NFL preseason 2010-2011 Official discussion thread!

OK, now im surprised. The Chargers aren't going to give RB Sproles a RFA tender, they're going to let him become a free agent.

The Chargers do not think Sproles can be an every down back.

Sandra

I thought he did damn well taking over for LT last year.
Count me in as being surprised at letting him go too.

I didn't think there was any reason he couldn't be their change of pace back, or part of a multiple RB-attack that so many teams successfully employ. He can't be an every down back for any team, he's not built for that.

They are a 1-dimensional passing-first team, that will have a hard time I think improving their RB numbers by starting from scratch. Sproles + a bigger back either FA or rookie would have been ideal.

I can see Denver or KC making the Chargers pay for letting him go, but there are a lot of teams that could use a player like him.

A big back will be good to wear down the defense and a quick back to finish them off.
Sounds like the 06/07 Giants team when they had Ward and Brandon Jacobs!

I know this will not be for the 2010-2011 season. Heck, if it does happen it is still many years down the road, but here is the site for the new football stadium for LA, just 3 miles from my house. I took the pics this morning. I'll take more in the spring when the wildflowers start growing.

BTW, I just noticed something in the first picture. If you look below the street sign at the first hill in the distance you will see a big brown and white section on the hill. That is where that big landslide occurred two weeks ago, covering two interchange ramps on the freeway. The freeway is still closed down.

Attachments

• IMG_0745.JPG
    IMG_0745.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0746.JPG
    IMG_0746.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 85
T.O Might end up in New England possibly.
I doubt T.O would want to go to Oakland unless they are throwing money at him.
If anything this will be the last year for T.O.

I doubt that this will be his last year ..... someone could give him more than one year, he may not even consider a one year contract depending on who's looking at signing him.

Oakland needs to figure out who their QB is before signing a big name WR with a very limited window of playing time left, a waste of money for them.

I just heard mentioned that T.O. could go to the Bengals.
A team that is back in the thick of things as far as the playoffs goes, I'm sure T.O. wants to play for a winner again.
Ocho Stinko is recruiting him.

Oakland needs to figure out who their QB is before signing a big name WR with a very limited window of playing time left, a waste of money for them.

I think it has already been decided. I think they have decided that they will give Fat Boy ONE last go at it. That is who the Grim Reaper wanted and 'paid for and damn it that is who my QB is. I didn't bring all those QB guys to improve him for nothing.....':rolleyes::(

Perfect example of why when you make a mistake drafting a QB in the first round, it sets your franchise back years. You have to keep giving him a chance, to justify your selection.

Sandra

Perfect example of why when you make a mistake drafting a QB in the first round, it sets your franchise back years. You have to keep giving him a chance, to justify your selection.

Sandra

I am gonna be the good optimist and give him that chance...ONE MORE TIME. But under the condition of slimmer, better, smarter QB. NOT THE smartest, slimmest, best QB out there....just a newer improved version of last year. Hell, if we were to get the JaMarcus after his 1st year of starting...I would be happy as hell! THAT Russell was TONS better than last years Russell.

I am gonna be the good optimist and give him that chance...ONE MORE TIME. But under the condition of slimmer, better, smarter QB. NOT THE smartest, slimmest, best QB out there....just a newer improved version of last year. Hell, if we were to get the JaMarcus after his 1st year of starting...I would be happy as hell! THAT Russell was TONS better than last years Russell.

What makes you optimistic? His stellar work ethic, his admiral leaderships skills or his perfect attendance in team meetings? ;) :D

Coincidentally ESPN reporting today Gradkowski is expected to have the edge at starting QB for the Raiders going into training camp. They have until Thursday to tender him a RFA offer, he'll probably make just under 2 mil next year.

What makes you optimistic? His stellar work ethic, his admiral leaderships skills or his perfect attendance in team meetings? ;) :D

At the end of his 1st full season, he played VERY well considering how crappy the team played...things looked in the up and up. ALL indications showed he would improved. As I "discussed" earlier....he had better numbers than Mark Sanchez, Stafford and the rest. Then he went from "oh the possibilities" to a float on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

Terrible....

Coincidentally ESPN reporting today Gradkowski is expected to have the edge at starting QB for the Raiders going into training camp. They have until Thursday to tender him a RFA offer, he'll probably make just under 2 mil next year.

Thats good :)
He's the best QB they have in camp. :up

No suspension for Browns’ Shaun Rogers

MLB Extra Innings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)