NFL Playoff Predictions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Would not be surprised to see the Jets pull one off again, I think the colts will win, but when you can run and play D like the Jets good things happen

'Zona vs. New Orleans: The Cards are riding high after last week, but they'll need another near perfect offensive performance to get past the Saints on the road. I don't see that happening though as the 'Zona secondary is too injury riddled. Saints in a route.

Baltimore vs. Indy: The battle of stolen teams. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Rats won this game. They are the more well balanced team. Baltimore has a capable defense as well as a strong running game which will be key to running the clock down and keeping Peyton and company off the field. Plus, the Colts haven't played a meaningful game in over a month. Look for early signs of rust from the Colts, while the Ravens come in here still riding high from last weeks win. This is my upset pick of the week. Baltimore over Indy in a close one.

Dallas vs. Minny: Wow. This one is the marque game of the week IMO. The Cowboys are playing the best football in the league right now, but the Vikings were my pick to go all the way from the very beginning. Both teams are well balanced, but I think experience (Favre) and home field advantage (Minny) tips the scale in the Vikings favor. Vikes in a close one.

NY Jets vs. San Diego: The Jets have arguably the best defense in the league. But it's still not enough to contain the San Diego Super Chargers. Revis can only cover 1 guy. He may lock down V-Jack, but what about Gates, LaDainian & Sproles? Chargers roll in this one. Just not enough fire-power on offense for the Jets.

2-2

OK, I almost never make predictions unless I'm pretty sure my team is going to lose and, all joking aside...I'm pretty sure my team is going to lose.

I'm not saying the Jets have zero chance to win, but the chance is very small. MAYBE if they win the turnover battle and/or a key member of the Chargers (or two) gets injured or something they'll have a shot, but otherwise I don't see how it will happen.

There are too many ways the Chargers can win...

1. Sanchez can implode

2. Despite being the number one defense in the league, the Jets defense has this bad habit of letting up late drives that lose games, and Phillip Rivers is a late drive kind of guy.

3. The one weak part of the Jets is their return coverage, and Darren Sproles can win this game by himself.

4. The Jets defense just does not match up well with Antonio Gates.

5. If the Jets get down by two scores in the first half, the chances of number one happening go up significantly.

6. If something happens to Darrelle Revis, all bets are off.

To me this adds up to a huge potential for a 14+ point Charger victory.

That said, should about 150 things fall into place and the Jets actually win...please don't come here with excuses. As Sam Wyche so eloquently said...this isn't Cleveland!

I don't want to hear about weather. If you're not able to play in bad weather in January, even the San Diego version of bad weather, you don't deserve to win anyway.

I also don't want to hear about how lucky the Jets are they played the Chargers, who can't win the big one. Or about bad calls like Miami people, who still wine like little girls about a pass interference call. Act your age and deal with it!

You never hear me complain about judgement calls by a referee against my team. Ever. Calls are part of the game...sometimes they go for you, sometimes against you...they all even out in the long run.

I do think anything except the Jets giving up a two touchdown fourth quarter lead will be a huge stepping stone for Sanchez, Ryan, and the rest of this young team. And will make them a better team the next time they make the playoffs.

I also don't care if Braylon Edwards drops ten passes and that contributes to the loss. Unless Edwards somehow turns himself into a Super Bowl hero, he won't be here next year anyway. At the time they traded for him he was the only breakaway receiver available. The Jets knew what they were getting.

As msteve pointed out, whether the Jets pass to Edwards or not, whether he catches balls thrown to him or not, he still stretches the defense and gives the running game and short passing game a better chance to be successful. If the occasional drop is the price you have to pay for that, we'll take it.

Next year Mr T will be looking for a better breakaway receiver anyway...one who can actually catch the ball.

One other thing, the City is ready to annoint Rex Ryan. I mean seriously. If the Jets lose he'll still be respected because of what they've accomplished, but if they somehow win he will take over the City. A Giant fan's worst nightmare. ;)

As for the other games, no predictions but...

Give Dallas a huge advantage in Minnesota. What the Vikings did to the Giants was a mirage...the Giants were not an NFL team at that time. I think somebody posted something when the Giants were 5-0 questioning if they were really any good, I just can't remember who it was...;)

Everything else the Vikings did at the end of the season was bad.

No idea what to expect from the Saints. You're guess is as good as mine.

Would like to see 18 win another Super Bowl, but if the Ravens can somehow pull it off the Jets could get a home game next week. Minimal chance for that, of course (the Jets would have to win too!), but if it does happen they will be playing before one of the loudest, most raucous crowds in the history of football.

Sandra

Congratulations to Sandra and the NY Jets! You won't hear any excuses from me. The Jets won fair and square and made a believer out of me. I'm shocked as hell, but the Jets proved to be the better team. I was a harsh critic and went on about the path they took to get into the playoffs, but all that talk is moot now. Your team deserves to be here and for two consecutive weeks proved so. :up

Congratulations to Sandra and the NY Jets! You won't hear any excuses from me. The Jets won fair and square and made a believer out of me. I'm shocked as hell, but the Jets proved to be the better team. I was a harsh critic and went on about the path they took to get into the playoffs, but all that talk is moot now. Your team deserves to be here and for two consecutive weeks proved so. :up

:up :)

This Rex Ryan guy is starting to grow on me after all...

Sandra

Sandra
congratulations. they have a real shot at the superbowl. they've convinced me that they did belong in the playoffs after all. if colts win it will not be easy. in the meantime rookie qb sanchez is acquiring very valuable playoff experience that will payoff in the near future.

Sandra

I bet that's not the first time, "Rex Ryan" and "growing" have been used in the same sentence. ;)

PS. As a Browns fan, it gives me great optimism for our coaches former team to be having so much success. I hope Mangini builds the Browns into a playoff team like he did your Jets! ;) :D

I bet that's not the first time, "Rex Ryan" and "growing" have been used in the same sentence. ;)

PS. As a Browns fan, it gives me great optimism for our coaches former team to be having so much success. I hope Mangini builds the Browns into a playoff team like he did your Jets! ;) :D

Listen, whatever gets you through your football day is fine by me, but I think you give Mangini way too much credit for 'building' the Jets. Mr T makes the personnel decisions for the Jets.

Of course, the Jets traded up this past April for the rights to draft Mark Sanchez, securing the #5 overall pick from none other than Mangini and Cleveland! So Mangini certainly gets credit for Sanchez being on the Jets. ;)

Different topic, but Mangini is one weird guy. He named his son, born in October 2008, after Brett Favre. Very strange.

Sandra

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)