NFL preseason 2010-2011 Official discussion thread!

Nope. A QB! The guy you have on YOUR avatar practices getting hit and hitting people every day. The one on MY avatar wears a read vest during practice like EVERY SINGLE QB stating "do not hit".

But I am sure you knew that...QBs are not allowed to get hit during practice?;)

But it wasn't practice, it was a game against a different team. Granted most QBs will stay out of the way but if it is meant to save the other team from scoring a TD they will do it.

Remember Ben tackling Harper in the 2008 AFC Championship game?:rolleyes:

Nope. A QB! The guy you have on YOUR avatar practices getting hit and hitting people every day. The one on MY avatar wears a read vest during practice like EVERY SINGLE QB stating "do not hit".

But I am sure you knew that...QBs are not allowed to get hit during practice?;)

We're talking about PRACTICE?! PRACTICE?

Show me a rule where it says a QB can't hit or be hit during an actual real live game and then we can talk.

We're talking about PRACTICE?! PRACTICE?

Show me a rule where it says a QB can't hit or be hit during an actual real live game and then we can talk.

There is no rule. But like I said, 9 out of 10 guys will not due what this QB did. Hell, I am willing to be that most would rather do the "olle" move of trying to trip the runner like kickers do than take that chance of being hurt and further hurt their team in the long run..

YOU TELL ME, would you want your franchise QB to try to make a hit in a useless preseason game just because of a pick? Short term, you stopped a touchdown...long term injury and possibly out for the season. Yeah, THAT will help your team get to the playoffs or a playoff team get to the Super Bowl.:rolleyes:

There is no rule. But like I said, 9 out of 10 guys will not due what this QB did. Hell, I am willing to be that most would rather do the "olle" move of trying to trip the runner like kickers do than take that chance of being hurt and further hurt their team in the long run..

YOU TELL ME, would you want your franchise QB to try to make a hit in a useless preseason game just because of a pick? Short term, you stopped a touchdown...long term injury and possibly out for the season. Yeah, THAT will help your team get to the playoffs or a playoff team get to the Super Bowl.:rolleyes:

In this case, Orton is neither injured or out for the season.
He may have been shook up some, but I don't expect him to miss any time.

Btw, it was his own dumb doing, he had other players coming to his aid as well.
It was Pre season, no need to worry about winning or losing.

He might of not been to smart for doing that in preseason but in regular season they better tackle the guy.

Not even....do you really wanna risk your QB for possibly the year....??!! That is the ONLY thing I ask you?

Do you realize how silly your argument is?

Why stop at just limiting your QB to making physical contact? The Jets better not let Revis tackle anyone. He might scrape his knee. The Ravens better instruct Ray Lewis to just lie down the next time a Full Back comes storming his way. Dwight Freeney? Yep. He better run, not walk the hell out of the way the next time he's in harms way. After all, those guys are way to valuable to a team to risk injury! :rolleyes:

Do you realize how silly your argument is?

Why stop at just limiting your QB to making physical contact? The Jets better not let Revis tackle anyone. He might scrape his knee. The Ravens better instruct Ray Lewis to just lie down the next time a Full Back comes storming his way. Dwight Freeney? Yep. He better run, not walk the hell out of the way the next time he's in harms way. After all, those guys are way to valuable to a team to risk injury! :rolleyes:

It is not silly when the position is meant to HIT or BLOCK. His position is meant to pass. QBs are not on the team to tackle. You are foolishly comparing apples and oranges. Revis and Lewis's job are to HIT. NOT your QB....:rolleyes:

OK, answer me this, WHY then, during team practice, are QBs NOT allowed, for the most part, to be tackled?

And you are NOT limiting him in anyway, you just preffer that he concentrate on THROWING the ball....not tackling someone just because he f***ed up and threw an interception.

It is not silly when the position is meant to HIT or BLOCK. His position is meant to pass. QBs are not on the team to tackle. You are foolishly comparing apples and oranges. Revis and Lewis's job are to HIT. NOT your QB....:rolleyes:

OK, answer me this, WHY then, during team practice, are QBs NOT allowed, for the most part, to be tackled?

And you are NOT limiting him in anyway, you just preffer that he concentrate on THROWING the ball....not tackling someone just because he f***ed up and threw an interception.

Please stop comparing PRACTICE to a real live football game where all bets are off.

Injuries happen. If I was ever a ball coach, I am not going to instruct a football player (regardless of position) whose instincts are to hit and be hit to shy away like a little pansy. The second you let your guard down or play not to get hurt is when injuries happen.

In all seriousness,Matt Leinart just needs to shut up & show some humility. If Derek Anderson really is as bad as everyone says he is,Leinart will have his chance to play & show how good he is. Short passes are just as effective as long passes. He is not going to start anyplace else. He could learn something from both Tim Tebow(about humility) AND Vince Young(about second chances).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)