NFL Play-Offs 2015-16

Congratulations New England Patriots fans, your team is going....back to New England!

What a 'deflating' game for Tommy boy, I think I 'spied' a tear running down the cheek of the golden boy.

I guess if my team had 2 legit wins against a team in the last 14 seasons I'd have some schadenfreude against them also.

I gotta admit I felt the same way, but yesterday did something to me that I can't explain. I think Carolina is going to win big, but I really wouldn't be upset either way now. Like most of the country's neutral football fans, the biggest thing I'm rooting for now is a close game.

I just can't root for Denver. And believe it or not it has nothing to do with Peyton Manning. It's Von Miller.

But If CJ Anderson got a ring it would not bother me.

CZvnAs7WEAEPgF9.png

I guess if my team had 2 legit wins against a team in the last 14 seasons I'd have some schadenfreude against them also.

It has nothing to do with Wins or Losses. It has everything to do with shutting up loud mouth arrogant sports fans in Bah-stan, and shutting up the arrogant players who think they are untouchable. If Shady Brady didn't pout and cry every time something didn't go his way maybe the rest of the country wouldn't have a problem with him. Notice the other extremely successful players and teams generally don't generate the same level as disgust as Shady's Bunch, I wonder why. Newsflash, none of us are jealous like you want to believe, we're just sick of watching a crybaby prance around the field who wants to take his ball and go home every time something happens he doesn't like.

Reactions: boxmaninohky
I'm torn between wanting a Bronco win since it would almost certainly ensure Manning rides off in the sunset vs a satisfying self-inflicted as well as brutal dismantling of the Broncos like what happened against Seattle.

I will say that I didn't like the circumstances of how Peyton Manning ended up on the Broncos, although I have to admit that the person Peyton succeeded as QB was never going to take the Broncos to the "promised land(no pun intended)", much less to a record greater than 8-8, no matter how much "He Who Shall Not Be Named" Kool-Aid I'd drink. I was for the Broncos drafting Brock Osweiler though, & I was really excited when he finally got to start for the Broncos(I thought Kubiak's offense was tailor made for him & not Peyton Manning). Now it's back to Peyton & I'm blah about the Broncos again. I'd been a Broncos fan since I was stationed in the Denver area(Aurora) for the army 1982-83 & 1987-89, & especially after they got John Elway.

Cam Newton doesn't necessarily handle adversity well, so the Broncos defense can possibly confuse the Panthers offense & put Cam into a mental, cover his head with a towel, funk. Then Peyton Manning AND the Broncos running game just need to be good enough to win. Can the Broncos get into Cam Newton's head?

Ok, I'm going to do an about face & go with the Broncos. I believe that the Broncos defense can rattle Cam Newton. Now, like I said before, if Peyton Manning & the Broncos running backs play good enough, then the Broncos have a chance........IF, in what will make or break the Broncos, their receivers uncharacteristically hold onto the passes thrown to them. I'm talking to you, Demaryius Thomas. If the Broncos receivers drop passes left & right, forget about it, the Panthers win.

It has nothing to do with Wins or Losses. It has everything to do with shutting up loud mouth arrogant sports fans in Bah-stan, and shutting up the arrogant players who think they are untouchable. If Shady Brady didn't pout and cry every time something didn't go his way maybe the rest of the country wouldn't have a problem with him. Notice the other extremely successful players and teams generally don't generate the same level as disgust as Shady's Bunch, I wonder why. Newsflash, none of us are jealous like you want to believe, we're just sick of watching a crybaby prance around the field who wants to take his ball and go home every time something happens he doesn't like.

HaHa, The hatred in this one is strong.

I am in NO WAY, SHAPE or FORM rooting for the Donkeys because of my simpe hatred as a Raider fan that we have for the Donkeys. I am also not one of those whack jobs that root for my conference because one of our teams are represented in the playoffs. I root for 2 teams, MY team and whomever plays a team I hate.

TRUE football, and all sports fans for that matter, should go by the motto: the enemy of my enemy is my friend!:amen;):biggrin:clapping:yes:yessign

In 2016, Thursday games will be carried by CBS and NBC (5 games each), with NFL Network carrying the rest as well as simulcasting the first ten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in NO WAY, SHAPE or FORM rooting for the Donkeys because of my simpe hatred as a Raider fan that we have for the Donkeys. I am also not one of those whack jobs that root for my conference because one of our teams are represented in the playoffs. I root for 2 teams, MY team and whomever plays a team I hate.

TRUE football, and all sports fans for that matter, should go by the motto: the enemy of my enemy is my friend!:amen;):biggrin:clapping:yes:yessign
I'm still going to go with my assessment that the Broncos' defense can rattle Cam Newton. It all just depends on what Peyton Manning & the Broncos' offense can do whether the Broncos win the Super Bowl or not. If the Broncos' offense plays as poorly as they have done this season & against the Steelers in the Super Bowl, the Panthers will win in a possible close game.

I'm still going to go with my assessment that the Broncos' defense can rattle Cam Newton. It all just depends on what Peyton Manning & the Broncos' offense can do whether the Broncos win the Super Bowl or not. If the Broncos' offense plays as poorly as they have done this season & against the Steelers in the Super Bowl, the Panthers will win in a possible close game.
My assessment:
Both teams have very good defenses ...
I think Carolina's Offense has been much more consistent.

Carolina wins this one ...

My assessment:
Both teams have very good defenses ...
I think Carolina's Offense has been much more consistent.

Carolina wins this one ...
It'll be stupid offensive errors, like the Broncos receivers dropping balls thrown to them. that will defeat the Broncos, & that's something that Peyton Manning, or Brock Osweiler, cannot fix. The Broncos receivers are CONSISTENT, in dropping easy passes thrown to them. They could be covered from head to toe in illegal stick'em, & they'd still find a way to drop the ball.

It'll be stupid offensive errors, like the Broncos receivers dropping balls thrown to them. that will defeat the Broncos, & that's something that Peyton Manning, or Brock Osweiler, cannot fix. The Broncos receivers are CONSISTENT, in dropping easy passes thrown to them. They could be covered from head to toe in illegal stick'em, & they'd still find a way to drop the ball.
Sadly, it has happened to them on a regular basis.
This is were I gave Carolina the edge, hopefully a drop doesn't decide this game.

This was just Raider fan boy talking. All kidding aside, the Donkeys have a better defense than the Panthers...but the Panther offense as a whole is much, much better offensive. And a mobile QB...that will be the difference.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)