NFL preseason 2010-2011 Official discussion thread!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Fox reporting the Leinart era is coming to a close in AZ and the Cardinals are on the phones talking to teams to drum up interest.

He could be released before the end of the weekend.

Does this surprise anyone ?

According to his numbers it shocks me that he isn't the starter. They are better than Anderson, yet he isn't the starter. Wonder why?

According to his numbers it shocks me that he isn't the starter. They are better than Anderson, yet he isn't the starter. Wonder why?

I feel sorry for Arizona if they truly think Derek Anderson is their future starting QB.

Let me tell you something about DA. He's fools gold! There's games he looks like a world beater and can make every pass in the game, including DEEP bombs that very few QB's in this league can make. Then, almost inexplicably and at the most inopportune time, he makes mind boggling mistakes. He's not a very smart guy, he's mentally weak and he can't command a huddle as he's not a leader. He's timid and he cries when reporters pry or fans boo (I'm serious). When the pressure's on, he stinks. When there's no pressure, he shines.

Cards fans will see. He'll be fine as long as the Cards have a lead. Then, if the game is close in the 4th quarter, he'll morph into his alter ego, Derek Anderception.

I wouldn't expect anything different from you and Cy. You're Steelers fans. Now, if it had happened to Ben, you guys might see it differently.....

No I did not add the quotes(see the first line), those were from the site I got this.

Ben wouldn't of went low to hit the LB, he would of tackled him.

Ben has been hit many times, some legal and some illegal, part of the game.

On the Orton taking on a vicious hit from Harrison talk, my question is this: How do you tell a football player to not do what comes natural to him during an in-game situation? He's a player, he reacted on football instinct. Once a player plays NOT to get hurt, that's when injuries happen.

On the Orton taking on a vicious hit from Harrison talk, my question is this: How do you tell a football player to not do what comes natural to him during an in-game situation? He's a player, he reacted on football instinct. Once a player plays NOT to get hurt, that's when injuries happen.

I don't believe what I'm gonna type....I agree :eek: :up:up:up

A real good reason to keep the bling at home:

Several Miami Dolphins crawled across the field after practice Tuesday -- not due to exhaustion, but because they were looking for a diamond earring.

Defensive end Kendall Langford said he forgot to take his earrings off before practice and lost one during drills. He said the diamond was nearly 2.5 carats, which is why he was still on the field an hour after practice scanning the grass.

Miami Dolphins search field for $50K earring - NFL - SI.com

What if Delhomme is GREAT this year?

I've read a lot of thoughts from Browns fans defending Jake Delhomme saying something to the effect of "he may not be great, but anything is an upgrade over what we had last year."

In the mean time the guy has gone 38-48 with 2 TD's and 0 Interceptions. I understand this is the preseason, but this calling this "solid" QB'ing is an understatement..... he has been FANTASTIC so far!

Now, I understand it's preseason and I'm still tempering my expectations, but Delhomme has been a very good-great QB in his good years (of which he has had many)... what if Delhomme basically pulls a Kurt Warner in Cleveland? What if he ends up being one of the top 5-7 QB's in the league this year? My question is... how good can the Browns be if that ends up happening? I would think a playoff berth would be automatic, no? At least a Wild Card spot, and a legit shot at winning the division?

Thoughts on the best possible outcome for this season?

I've read a lot of thoughts from Browns fans defending Jake Delhomme saying something to the effect of "he may not be great, but anything is an upgrade over what we had last year."

In the mean time the guy has gone 38-48 with 2 TD's and 0 Interceptions. I understand this is the preseason, but this calling this "solid" QB'ing is an understatement..... he has been FANTASTIC so far!

Now, I understand it's preseason and I'm still tempering my expectations, but Delhomme has been a very good-great QB in his good years (of which he has had many)... what if Delhomme basically pulls a Kurt Warner in Cleveland? What if he ends up being one of the top 5-7 QB's in the league this year? My question is... how good can the Browns be if that ends up happening? I would think a playoff berth would be automatic, no? At least a Wild Card spot, and a legit shot at winning the division?

Thoughts on the best possible outcome for this season?

I honestly think Delhomme is like the "girl with the curl". When he is good, he is very, VERY good, BUT............you know the rest. :D

People forget, Jake was nearly a Super Bowl winning QB several years ago. I think Delhomme is a good fit in Cleveland. The Browns could very easily catch lightning in a bottle with him.

Sorry, that does not apply to QBs at this stage of game. They do practice blocking or tackling on a daily basis for a couple of hours other than a play or two. They are neither paid or asked to block or tackle. IF ANYTHING, they are asked to avoid the contact all together. OTHER do the tackling or blocking....

Sorry, that does not apply to QBs at this stage of game. They do practice blocking or tackling on a daily basis for a couple of hours other than a play or two. They are neither paid or asked to block or tackle. IF ANYTHING, they are asked to avoid the contact all together. OTHER do the tackling or blocking....

If you wear pads and a helmet, you're a football player. PERIOD. You can not tame instincts.

All 16 games of preseason week 4 will be played tomorrow night. Two of those games will be carried live on NFL Network:

7:00pm ET- New England at NY Giants

10:00pm ET- Washington at Arizona

If you wear pads and a helmet, you're a football player. PERIOD. You can not tame instincts.

THAT may apply to pee wee football and high school, where some kids play two positions....but at the PRO LEVEL, your "instincts" as a QB is to throw and run for your life. PERIOD. NOT make tackles and make blocks.:rolleyes:

...sez you.... :rolleyes:

Anyone know what the remaining cuts dates/roster sizes are for the NFL?

LMAO!! whatever you say....9 times out of 10, a QB will not put themselves in that position. Only the fools or the ones that they wanna prove something(and usually the ones that get hurt) try something like that. Hell, PUNTERS and KICKERS do more tackling and block schemes than QBs and they even THEY want no part of trying to tackle someone as the size of a WR, much less someone the size of a oversized linebacker....:cool:

LMAO!! whatever you say....9 times out of 10, a QB will not put themselves in that position. Only the fools or the ones that they wanna prove something(and usually the ones that get hurt) try something like that. Hell, PUNTERS and KICKERS do more tackling and block schemes than QBs and they even THEY want no part of trying to tackle someone as the size of a WR, much less someone the size of a oversized linebacker....:cool:

This was probably Ortons way of getting back at Harrison .... Harrison said that Orton had been yappin all night long.

THAT may apply to pee wee football and high school, where some kids play two positions....but at the PRO LEVEL, your "instincts" as a QB is to throw and run for your life. PERIOD. NOT make tackles and make blocks.:rolleyes:

So what will you call that dude in the avatar of yours? A "non-football player?" Hmmm?

So what will you call that dude in the avatar of yours? A "non-football player?" Hmmm?

Nope. A QB! The guy you have on YOUR avatar practices getting hit and hitting people every day. The one on MY avatar wears a read vest during practice like EVERY SINGLE QB stating "do not hit".

But I am sure you knew that...QBs are not allowed to get hit during practice?;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts