NFL Play-Offs 2015-16

Whoever wins tonight's game between the Arizona Cardinals & the Carolina Panthers will win the Super Bowl.
As much as I'm rooting for the Broncos and Peyton's 2nd Super Bowl ring, I feel that you are right. I just hope it isn't the embarrassment that the Broncos v. Seahawks Super Bowl four years ago.

And by that I mean a blowout is just poor TV.

Man, I love that Gronk. Pulled a "Ghost to the post" on 4th and 10 and made an amazing TD catch despite being doubled covered.

I cannot say I wanted the Patsies to win, but sure as s#i7 did NOT want the Donkeys to win. But the Donkeys made one more big play than the Patsies.

It felt like for most of the game the Pats were down by 3 touchdowns, and then I look up and they're down by 8 points. And you're right about the Gronk TD, first thing I thought of was Dave Casper. Gotta give credit to the Broncos defense. That is an elite NFL defense.

I see the Former Buckeyes are having a good time tonight !
Ted Ginn Jr. scored the first Carolina TD.
Corey Brown with the 2nd and lineman Andrew Newell playing well :D
Opps, I forgot Kurt Coleman as well ...

Also Bradley Roby playing well for the Broncos and TE Jeff Heurmann is also on the Denver squad, though I think he may be injured.

Last edited:
Looks like Arizona has dug itself a deep hole in the first quarter. Carolina looks polished as ever.

Edit: Wow! Does the announcer on Fox read SatelliteGuys? He just used the "Dug a deep hole to climb out of" metaphor.

It felt like for most of the game the Pats were down by 3 touchdowns, and then I look up and they're down by 8 points. And you're right about the Gronk TD, first thing I thought of was Dave Casper. Gotta give credit to the Broncos defense. That is an elite NFL defense.
I think the Denver D* played much better this week than last. (even thought they won last week as well)

The Patriots have a few needs going into the offseason. IMO, the priority order:

1. OL- without question their biggest need. It was a sieve for the majority of the season. If they want Brady to last 3 or 4 more years, this is a must!!

2. RB- I'm not one of these "you need to establish the run" in today's NFL, BUT you need SOMETHING back there to keep the defense honest. Getting a healthy Dion Lewis back will be huge, but I'm not sure he's an every down back

3. Outside WR- they need someone that's capable of catching a ball 20-25 yards downfield on a consistent basis, Brandon Lafell isn't cutting it. Frankly, they haven't had this since the Randy Moss days.

4. Depth in the secondary- Malcolm Butler, Logan Ryan, Patrick Chung and Devin McCourty were a MUCH better group than expected this year, but there isn't much behind them

Going into the draft, the strength of this Patriots team is on the defensive side of the ball

Last edited:
The Patriots have a few needs going into the offseason. IMO, the priority order:

1. OL- without question their biggest need. It was a sieve for the majority of the season. If they want Brady to last 3 or 4 more years, this is a must!!

2. RB- I'm not one of these "you need to establish the run" in today's NFL, BUT you need SOMETHING back there to keep the defense honest. Getting a healthy Dion Lewis back will be huge, but I'm not sure he's an every down back

3. Outside WR- they need someone that's capable of catching a ball 20-25 yards downfield on a consistent basis, Brandon Lafell isn't cutting it. Frankly, they haven't had this since the Randy Moss days.

4. Depth in the secondary- Malcolm Butler, Logan Ryan, Patrick Chung and Devin McCourty were a MUCH better group than expected this year, but there isn't much behind them

Going into the draft, the strength of this Patriots team is on the defensive side of the ball
So, 1st round pick on a O Lineman ?
Picking in the late 20s, they won't get who they might like, but they can find good ones there.
Or do you like a guy like Elliot or Henry at RB for them ... not sure if either of them will be there that late, but being RB's they may be.

So, 1st round pick on a O Lineman ?
Picking in the late 20s, they won't get who they might like, but they can find good ones there.
Or do you like a guy like Elliot or Henry at RB for them ... not sure if either of them will be there that late, but being RB's they may be.

Not necessarily the draft to try and fill all these holes. And NEVER use a 1st round draft pick on a RB

Belichick is taking a lot of heat here tonight for not kicking the FG with 6 minutes left and the Patriots trailing 20-12. I also thought they should have kicked the FG, but where I differ from most is the ensuing Broncos drive wouldn't have been as conservative if the Pats kicked the FG and were down by 5. A lot of people are saying that's what cost the Pats the game, and I say how can anyone predict the sequence if the Pats kicked the FG? Maybe the Broncos open it up a little and pick up a few first downs.....who knows? Where I do STRONGLY second guess is the clock management at the end of the first half. The Pats had the ball on their own 18 with 2:35 left. They run on first down for no gain, and the clock ticked down to the two minute warning. Then they decide to throw 2 passes (both incomplete), leaving Denver with both of their timeouts and a short field. They predictably kicked a FG to add to their lead. IMO, THAT was single biggest sequence of the game (obviously the missed PAT was huge). Since that Eagles game debacle, the Patriots clock management at the end of the first half has been deplorable!

My nephew just reminded me that I'm missing the Royal Rumble tonight while watching the Cardinals-Panthers game. Anyway, back to my train of thought.......
It is so obvious that two words are the reason why the Broncos should be the prohibitive favorites to win the Super Bowl, & those two words are......Peyton Manning. (Please don't laugh........yet) I mean, how can you go against a Peyton Manning team? I haven't felt this good about a Peyton Manning team since the Denver Broncos faced the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl two years ago..........oh wait............didn't the Seahawks beat the Broncos in that game..........badly?
Just because I'm a Denver Broncos' fan, that doesn't make me a Peyton Manning fan. Patriots fans, just imagine how conflicted you'd feel if Peyton decided to play one more season, AND Belichick signed him to back up Brady?

The Carolina Panthers seem to have that rare commodity that seems to be missing by the rest of the NFL, including the Broncos & Patriots, offensive linemen who can block & protect their QB. I almost forgot what that looks like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)