NFL Play-Offs 2015-16

THIS is why I said that the Denver Broncos defense [possibly] would get into Cam Newton's head

'Sore loser' Cam Newton comes under fire for STORMING OUT of press conference after losing the Super Bowl and throwing tantrums on the field once he realized he would lose
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eld-tantrums-clear-going-lose-Super-Bowl.html

Feeling a little "entitled" to that Super Bowl victory, Cam?

Cam Newton goes from Superman to Incredible Sulk in poor postgame showing
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cam-ne...-sulk-in-poor-postgame-showing-070021525.html

When Von Miller and the Broncos realized they had broken Cam Newton
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/von-mi...n-set-tone-for-broncos-defense-071049986.html

On the sixth snap of Cam Newton's Super Bowl, Von Miller charged at him from the edge, hit him face first and promptly ripped the football out of his hands. Just tore it out.

This was grown man stuff. This was violent, blunt-force defense. This was the best player on the Denver Broncos confronting the best player on the Carolina Panthers, and just taking what he wanted – the ball, the Super Bowl, his football soul for the next few hours.

"That play did it," Denver linebacker Brandon Marshall said. "That play rattled [Newton]. We got in his head like that. We got in his mind. He hasn't been harassed like that all season."

Look, I'm not gloating over the Broncos beating the Panthers, I wanted the Panthers to win, but Cam Newton made, IMHO questionable statements in the weeks before the Super Bowl. He brought race into the mix, talking about him being a black QB & the "lack of respect" given to black QB's, especially(mainly) him. THAT'S when I knew that the Broncos defense could, would, & did, get into his head. Statements that he made that showed signs of immaturity on his part, & reinforced the questions that people had about him being the 2011 number 1 overall draft pick. Before Cam Newton's name can be mentioned in the same breath as other elite QB's, Cam needs to GROW UP.

There are so many other articles about this, but I'm sure that you agree that I printed enough.

How can Cam win ?

He plays the kids game like a kid. he really cares about winning. how many times have we heard these guys just care about the $$$. this hurt him badly it seems lets hope he grows and his team, well unless he plays my Browns. lol

How can Cam win ?

He plays the kids game like a kid. he really cares about winning. how many times have we heard these guys just care about the $$$. this hurt him badly it seems lets hope he grows and his team, well unless he plays my Browns. lol
I just saw something in him that I thought that the Broncos defense could exploit. As for me, I was too busy looking at how poorly the Broncos offense was playing this season to fully appreciate how good their defense really was. The Broncos defense DID get into his head.
Even Deion Sanders got all over Cam Newton.

Deion Sanders lights up Cam Newton: 'You can't do that'
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...cam-newton---you-can-t-do-that-055241681.html

Denver Broncos players slam Cam Newton following Super Bowl win: 'He didn't want it'
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/denver-broncos-players-slam-cam-051205967.html

The Denver Broncos defense completely neutralized Cam Newton during Super Bowl 50, forcing two fumbles, one interception, and six sacks on the MVP en route to a 24-10 victory.

After the game, select members of the stingy Denver defense bashed Newton's play, too.

"He didn't want it," cornerback Aquib Talib said.

"That's the way he is," Danny Trevathan added. "Playing for himself."

THIS is why I said that the Denver Broncos defense [possibly] would get into Cam Newton's head

'Sore loser' Cam Newton comes under fire for STORMING OUT of press conference after losing the Super Bowl and throwing tantrums on the field once he realized he would lose
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eld-tantrums-clear-going-lose-Super-Bowl.html

Feeling a little "entitled" to that Super Bowl victory, Cam?

Cam Newton goes from Superman to Incredible Sulk in poor postgame showing
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cam-ne...-sulk-in-poor-postgame-showing-070021525.html

When Von Miller and the Broncos realized they had broken Cam Newton
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/von-mi...n-set-tone-for-broncos-defense-071049986.html

Look, I'm not gloating over the Broncos beating the Panthers, I wanted the Panthers to win, but Cam Newton made, IMHO questionable statements in the weeks before the Super Bowl. He brought race into the mix, talking about him being a black QB & the "lack of respect" given to black QB's, especially(mainly) him. THAT'S when I knew that the Broncos defense could, would, & did, get into his head. Statements that he made that showed signs of immaturity on his part, & reinforced the questions that people had about him being the 2011 number 1 overall draft pick. Before Cam Newton's name can be mentioned in the same breath as other elite QB's, Cam needs to GROW UP.

There are so many other articles about this, but I'm sure that you agree that I printed enough.
I for the most part avoid most of the Pre Game hype ... that said, it does appear that he brought most of it on himself.

Cam, you have to Earn that lofty status .... 1 good season doesn't make you a Star, even though the NFL has tried to anoint him.

Fwiw, I didn't watch the Post game either.

I haven't like Cam since college and I'm glad he got embarrassed. I've never been a fan of gloating or pouting and he does both.

It's never been a race thing for me either. There are plenty of white layers I dislike just as much and many black players that I love to watch. I just don't like showboating all that much or his personality in general.

Reactions: Jimbo and osu1991
Cam' s major problem right now is that he hasn't learned the truth in the cliche that there is no "I" in team. A lot of the things that he said pre-game, he should have waited post-game to say, after the Panthers had won. He had a lot of points, he just said them at the wrong time. It also made him look selfish, self centered, & thinking only about himself. Love or hate Peyton Manning, he knows how to carry himself, win or lose. I hope that he goes into coaching after he retires, because his mind for football would be wasted in the broadcast booth.
I'm sorry that I brought race into this, but Cam Newton said things that could have waited until after the Super Bowl, especially if the Panthers had won. That would have been the best forum then, & people would have listened. I just saw the immaturity in him that I knew the Broncos defense could possibly exploit & turn against him.

Peyton Manning = boring
what about his head growing like Barry Bonds the past few years ? lol
I didn't like the circumstances in how Peyton Manning became the Broncos' QB in the first place, & if it were my choice, Brock Osweiler would have started the Super Bowl instead of Peyton. But he has been gracious, & he admits that he wasn't the reason the Broncos won the Super Bowl. Both Peyton Manning AND Tom Brady are class acts, & Cam Newton could learn alot from both of them on how to carry yourself as a leader.

I don't know what some people were expecting. The great Tom Brady was having issues handling that fantastic defense and Cam is no Brady. I loved seeing the defenses battle and the broncos getting the win. Didn't want to see Peyton get his ass whooped again in the SB. I was falling asleep after the half but that was just because I had too much Jack........
Whisky-Smiley-88512.gif

How can Cam win ?

When Cam decides to grow up and make the game about having fun and not about HIM and his being Black, then people will start to respect him.

I really thought he had come a long way till the last few weeks when he decided it was all about what HE could do that "No Other could do". Pleeeese.

When Cam decides to grow up and make the game about having fun and not about HIM and his being Black, then people will start to respect him.

I really thought he had come a long way till the last few weeks when he decided it was all about what HE could do that "No Other could do". Pleeeese.
You want him to change to suit your standards. that's ............ whatever

he just thinks out loud I and others find it refreshing. hope he doesn't become introverted and boring.
it was the media who came on with the Black stuff not him. he knows he's black I'll bet

You want him to change to suit your standards. that's ............ whatever

he just thinks out loud I and others find it refreshing. hope he doesn't become introverted and boring.
it was the media who came on with the Black stuff not him. he knows he's black I'll bet
Oh no it wasn't the media ....
He came right out and said No one has done what I am doing.

Yes, I enjoy his exuberance, however his making statement that No One has Ever done what he's done is way over the top.

How about acting Like you've Been There ...

Oh, that's because till now he hasn't.