probably decided the channel was not popular enough for the new $$ required and moved it up a tier to cut the number of subs and lower the bill down. They probably figure no one will miss it until next football season and they can negotiate again.

They will if enough people deside to. And to add insult to injury I just received my bill for the month and it was more. That really pissed me off after they removed the NFL Network and then slapped you in the face with an increase. I'm sure the complaints are starting to come in big time. Maybe that will turn some heads to investigate it further. That catch all idiotic phrase we can change programing with out notice should be dumped. And what ever happened to congress involvement with subscribers being able to select what they want in programming across the board? I remember that being a topic and possible intervention ( not that it a good thing all the time) by congress to pass legislation so people would have the option to select the channels they want and not be force fed or have channels crammed down their throats that they didn't want in the first place. The thing that really irritates you is the so called 50 or more music channels if you want to call them that as part of the big picture in the programming. False sense of getting more for what you pay for and thats a deception.

Congress is part to blame for this crap. They are the one's that pressured the NFL Network into allowing the broadcast of Giants vs. Pats on NBC and CBS. I'm sure that upset Dish very much and made them wonder if it was worth paying for this channel. NFL Network is very stupid in giving away the most important game in the network's history for free to NBC and CBS. They totally lost whatever leverage they had with that move.

Congress is part to blame for this crap. They are the one's that pressured the NFL Network into allowing the broadcast of Giants vs. Pats on NBC and CBS. I'm sure that upset Dish very much and made them wonder if it was worth paying for this channel. NFL Network is very stupid in giving away the most important game in the network's history for free to NBC and CBS. They totally lost whatever leverage they had with that move.

Actually, I think it is about time for Congress to take the NFL and knock it down a notch or two.

There ego and greed is really the problem here.

I think it is about time for Congress to reopen the idea of regulating the cable/satellite industry again, and make a push towards A La Carte programming.

While highly doubtful it will ever happen, due to the "kickbacks" they(Senators/Congressman) get from Lobbyists, i would still like to see it approached.

Time to put a little fear into the NFL, and it's hierarchy.

Agree that congress should step in but lets vote the thugs out of office first. I sent a complaint to the BBB in Colorado for false advertizement by Dish and suggest all who want to do the same. Funny also I just got my bill in the mail yeterday and the laminated card still had the NFL Network listed in the 100 package. The crackerheads didn't even remove it yet. Thats really dumb if you ask me. I'm almost getting the impression that this is a set up to piss enough fans off get millions of complaints so Dish can get what they want and then add the channel back on. Sad but they may lose out by people switching back to DTV or Cable. Its a conspiracy I tell you, a conspiracy. Nah just a thought.

Well, 11+ million customers don't have HD and don't care whether Dish carries any or not. A whole lot of people don't like sports or only care about their local team. 200 tier is the most popular one the have and so the majority of people who actually know or care that there is an NFL network didn't see a change in their programming last week at all.
Dish is less expensive (even with the fees) than anything else out there for me, they have a really good product, and they still have channels that I watch that Direct or cable doesn't have.
You can rant and rave all you want. But my guess is the majority of Dish customers don't feel the way you do. I sure am glad you aren't in charge of my tv viewing! :rolleyes: And my guess is that you "dump" dish next month, they won't miss you either!

Same here. AT100 is missing a few channels that I'd like to receive on a monthly basis (though the channel that started this thread isn't one of them), but for me it's the most affordable alternative at this point.

DirecTV's rates have gotten ridiculous, unless you count their introductory offers that disappear in 10 months or so after subscribing. I'll never go back unless Liberty Media accomplishes the impossible and slashes monthly fees.

Dish isn't alone in moving channels to higher tiers. In 2006, while I still had DirecTV, Fox Movie Channel was taken out of the Total Choice package that I subscribed to at the time.

Agree that congress should step in but lets vote the thugs out of office first. I sent a complaint to the BBB in Colorado for false advertizement by Dish and suggest all who want to do the same...

No thanks, I have better things to do. Plus it didn't affect me any so no complaint to send in anyway.

I sent a complaint to the BBB in Colorado for false advertizement by Dish and suggest all who want to do the same. Funny also I just got my bill in the mail yeterday and the laminated card still had the NFL Network listed in the 100 package. The crackerheads didn't even remove it yet.

Just wanted to point this out as stated in the Dish customer service agreement. We reserve the right to add, delete, rearrange and/or change any and all programming, programming packages and other Services that we offer, and our prices and fees related to such programming, programming packages and Services at any time, including without limitation during any term agreement period to which you have agreed under the terms and conditions of any other agreement with DISH Network.

The other part says that they will notify you if such a change happens, in that case a scroll on the channel is enough.

I have the top 250 so i am not effected by this change and i do feel for the ones that have had NFL for over 2 years. Dish is not handling this issue very well at all, programming changes happen and to be honest not all the reasons for a change should be made public knowledge, but letting customers belive that this was a free preview of NFL network is streching the truth just a little bit.

It just generates a confusing message for all of us and in some cases further fuels the fustration some have with Dish and their programming desisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)