NFL Playoff Predictions

:p

Starting with the excuses already? :D

Sandra

San Diego is supposed to have perfect weather all year round. Wouldn't it be fitting for weather to play a factor in the luckiest team in the playoffs advancing even further? I'm beginning to think the Jets are a team of destiny. ;)

San Diego is supposed to have perfect weather all year round. Wouldn't it be fitting for weather to play a factor in the luckiest team in the playoffs advancing even further? I'm beginning to think the Jets are a team of destiny. ;)

You want some cheese with all that whine???? ;)

This is football, it's played in all weather. Man Up for a change!

Sandra

Bengals
Cowboys
Patriots
Packers

not nessisarily in that order!!!...;)

and not even close...1-3 :eek::eek::mad:

Can only go up from here with these pearls...;)

Saints
Colts (of course)...:D
Vikings
Chargers

I hope I didn't hex anybody!!!...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hedging my predictions, if it rains (they just revised the forecast, probably wont rain until the evening) then the Jets take out the Chargers, and if the rest of my predictions hold then im picking all 4 home teams to lose, bleh.

I debated whether or not to share the latest NY Post cover and torment Sandra even further, but what the hell. This board needs spicing up today! :devil: :D

Braylon-Edwards-Jets-Catch-the-Ball.jpg

My Divisional Round picks..................after my 1-3 disaster last week!! :eek:

New Orleans 48, Arizona 27- Brees will have a field day

Indianapolis 28, Baltimore 10- Colts get out to an early lead and take the Ravens out of their game plan

Dallas 17, Minnesota 13- Cowboys got the monkey off their backs last week

San Diego 24, NY Jets 16- Jets defense keeps this close for 3 quarters

I debated whether or not to share the latest NY Post cover and torment Sandra even further, but what the hell. This board needs spicing up today! :devil: :D

OK, somebody clearly does not get the concept of playoff football. Then again, why would a person from Cleveland understand the playoffs? ;)

The Jets make the playoffs and win a game on the road...there is not much that can torment a Jet fan right now. Even a blowout loss to San Diego would render the season a huge success. Would it be nice if Edwards would catch each and every ball thrown his way? Of course, but if he doesn't and the Jets still win...trust me, only you care. :rolleyes:

I know Braylon Edwards means everything to you, but to Jet fans, he's just one of 53...

You want to torment a Jet fan? Tell him or her the last 12 months was a dream and Mangini is really still the coach. Now that's a horror movie!!! ;)

Sandra

OK, somebody clearly does not get the concept of playoff football. Then again, why would a person from Cleveland understand the playoffs? ;)

The Jets make the playoffs and win a game on the road...there is not much that can torment a Jet fan right now. Even a blowout loss to San Diego would render the season a huge success. Would it be nice if Edwards would catch each and every ball thrown his way? Of course, but if he doesn't and the Jets still win...trust me, only you care. :rolleyes:

I know Braylon Edwards means everything to you, but to Jet fans, he's just one of 53...

You want to torment a Jet fan? Tell him or her the last 12 months was a dream and Mangini is really still the coach. Now that's a horror movie!!! ;)

Sandra

Take away all the draft picks and free agents brought in by Mangini and you aren't in the same position you're in now.

Personally, I'm starting to warm up to Mangini. I wasn't sure about him at first, but he's growing on me. I just think he's an easy target by the media and some fans. Sure he's chubby. Sure he's shy. I still think he's a solid coach.

Take away all the draft picks and free agents brought in by Mangini and you aren't in the same position you're in now.

Personally, I'm starting to warm up to Mangini. I wasn't sure about him at first, but he's growing on me. I just think he's an easy target by the media and some fans. Sure he's chubby. Sure he's shy. I still think he's a solid coach.

...and sure, Braylon Edwards has a big playoff game this weekend, while Cleveland has put their balls away and gone home for the winter.

Oh, the Cleveland torment! :D :dev

Sandra

...and sure, Braylon Edwards has a big game this weekend, while Cleveland has put away their balls and gone home for the winter.

Sandra

Cleveland fans are doing fine. Thanks to Holmgren and Heckert, we're organizing a formidable staff. Building from the top down if you will. We're happy with the direction we're heading and the hands we're in. :p

Cleveland fans are doing fine. Thanks to Holmgren and Heckert, we're organizing a formidable staff. Building from the top down if you will. We're happy with the direction we're heading and the hands we're in. :p

Enjoy the game Sunday! :neener :D

Sandra

You sure do give Mangini a lot of credit for a lot of GM responsibilities... If I were a Browns fan, starting DA for a good chunk of the season and basically scuttling the team's hopes at a recovery/playoffs as a result would be enough for me to wish the guy the hell away from my team. That's a coaching-type decision, not GM. Or is it believed that's all on Kokinis or something (his hand picked boss... so really comes back to him anyways)?

You sure do give Mangini a lot of credit for a lot of GM responsibilities... If I were a Browns fan, starting DA for more than half the season and intentionally scuttling the team as a result would be enough for me to wish the guy the hell away from my team. That's a coaching-type decision, not GM. Or is it believed that's all on Kokinis or something (his hand picked boss... so really comes back to him anyways)?

I'm sure Mangini was a part of the discussions on who to draft. Most coaches are. I'm not giving him all the credit, but he is deserving of at least some. And some is a long cry from the bunch of nothing that Jet fans give him.

You sure do give Mangini a lot of credit for a lot of GM responsibilities... If I were a Browns fan, starting DA for a good chunk of the season and basically scuttling the team's hopes at a recovery/playoffs as a result would be enough for me to wish the guy the hell away from my team. That's a coaching-type decision, not GM. Or is it believed that's all on Kokinis or something (his hand picked boss... so really comes back to him anyways)?

Oh, let Cleveland carry some hope into next year, as speculative as it is. It's all they've got! ;)

Sandra

...and sure, Braylon Edwards has a big playoff game this weekend, while Cleveland has put their balls away and gone home for the winter.

Sandra

Enjoy the game Sunday! :neener :D

Sandra

J-E-T-S.... JETS.... JETS....JETS!!!! :D

Go Fireman HD! :D

Sandra

Would this be a good time to mention that the Jets play the Browns next season?

OK, I almost never make predictions unless I'm pretty sure my team is going to lose and, all joking aside...I'm pretty sure my team is going to lose.

I'm not saying the Jets have zero chance to win, but the chance is very small. MAYBE if they win the turnover battle and/or a key member of the Chargers (or two) gets injured or something they'll have a shot, but otherwise I don't see how it will happen.

There are too many ways the Chargers can win...

1. Sanchez can implode

2. Despite being the number one defense in the league, the Jets defense has this bad habit of letting up late drives that lose games, and Phillip Rivers is a late drive kind of guy.

3. The one weak part of the Jets is their return coverage, and Darren Sproles can win this game by himself.

4. The Jets defense just does not match up well with Antonio Gates.

5. If the Jets get down by two scores in the first half, the chances of number one happening go up significantly.

6. If something happens to Darrelle Revis, all bets are off.

To me this adds up to a huge potential for a 14+ point Charger victory.

That said, should about 150 things fall into place and the Jets actually win...please don't come here with excuses. As Sam Wyche so eloquently said...this isn't Cleveland!

I don't want to hear about weather. If you're not able to play in bad weather in January, even the San Diego version of bad weather, you don't deserve to win anyway.

I also don't want to hear about how lucky the Jets are they played the Chargers, who can't win the big one. Or about bad calls like Miami people, who still wine like little girls about a pass interference call. Act your age and deal with it!

You never hear me complain about judgement calls by a referee against my team. Ever. Calls are part of the game...sometimes they go for you, sometimes against you...they all even out in the long run.

I do think anything except the Jets giving up a two touchdown fourth quarter lead will be a huge stepping stone for Sanchez, Ryan, and the rest of this young team. And will make them a better team the next time they make the playoffs.

I also don't care if Braylon Edwards drops ten passes and that contributes to the loss. Unless Edwards somehow turns himself into a Super Bowl hero, he won't be here next year anyway. At the time they traded for him he was the only breakaway receiver available. The Jets knew what they were getting.

As msteve pointed out, whether the Jets pass to Edwards or not, whether he catches balls thrown to him or not, he still stretches the defense and gives the running game and short passing game a better chance to be successful. If the occasional drop is the price you have to pay for that, we'll take it.

Next year Mr T will be looking for a better breakaway receiver anyway...one who can actually catch the ball.

One other thing, the City is ready to annoint Rex Ryan. I mean seriously. If the Jets lose he'll still be respected because of what they've accomplished, but if they somehow win he will take over the City. A Giant fan's worst nightmare. ;)

As for the other games, no predictions but...

Give Dallas a huge advantage in Minnesota. What the Vikings did to the Giants was a mirage...the Giants were not an NFL team at that time. I think somebody posted something when the Giants were 5-0 questioning if they were really any good, I just can't remember who it was...;)

Everything else the Vikings did at the end of the season was bad.

No idea what to expect from the Saints. You're guess is as good as mine.

Would like to see 18 win another Super Bowl, but if the Ravens can somehow pull it off the Jets could get a home game next week. Minimal chance for that, of course (the Jets would have to win too!), but if it does happen they will be playing before one of the loudest, most raucous crowds in the history of football.

Sandra

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts