NFL Network / NFL Redzone

$68 dollars a month is too much for redzone with the $140 I pay DISH to get it!!!! And DISH does not understand why I wont sign a 2 yr committment!!!! By the way if you get a free trial of Youtube TV, can you pay extra and get Redzone????
Locast with a vpn is much cheaper
You don't need redzone with locast and a vpn

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
He is specifically asking for Redzone not an individual football game.

You don't need redzone with locast and a vpn
Does Locast even have markets in every NFL team's territory? I know that they do not have Cleveland. Also, even with a VPN, how many times per day are you able to change your market in order to get different locals? It seems like that would be a very poor substitute for RedZone, and it would also require a lot more work, compared to simply tuning to one channel and leaving it there.

Does Locast even have markets in every NFL team's territory? I know that they do not have Cleveland. Also, even with a VPN, how many times per day are you able to change your market in order to get different locals? It seems like that would be a very poor substitute for RedZone, and it would also require a lot more work, compared to simply tuning to one channel and leaving it there.
You don't need to be in every teams home territory...its not baseball...every NFL game is on tv and they are regional...for example if you can get into sioux falls south Dakota..you can get the vikings

You don't need to be in every teams home territory...its not baseball...every NFL game is on tv and they are regional...for example if you can get into sioux falls south Dakota..you can get the vikings
Bad example since Locast actually does have Minneapolis, but okay, I'll bite...
That may work fine if the Browns are playing the Vikings, but what about when the Browns are playing the Chiefs, Saints, Titans, Panthers, Bengals, Steelers, or Jaguars, as just some examples. Yes, I know the coverage is regional, but Locast is not yet in every region. The in-market (or closest market) team will always take priority over any other regional coverage available, for any station showing NFL games. If a particular team is not very popular, and the stations have a choice, then that team's games may not be shown in very many markets other than the markets of the teams playing in that game. For example, in years when the Browns really sucked, the Columbus, Ohio stations would prefer to show the Bengals whenever possible. (Not that the Bengals were much better, but still...)

Bad example since Locast actually does have Minneapolis, but okay, I'll bite...
That may work fine if the Browns are playing the Vikings, but what about when the Browns are playing the Chiefs, Saints, Titans, Panthers, Bengals, Steelers, or Jaguars, as just some examples. Yes, I know the coverage is regional, but Locast is not yet in every region. The in-market (or closest market) team will always take priority over any other regional coverage available, for any station showing NFL games. If a particular team is not very popular, and the stations have a choice, then that team's games may not be shown in very many markets other than the markets of the teams playing in that game. For example, in years when the Browns really sucked, the Columbus, Ohio stations would prefer to show the Bengals whenever possible. (Not that the Bengals were much better, but still...)
You forgot something...fox,nbc,cbs and Monday night football...you dont just get 1 game...usually 3 games + sunday night...sometimes monday and lets not forget the crappy thursday games

You forgot something...fox,nbc,cbs and Monday night football...you dont just get 1 game...usually 3 games + sunday night...sometimes monday and lets not forget the crappy thursday games
True. There have been times when I would tune in to any random NFL game on Sunday, just to get the scores and highlights from the team that I wanted to follow. I am just saying that for someone who wants access to all of the games, or who wants to see every important play from one particular team's game, then that solution may not work for everybody.

True. There have been times when I would tune in to any random NFL game on Sunday, just to get the scores and highlights from the team that I wanted to follow. I am just saying that for someone who wants access to all of the games, or who wants to see every important play from one particular team's game, then that solution may not work for everybody.
Oh..gamblers..true..or what the NFL calls fantasy football leagues

Reactions: pattykay
I think streaming will continue to rise in price until it's fairly comparable to cable and satellite, then those two options will gain favor again. I mean, I'm paying $67.62 month including taxes for the Top 200 DISH and have DVR for four tuners. Isn't YTTV $65 now?

That price has to be unique to you since it says right on Dish’s website $84.99 even before a box fee and hence not a fair compariso.

I pay $0 for YTTV since I have been using my Amazon Credit Card points to buy Google Play gift cards, but that is unique to me and also not a fair comparison.

That price has to be unique to you since it says right on Dish’s website $84.99 even before a box fee and hence not a fair compariso.

I'm on a 2 year agreement, which as far as I know was available to everyone when I signed up for it. It was common knowledge on this website. To your point, it is a discounted price, but I've been getting discounted pricing from DISH for many years, as do others. So, it's not unique to me.

Here's the present 2 year agreement with pricing in which the Top 200 is $67.99 before taxes. There's no box fee and I would get a $5 discount for autopay which is already included in the $67.99 price.

If the NFL channels stays off Dish for a while, what is anyone really missing besides the Thursday night games? Is that Red Zone really worth what it costs?

For those that have Amazon Prime, beginning October 8, Prime will be showing the Thursday night games.

If the NFL channels stays off Dish for a while, what is anyone really missing besides the Thursday night games? Is that Red Zone really worth what it costs?

For those that have Amazon Prime, beginning October 8, Prime will be showing the Thursday night games.
Paying for a channel without receiving it, then having to pay another provider $65+ in order to receiver it?

The $13 per month for the Multi-Sport Pack? Yes, I would say it is worth that. It is even better if you can get a half-price offer on Multi-Sport, or better yet a freebie to cover at least part of the season. What is not worth the cost (to me) is the minimum qualifying basic programming package required in order to get Multi-Sport. If Dish could find a way to make RedZone available a-la-carte to everyone, or at least make the Multi-Sport Pack available to those of us with lower programming packages, then I think that they would have a real winner. :thumbup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)