NFL preseason 2010-2011 Official discussion thread!

Oh and just a head's-up to the rest of the non Cleveland Browns watching NFL crowd...

#43 TJ Ward. Be on the lookout. A hard-hitting rookie safety out of Oregon. Absolutely LOVED what I saw out of him on Saturday!

He's like a bulky version of Troy Palamalu! Check out the highlights from his debut. He was all over the place, both on defense and special teams!

[youtube]yozPGxKg5_4[/youtube]

You GOT to be KIDDING, he's been here for 5 minutes and he's got a SONG and a VIDEO already ?

He hasn't even MADE the team yet.

He must think he's Troy, seeing he's wearing his number.

I hope the Browns play him on Special Teams, that way Polomalo can KNOCK his Number right off of him. :D

HD,
Don't ya think it's just a LITTLE premature to be Comparing him to a HOF player, he hasn't even made it on to the playing field yet.

He may turn out to be very good, but come on ......

I know it was preseason and the scrubs are playing. :) but when the comments about tebow were made in the draft threads no one specified if preseason counted or not :)

And besides I'm a homer :)

Mark my words with tebow at the head of the broncos they will do better this year then last. And within 2 seasons they will be real contenders for the superbowl.

This coming from a guy who's been a broncos fan a long time (since draft day 2010) :)

My opinion of Tebow, I like him and hope he does well.
However, if Denver has ANY kind of a season, he won't be getting off the bench, unless they make a WildCat package for him.

My opinion of Tebow, I like him and hope he does well.
However, if Denver has ANY kind of a season, he won't be getting off the bench, unless they make a WildCat package for him.

The way Quinn played, he may jump ahead of him on the depth chart at least. Still, neither one of them are taking over for Orton as he continues to play well.

You GOT to be KIDDING, he's been here for 5 minutes and he's got a SONG and a VIDEO already ?

He hasn't even MADE the team yet.

He must think he's Troy, seeing he's wearing his number.

I hope the Browns play him on Special Teams, that way Polomalo can KNOCK his Number right off of him. :D

HD,
Don't ya think it's just a LITTLE premature to be Comparing him to a HOF player, he hasn't even made it on to the playing field yet.

He may turn out to be very good, but come on ......

Are you starting to understand the level of passion and hope this city (Cleveland) has, especially for it's football team and anyone wearing orange and brown that shows even a hint of promise? Lol!

Perhaps it's a bit premature, but I hope all my hype is right. This kid was impressive!

The way Quinn played, he may jump ahead of him on the depth chart at least. Still, neither one of them are taking over for Orton as he continues to play well.

It's still way early to worry about it, both Tebow and Quinn will play a lot more ball in the preseason yet.
Can't judge a player on 1 performance with the 4th string D in there.
Or 3rd in Quinn's case.

Um, I think at halftime Brady Quinn was 5/13 for 38 yards and a pick. He got better as the defensive moved deeper into their depth charts in the 3rd quarter. He was so bad I asked Mort on Twitter if Quinn could possibly not even make the team on Twitter (didn't get a response, they get a ton of questions).

Buffalo Buffoons- The Second Edition, now with more schedule!

The Buffalo Bills schedule is as daunting as a K2 mountain.

That, combined with the wretched mess our team is becoming on the field, makes me wonder if there's an outside shot we go winless.

Anything can happen, but looking at the sched, it's not pretty.

Also, the Bills have zero prime-time appearances, so at least that eliminates the possibility of nationally televised embarassment. Regionally televised embarassment is a lot better than primetime embarassment (56-10, Monday night meltdowns against the Browns, Patriots, and Cowboys).

Here's what I see:

Week 1 at home vs. Miami- We have one running back, one WR, no QB's, and a terrible defense. Yes, it's a rivalry. But this Buffalo team is REALLY lacking in talent. Brandon Marshall couldn't have handpicked a better opponent. (0-1)

Week 2 on the road at Green Bay- The tundra may not be frozen, but the Bills offense sure will be. Last year, the Pack faltered against team with quality offensive players. Buffalo has none of those. Packers are hoping to make the Super Bowl. I'm hoping we don't get humiliated (0-2)

Week 3 on the road at New England- Last year's mediocre team came close twice against the Pats. These Bills have gotten worse since then. No way do these Bills break the Patriot hex. (0-3)

Week 4 at home vs the Jets- Sandra, consider yourself embarassed if this Buffalo offense can muster 14 points on that vaunted Jet D (0-4)

Week 5 at home vs Jacksonville- SALVATION! This is the one team I know in my heart we can beat. Their passing game is as laughable as ours. If you are a fan of passing football, do not subject them to this game. It could scar them for life (1-4)

Week 6 vs Bye- Remember when Wozniak claimed the Lions couldn't beat Bye? At least the final score was closer when those two teams clashed! The Bills vs. Bye would be shades of Patriots 56, Bills 10 from a few years ago

Week 7 on the road at Baltimore- Baltimore now has an actual, real life offense. That means instead of losing by two touchdowns, they'll get beaten by 4! (1-5)

Week 8 on the road at Kansas City- The Chiefs acquired Thomas Jones, a man who ran wild against the Bills last year. They also have Jamaal Charles, who ran like a man possessed down the homestretch. Against a team with laughable run defense... memo to those playing in the SatGuys, start any RB against the Bills. You won't be dissapointated. (1-6)

Week 9 at 'home' in Toronto against Chicago- Maybe the fact that the game's played in a different country will confuse Cutler into throwing interceptions! :D (1-7)

Week 10 at home vs. Detroit- This is a toss-up... am toss-up-your-cookies game between two not-ready-for-primetime opponents! Then again, Detroit has an actual QB. But they can't play defense. I will challenge Wozniak to an avatar bet for this Battle of the Century! (2-7)

Week 11 on the road at Cincinnati- Terrell Owens should tell us to get your Cincinnati Chili ready. A reunion game that'll be as suspenseful as a Kentucky-Florida game, eh, Ramy? (2-8)

Week 12 at home vs. Pittsburgh- Roethlisberger will be back from suspension. Buffalo will wish their offense was back from suspension against the Steeler D (2-9).

Week 13 on the road at Minnesota- Brett Favre returning means instead of winning by 2 touchdowns, they'll win by 5! (2-10)

Week 14 at home vs Cleveland- HD, for all the bad play your Browns have done the last two years, you STILL beat the Bills. Cleveland owns the Bills like Ramy owns this site. Browns are taking a step forward, Buffalo is taking 5 steps backwards. (2-11)

Week 15 on the road at Miami- We used to own the Fish when we visited their stadium. Then again, that was when Buffalo had a real team. (2-12)

Week 16 at home vs. New England- It won't be 56-10, but it won't be pretty. Bill, your Pats will probably name the score. I just hope Buffalo can name that tune! (2-13)

Week 17 on the road at the Jets- It'll be a miracle if Buffalo can S-C-O-R-E, score, score, score! (2-14)

Bills | Jairus Byrd undergoes surgery
Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:45:31 -0400
Buffalo Bills FS Jairus Byrd (groin) underwent surgery to repair a groin injury and will be out indefinitely, according to The Associated Press. Head coach Chan Gailey said he is not sure if Byrd will be ready for Week 1.

Week 10 at home vs. Detroit- This is a toss-up... am toss-up-your-cookies game between two not-ready-for-primetime opponents! Then again, Detroit has an actual QB. But they can't play defense. I will challenge Wozniak to an avatar bet for this Battle of the Century! (2-7)

I see this game getting flexed to Pax-TV. :D

Bills | Jairus Byrd undergoes surgery
Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:45:31 -0400
Buffalo Bills FS Jairus Byrd (groin) underwent surgery to repair a groin injury and will be out indefinitely, according to The Associated Press. Head coach Chan Gailey said he is not sure if Byrd will be ready for Week 1.

The football gods are just having a field day with the Bills. :rant::rant::mad::mad::(:(

What game did you watch, Quinn sucked. He aired at least two passes 2 stories over the receiver on 3rd downs, and was poor with his other throws. One of them hit McDaniels in the leg, he was not a happy camper and let Quinn know it.

Hopefully it was just first game shakes, but he needs to improve.

Last edited:
Um, I think at halftime Brady Quinn was 5/13 for 38 yards and a pick. He got better as the defensive moved deeper into their depth charts in the 3rd quarter. He was so bad I asked Mort on Twitter if Quinn could possibly not even make the team on Twitter (didn't get a response, they get a ton of questions).

That's why I said it's not out of the question for Tebow to jump him in the depth chart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)