NFL Playoff Predictions

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Wildcard Round

Cincinnati 17, NY Jets 13- If you like defense, this is the game for you

Philadelphia 27, Dallas 21- Plain and simple: McNabb will do more to win this game than Romo

New England 27, Baltimore 17- Pats running game, led by a fresh Fred Taylor, will come up big here

Arizona 31, Green Bay 28- Whoever gets the ball last wins this one

Divisional Round

Philadelphia 38, New Orleans 35 (OT)- McNabb outduels Brees

Indianapolis 41, Cincinnati 17- this will get ugly early

Minnesota 30, Arizona 13- Peterson shreds the Cardinal D

San Diego 33, New England 13- Chargers get their revenge for Jan '07 playoff loss

Championship Sunday

San Diego 41, Indianapolis 37- Chargers win an instant classic

Philadelphia 21, Minnesota 16- Eagles complete the road trifecta

Super Bowl XLIV

San Diego 34, Philadelphia 21- LT, Rivers and those huge receivers prove to be too much for the road weary Eagles

Wildcard Round

Philadelphia 27, Dallas 21- Plain and simple: McNabb will do more to win this game than Romo

New England 27, Baltimore 17- Pats running game, led by a fresh Fred Taylor, will come up big here

Divisional Round

San Diego 33, New England 13- Chargers get their revenge for Jan '07 playoff loss

Championship Sunday

Super Bowl XLIV

San Diego 34, Philadelphia 21- LT, Rivers and those huge receivers prove to be too much for the road weary Eagles
I might change a few scores, but this sounds pretty plausible to me. I'd pick it the same way. :up

I'll take:

NYJ over CIN
DAL over PHI (despite a rematch of last week, DAL is clearly firing on all cylinders now)
NE over BAL
GB over ARI (GB has the momentum and Warner is sack-shy, kinda like Jim Zorn was near the end of his QB career).

Those are my picks for this weekend.

My picks... and appropriate hedging statements

Jets - It's theirs to lose, if they have to rely on Sanchez, they likely wont. If they go down early will be tough for them to come back
Packers - Cardinals are so banged up, hard to pick them
Cowboys - Will have to find a new and creative way to lose this one with the way the team is playing
Patriots - Ravens (specifically Ray Rice with the entire team on his back) have been pretty good, but Patriots are so tough at home

Wildcard Round

Divisional Round

Championship Sunday

Super Bowl XLIV

Hope you guy's can stop Ray Rice :)

Wildcard Round

From the ridiculous............................

....................to the sublime !!! :eek:

And I had the Eagles going to the Super Bowl!?!?!? :confused:

From the ridiculous............................

....................to the sublime !!! :eek:

And I had the Eagles going to the Super Bowl!?!?!? :confused:

Ya, I think I would have left Vick in for a few series with how bad McNabb was playing, actually the offense was, not only McNabb

Round 2

My Picks:

New Orleans over Arizona (unless Ariz.'s D shows up, but I don't see that happening with Brees back there).

Minnesota over Dallas ..... upset special, Run AP Run :):):) , also I dislike Dallas :)

San Diego over the NY Jets, Jets, Jets .... Sorry NY, but your up with the Big Boys now.

Indy over Baltimore , possibly a shootout ? maybe not ? Baltimore's D is good, but not as good as previous seasons and Peyton can move the ball on anybody if he has time.

Cardinals over Saints - No team has gone 0-3 going into the playoffs and won the Super Bowl, the Saints march will stop here.
Dallas over Vikings - Hottest team in the NFC will continue to roll
Chargers over Jets - Hottest team in the AFC will continue to roll, but this should be a good game. I think the Chargers get a lead and force the Jets to rely on Sanchez to make plays, and then the rookie will look like one.
Ravens over Colts - The Colts let up off the gas to end the season and it will show, the youth of the team won't look like it did when it was in mid-season form.

Only team who just had a bye that I expect to win is the Chargers.

This means the AFC/NFC championship will be:

Ravens @ Chargers
Cardinals @ Dallas

...and I'd pick both home teams there, with the Chargers over the Cowboys in a pretty good Super Bowl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)