NFL Network / NFL Redzone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was able to get Multi-Sport package free for four months last year, but can't remember how I went about that. I did an online chat a little while ago, and the best I was offered was $6.50 per month.

Reactions: pattykay
I was able to get Multi-Sport package free for four months last year, but can't remember how I went about that. I did an online chat a little while ago, and the best I was offered was $6.50 per month.
Was it for 6 months?.. ask for 3 months for free

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: pattykay
Was it for 6 months?.. ask for 3 months for free

I know I had it free from NFL week #1 thru week #17, the whole season, which was Sept 8 thru Dec 29 ... so, longer than 3-months, but shorter that 6-months ...

Did you ask regular customer service rep, or Dish retention number?

I know I had it free from NFL week #1 thru week #17, the whole season, which was Sept 8 thru Dec 29 ... so, longer than 3-months, but shorter that 6-months ...

Did you ask regular customer service rep, or Dish retention number?
Usually I chat...tell them how I miss my rsn...ask for any deals..they mention 1/2 price multisport..i ask about free for 3months...if they push back..i ask for a supervisor..then I get it...i usually do this in october

Maybe I cannot see the RedZone channel because I don't have the Multi-Sport package activated. Is Redzone still part of that package?
Dish uplinked a standard-def INFO channel for RedZone on channel 155 on Western Arc a couple of days ago:

Channels Now Available
155 INFO NFL Network Red Zone 110° TP 8 SD Hidden –
AVAILABLE

So, viewers on Western Arc should at least be able to see the standard info slate when the channel is not actually showing programming, even if they do not subscribe to the channel. Viewers on Eastern Arc would not see channel 155 at all without subscribing to it, since it is in HD-only on Eastern Arc.

Dish uplinked a standard-def INFO channel for RedZone on channel 155 on Western Arc a couple of days ago:

Channels Now Available
155 INFO NFL Network Red Zone 110° TP 8 SD Hidden – AVAILABLE

So, viewers on Western Arc should at least be able to see the standard info slate when the channel is not actually showing programming, even if they do not subscribe to the channel. Viewers on Eastern Arc would not see channel 155 at all without subscribing to it, since it is in HD-only on Eastern Arc.
Whoops, I just noticed that all of the RedZone channels in the uplink report still have the "Hidden" tag on them, even after today's changes. So, not even that SD slate channel would show up unless you actually subscribe to the channel. The slate channel for MLB Strike Zone remains unhidden, though, so I would expect Dish to do the same for NFL RedZone.

Assuming Starlink or one of their competitors is successful, rural broadband should be a more or less "solved" issue in the next few years.
Only if they change the laws of physics and figure a way to solve the " lag" issue...that is how long it takes light to be transmitted to the satellite and return..thats why satellite phones were never successful...you could only use them in walkie talkie mide

Reactions: charlesrshell
Only if they change the laws of physics and figure a way to solve the " lag" issue...that is how long it takes light to be transmitted to the satellite and return..thats why satellite phones were never successful...you could only use them in walkie talkie mide
Starlink are LEO sats so they don't have the lag problem. Tests are showing 20ms latency, better than most hardlines.

Starlink are LEO sats so they don't have the lag problem. Tests are showing 20ms latency, better than most hardlines.
Well...they constantly move...they must have some kind of soft handoff between sattelites..plus your going to need a really good line of sight to get a consistent signal..its like the old sirius radio satellites..granted they have alot more satellites but your dish will not be pointed at a specific location..you will need an array...will work great in the dakotas..but not so well where they have trees

.its like the old sirius radio satellites..
Sirius and Starlink are two completely different animals. Sirius uses 2 sats orbiting at 26k miles. Starlink with use 12000+ sats orbiting at 217 miles. Actual early beta tests have already shown leniency times of under 25ms with only 700 in orbit. Yes, there will be hand offs as you call them, the same as there are handoffs from node to node in landlines. No, you won't need a moving antenna, the antennas are phase array. Just as in sat TV, you will need some line of sight but with 20 different orbits you'll have options for that.

Sirius and Starlink are two completely different animals. Sirius uses 2 sats orbiting at 26k miles. Starlink with use 12000+ sats orbiting at 217 miles. Actual early beta tests have already shown leniency times of under 25ms with only 700 in orbit. Yes, there will be hand offs as you call them, the same as there are handoffs from node to node in landlines. No, you won't need a moving antenna, the antennas are phase array. Just as in sat TV, you will need some line of sight but with 20 different orbits you'll have options for that.
Starlink has no customers...2 way communication is far more complicated than the sirius one way broadcast...let me know when it actually is up and running...you still need a very good line of site

Starlink has no customers...2 way communication is far more complicated than the sirius one way broadcast...let me know when it actually is up and running...you still need a very good line of site

Starlink has no paying customers but they have plenty of beta testers right now...

Whoops, I just noticed that all of the RedZone channels in the uplink report still have the "Hidden" tag on them, even after today's changes. So, not even that SD slate channel would show up unless you actually subscribe to the channel. The slate channel for MLB Strike Zone remains unhidden, though, so I would expect Dish to do the same for NFL RedZone.
Getting back to the actual topic of this thread, the "Hidden" flag was removed from the SD feed of NFL RedZone today.
Other Changes
155 NFLRZ NFL Network Red Zone 110° TP 8 SD Instant Order – Hidden flag removed. (was SD Hidden)

Is Redzone now available just as an add-on on normal AT120 package? The webpage shows it available for 13.99 add-on in the table (DISH Satellite TV – Official Site | 1-855-318-0572) while AT 120+ and above AT bundles are offering it free till 1/1/21 for new customers? Looking to lock in a two year but only watch NFL and Redzone during the season and would like to save the extra cost of the 120+ upgrade for channels I would not watch for the two years.

Is Redzone now available just as an add-on on normal AT120 package? The webpage shows it available for 13.99 add-on in the table (DISH Satellite TV – Official Site | 1-855-318-0572) while AT 120+ and above AT bundles are offering it free till 1/1/21 for new customers? Looking to lock in a two year but only watch NFL and Redzone during the season and would like to save the extra cost of the 120+ upgrade for channels I would not watch for the two years.
That appears to be a mistake. It is already being discussed here: Multi Sport Pack in Top 120?
Notice that even for the packages that include Multi-Sport, it still lists NFL RedZone as a separate add-on for $13 per month. NFL RedZone is already included in Multi-Sport, so somebody screwed up when they made that chart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)