NFL Playoff Predictions

Saints over Cardinals- I think Arizona will be emotionally spent. I've seen teams lay it all out one week, then struggle the next. Also, the Cardinal defense didn't exactly dominate- they gave up 45 points!

Colts over Ravens- I don't see Baltimore beating a #1 seed two years in a row. Flacco has shown me nothing in these playoffs so far.

Vikings over Cowboys- I think the homefield makes a huge difference

Chargers over Jets- Sooner or later, Sanchez is bound to turn the ball over.

Saints over Cardinals- I think Arizona will be emotionally spent. I've seen teams lay it all out one week, then struggle the next. Also, the Cardinal defense didn't exactly dominate- they gave up 45 points!

Colts over Ravens- I don't see Baltimore beating a #1 seed two years in a row. Flacco has shown me nothing in these playoffs so far.

Vikings over Cowboys- I think the homefield makes a huge difference

Chargers over Jets- Sooner or later, Sanchez is bound to turn the ball over.

I hope ALL your picks are correct :)

As for your thoughts on the Jets / Chargers .....

The Chargers are a much better all around team than the Jets, Sanchez playing great or not.

'Zona vs. New Orleans: The Cards are riding high after last week, but they'll need another near perfect offensive performance to get past the Saints on the road. I don't see that happening though as the 'Zona secondary is too injury riddled. Saints in a route.

Baltimore vs. Indy: The battle of stolen teams. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Rats won this game. They are the more well balanced team. Baltimore has a capable defense as well as a strong running game which will be key to running the clock down and keeping Peyton and company off the field. Plus, the Colts haven't played a meaningful game in over a month. Look for early signs of rust from the Colts, while the Ravens come in here still riding high from last weeks win. This is my upset pick of the week. Baltimore over Indy in a close one.

Dallas vs. Minny: Wow. This one is the marque game of the week IMO. The Cowboys are playing the best football in the league right now, but the Vikings were my pick to go all the way from the very beginning. Both teams are well balanced, but I think experience (Favre) and home field advantage (Minny) tips the scale in the Vikings favor. Vikes in a close one.

NY Jets vs. San Diego: The Jets have arguably the best defense in the league. But it's still not enough to contain the San Diego Super Chargers. Revis can only cover 1 guy. He may lock down V-Jack, but what about Gates, LaDainian & Sproles? Chargers roll in this one. Just not enough fire-power on offense for the Jets.

Too much love for the Bolts here. You guys have me worried. I don't want the boys to think that all they have to do is throw their helmets on the field and the Jets will forfeit.

Too much love for the Bolts here. You guys have me worried. I don't want the boys to think that all they have to do is throw their helmets on the field and the Jets will forfeit.

I wouldn't worry. The Jets are the weakest team left in the playoffs. And I just don't see how Philip Rivers, being the great leader he is, let's his team suffer a letdown. He'll have his boys ready, don't worry.

Obviously the Jets have no chance in this game. The Jets are not only the weakest team left in the playoffs, they are definitely one of the weakest teams in the league. Except for Cleveland of course...

I'm not even sure if they should bother making the cross-country trip. The Chargers are too big, too fast, too Phillip Rivers, too Pacific Ocean, too bumper-to-bumper traffic, too blue, too 70 degrees, too Coronado Bridge, and too too for the Jets. Should be no contest.

After my trip to Cabo the Cleveland guys (and lots of Giant fans) told me the Jets had no business being in the playoffs. Told me the only reason they are there is because Jim Caldwell and Marvin Lewis let them get in. Told me the Bengals could have killed the Jets that night at the Meadowlands if they felt like it...they just didn't feel like it. And in the playoffs, they'll feel like it.

Kinda funny how fans of such rotten football teams became instant experts, but hey, they were in the country when it all went down and I wasn't, so I bowed to their greater knowledge. The Jets are clearly no better than the 20th best team in football, rookie head coach, rookie QB, history (and Cleveland) tells us they can't win a road playoff game....

Except they actually played the game. ;)

Sandra

Last edited:
:up:angel:
Obviously the Jets have no chance in this game. The Jets are not only the weakest team left in the playoffs, they are definitely one of the weakest teams in the league. Except for Cleveland of course...

I'm not even sure if they should bother making the cross-country trip. The Chargers are too big, too fast, too Phillip Rivers, too Pacific Ocean, too bumper-to-bumper traffic, too blue, too 70 degrees, too Coronado Bridge, and too too for the Jets. Should be no contest.

After my trip to Cabo the Cleveland guys (and lots of Giant fans) told me the Jets had no business being in the playoffs. Told me the only reason they are there is because Jim Caldwell and Marvin Lewis let them get in. Told me the Bengals could have killed the Jets that night at the Meadowlands if they felt like it...they just didn't feel like it. And in the playoffs, they'll feel like it.

Kinda funny how fans of such rotten football teams became instant experts, but hey, they were in the country when it all went down and I wasn't, so I bowed to their greater knowledge. The Jets are clearly no better than the 20th best team in football, rookie head coach, rookie, QB, history (and Cleveland) tells us they can't win a road playoff game....

Sandra

Kinda funny how fans of such rotten football teams became instant experts, but hey, they were in the country when it all went down and I wasn't, so I bowed to their greater knowledge. The Jets are clearly no better than the 20th best team in football, rookie head coach, rookie, QB, history (and Cleveland) tells us they can't win a road playoff game....

Sandra

a bit dramatic are we this morning sunshine? :)

Kinda funny how fans of such rotten football teams became instant experts, but hey, they were in the country when it all went down and I wasn't, so I bowed to their greater knowledge. The Jets are clearly no better than the 20th best team in football, rookie head coach, rookie QB, history (and Cleveland) tells us they can't win a road playoff game....

Sandra
Wow!

The Jets are better than I thought they were, but they're getting destroyed this weekend. Mark it down.

Oh my goodness, Mr Yo-Yo is calling ME dramatic!?!?!? :eek: :D

Sandra

1. I acknowledged your defense (especially Revis) and run game are great. That's what got you this far.

2. You WERE handed a playoff ticket like it or not. Even your coach thought it was impossible. Yes you won the right amount of games to get there, but you also played the two teams you needed to lose at the end of the season and they rested their players. Lose to the Colts and the Jets are sitting home right now watching on TV. Do you really think your Jets would've won if Peyton and company played the whole game?

3. I never said Cincy would "destroy" your Jets. Cincy was hardly the team they were at the beginning of the season. They peaked a long time ago and just weren't the same heading into the playoffs. I expected your Jets to win last week. As for this week though, it's a different story. Not trying to be mean, I'm just being brutally honest.

4. Good luck this week. This is the NFL after all. The league of parity. Any given Sunday, right? :)

2. You WERE handed a playoff ticket like it or not.

I like it. Beats changing your coach and/or front office every year. ;)

Even your coach thought it was impossible.

Keep it in context. When Ryan said the Jets were eliminated he thought they were actually mathematically eliminated. He was wrong. It's not like he said 'we have no chance against the Colts so we're eliminated.'

Yes you won the right amount of games to get there, but you also played the two teams you needed to lose at the end of the season and they rested their players. Lose to the Colts and the Jets are sitting home right now watching on TV. Do you really think your Jets would've won if Peyton and company played the whole game?

Any given Sunday, right? This is the league of parity, after all, right? ;)

And the game score was 15-10 in the third quarter BEFORE Peyton came out...........right?

3. I never said Cincy would "destroy" your Jets. Cincy was hardly the team they were at the beginning of the season. They peaked a long time ago and just weren't the same heading into the playoffs.

Then why are you assuming they would have beaten the Jets in week 17 if they didn't rest some of their starters? :confused:

I expected your Jets to win last week.

But you're sure the Bengals would have won the week before? :confused:

As for this week though, it's a different story. Not trying to be mean, I'm just being brutally honest.

I'm honest too. I really think the Jets will not be in the game for very long. BUT this will give Sanchez and the rest of the rookies and young guys invaluable playoff experience as they head into next season. Ryan too.

Perhaps with a couple of extra pieces (breakaway WR, stud pash-rushing DL) the Jets can be special next year...and regardless of this week's result they'll be playoff-tested. The Jets aren't far away from being very good. But like any team they'll also be a couple of injuries (Kris Jenkins, Leon Washington) away from a losing streak too...

Sandra

I like it. Beats changing your coach and/or front office every year. ;)

Oh, diss. You got me there! :rolleyes: :)

Keep it in context. When Ryan said the Jets were eliminated he thought they were actually mathematically eliminated. He was wrong. It's not like he said 'we have no chance against the Colts so we're eliminated.'

Is this.... oh, what do they call it?.... Spin?! :D

And the game score was 15-10 in the third quarter BEFORE Peyton came out...........right?

Refresh my memory will you... How many come from behind victories did #18 have this year? 6, 7 or 8? I lost count.

But you're sure the Bengals would have won the week before? :confused:

No. Never said that. Go back and read again. The game in question was the Colts game. You needed both wins. I saw you beating the Bengals, but not the full staffed Colts.

I'm honest too. I really think the Jets will not be in the game for very long. BUT this will give Sanchez and the rest of the rookies and young guys invaluable playoff experience as they head into next season. Ryan too.

Agree. Experience is a valuable tool, especially for Sanchez and the young bucks. :up

Perhaps with a couple of extra pieces (breakaway WR, stud pash-rushing DL) the Jets can be special next year...and regardless of this week's result they'll be playoff-tested. The Jets aren't far away from being very good. But like any team they'll also be a couple of injuries (Kris Jenkins, Leon Washington) away from a losing streak too...

Sandra

Perhaps. Your team has been built the right way and has a lot of talented young stars. As much as you hate on Mangini, you really should give him some credit for drafting some of your core players in: D'Brick, Mangold, Revis, etc. He really set you guys up nice for the future.

Is this.... oh, what do they call it?.... Spin?! :D

Actually, it's called the truth. Call Ryan a moron if you like (goodness knows I have), but he really thought they were mathematically eliminated at the time he said that. ;)

Ryan has many faults, but under-confidence that is not one of them. :rolleyes:

Refresh my memory will you... How many come from behind victories did #18 have this year? 6, 7 or 8? I lost count.

What happened to 'Any Given Sunday'? You can't apply to some games and not others. ;)

Sandra

Actually, it's called the truth. Call Ryan a moron if you like (goodness knows I have), but he really thought they were mathematically eliminated at the time he said that. ;)

Ryan has many faults, but under-confidence that is not one of them. :rolleyes:

What happened to 'Any Given Sunday'? You can't apply to some games and not others. ;)

Sandra

Fine, "Any Given Sunday", but not "4 Given Sundays in a Row".

This week, Sanchise will lose his glass slipper and turn into a pumpkin. :p

Fine, "Any Given Sunday", but not "4 Given Sundays in a Row".

We're not talking about 4 Sundays in a row. We're talking about that one particular Sunday, December 27. ;)

This week, Sanchise will lose his glass slipper and turn into a pumpkin. :p

This I agree with, but hopefully it will still be a good learning experience for him.

Sandra

The National Weather Service predicts a stormy pattern for San Diego developing Sunday. Not good news for a finesse team like the Bolts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)